CLASSIC TRANSFORMERS CARTOON ON TV SOON?

KENNY GUIDO

the classics line wont be getting a cartoon, it's just the filler toy line we are getting until the movie toy line gets here!! (unless i've totaly missed something)

unless you mean they'll be showing the original G1, because that would be cool!!

Me too! ^_^ I think I'm going to start watching G1, again, in the mean time, anyway...

I was going to say....

If th origional was being showed by CN they would put it on Boomerang

I could have sworn they reaired GI JOE a few years back on cartoon network. they couldnt air it anymore because it was too expensive.

It was aired late nights around 12 and 12:30

Then Boomerang had it and showed it on Sundays

Now G4 airs it on Action Blast

I was going to say....

If th origional was being showed by CN they would put it on Boomerang

I could have sworn they reaired GI JOE a few years back on cartoon network. they couldnt air it anymore because it was too expensive.

It was aired late nights around 12 and 12:30

Then Boomerang had it and showed it on Sundays

Now G4 airs it on Action Blast

then they might have a chance to get on CN. I dont get boomerang in ny, believe it or not so I hope CN does in fact get it, if what my kid says is true.

They're airing GI Joe on G4 every morning as part of Action Blast! They also show Transformers Cybertron. It has little segways with a guy in a Cobra Commander uniform. Would have been cooler in 2002, but better late than never.

They seriously need to stop doing Transformers Anime style and use Japanese writers. I haven't watched any series since G1 because of it. I love anime, but Anime doesn't fit with Transformers.

You want to know a good cartoon show? TMNT and that's not anime done.

They seriously need to stop doing Transformers Anime style and use Japanese writers. I haven't watched any series since G1 because of it. I love anime, but Anime doesn't fit with Transformers.

You want to know a good cartoon show? TMNT and that's not anime done.

Hate to burst your bubble, but G1 is in many respects, anime. As is GI Joe or most other Sunbow shows. They were the original "faux anime" series.

And how do you know the most recent shows suck if you haven't seen them?

I have watched it, they do suck. But that's just my opinion. And i'm talking about full blown anime. I don't think it works with transfomers. G1 is not cartoon back in the day is not japanese anime nor is it considered it. The shows get too goofy and the stories are kind of lame. I would love for the TF series to get more edgier but i know that wont happen.

I would love for the TF series to get more edgier but i know that wont happen.

Depends on what Cartoon network decides to do, this is network that has made:

Samurai Jack

IGPX

Teen Titans

Justice League

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

Juniper Lee

Ben 10

Megas XLR

That is a BROAD range of styles there, and we just don't know what they'll do with Heroes

I have watched it, they do suck. But that's just my opinion. And i'm talking about full blown anime. I don't think it works with transfomers. G1 is not cartoon back in the day is not japanese anime nor is it considered it. The shows get too goofy and the stories are kind of lame. I would love for the TF series to get more edgier but i know that wont happen.

I guess g1 episodes where Megatron becomes a hero and Galvatron visits a therapist are better stories than what we have been seeing today. LOL @smilepunch@

I don't think anime is the problem, but what the demographics are aimed at. It is easy for us to hate the new cartoons, but like the old ones since we've grown up w/ them. It is possible that the "edgier" cartoons didn't do so well for the majority of audiencesince Beast Machines was scrapped or else we would have gotten Transtech. Maybe RID did better towards the us audience which is probably why they went with those types of shows afterwards.

Think of it this way, why else have power rangers been on the air for 10+ years?

Think of it this way, why else have power rangers been on the air for 10+ years?

because kids love watching adults in tight outfits fight each other?

Thats what possibly made Batman a hit show in the late 60's

If you noticed Teen Titans that had an Anime flavor to it also

I don't think we will ever see the same type of animation that G1 had ever again

because kids love watching adults in tight outfits fight each other?

Thats what possibly made Batman a hit show in the late 60's

If you noticed Teen Titans that had an Anime flavor to it also

I don't think we will ever see the same type of animation that G1 had ever again

Maybe, but I don't think it is soley because of anime since g1 has a sense of anime even if it the art designers were american. I mean, Peter Chung of Aeon Flux and other popular cartoons style is a mixture of european and japanese animation (which I guess is the reason why his art style is considered japanese anime even though I disagree,) worked on the storyboards of G1.

I also think that american animation evolved into angular more type of art like the Clone Wars cartoon and all those other shows on Cartoon Network. It is said on Wiki that the art director for the new TF show has worked on Teen Titans, Fosters, and Legion of Superheroes. It also said that it won't be anime and that it will have a brand new look that TF has never seen before. If I have to guess, it would probably be in the art style of Legion of superheroes and Clone Wars since that style seems to be on hot on that network, as in terms of angular faces and exaggerated body types.

LOL I read further on wiki and apparently, Prime is going to be younger than the other Autobots. My guess is that they are doing a younger origin like The Batman where Prime first becomes leader. I wouldn't be suprised even though I am despite that it seems that the young leader is popular on CN (i.e. Legions of Superheroes, Teen Titians, etc...)

article from wikipedia

Transformers: Heroes

Not much is known except it will air on Cartoon Network in Fall 2007 and takes place in where earth is cohabitated by humans and robots. Also, veteran voice actors from Beast Wars will do the voices. Recently, information on which Transformers will be in the show was announced. Optimus Prime (who will be a fire truck), Megatron, Bumblebee, Ultra Magnus, Prowl, and Starscream are being auditioned. It also should be noted that Optimus Prime will be younger than the other Autobots. This is the first time since Generation 1 with Rodimus Prime that a younger Autobot has served as leader.[citation needed] Recently, David Kaye (best known for voicing the second Megatron) announced that he will provide the voice of Optimus Prime. This is a new experience for him as he has always voiced Megatron in the dubbed shows, while Gary Chalk has voiced Prime and Primal since Beast Wars. The show will be directed by Alex Soto, who directed the Teen Titans TV series, and the character designer, whom of which is unknown, worked on Teen Titans, Foster's, and Legion of Superheroes. Cartoon Network will also help with the production of the show, and this series will have a different look from the Armada/Energon/Cybertron trilogy (and it won't be anime). Instead, will have a brand new look like nothing seen before in Transformers. Recently, rumors are going around saying that Tom Kenny, the voice of Spongebob Squarepants, will be providing one of the voices in the show.

Make it like Justice League and TMNT! We just need cool writers, I prefer american especially if they were going to do a Transformers Classic G1 story.

Making it like another cartoon show won't necessarily make it any better. Justice League and TMNT are, at least in my opinion, good cartoons. Justice League in particular because it was written more for an adult audience then for children.

What exactly constitutues a "cool writer"? There have been many good writers throughout history that would have been horrible with this subject matter. Would Shakespeare have adequately written Transformers?

"What light on yonder window breaks? It is the east and Elita-1 is the sun."

"Optimus, Optimus, wherefore art thou Optimus?"

And your preference for an American style cartoon, while more on my side of the fence does not ring true. The Transformers, was originally a Japanese product (Go Super Robot Life Form, or something to that effect). Re-creating the classic G1 Transformers would be more appropriate were it done in full blown anime since it was the original media, more or less.

Ultimately I hope CN re-airs G1. I don't get Boomerang, and can't afford super digital cable so no G4 either. I missed the re-run of GI Joe (second best cartoon series ever) too.

Make it like Justice League and TMNT! We just need cool writers, I prefer american especially if they were going to do a Transformers Classic G1 story.

Making it like another cartoon show won't necessarily make it any better. Justice League and TMNT are, at least in my opinion, good cartoons. Justice League in particular because it was written more for an adult audience then for children.

What exactly constitutues a "cool writer"? There have been many good writers throughout history that would have been horrible with this subject matter. Would Shakespeare have adequately written Transformers?

"What light on yonder window breaks? It is the east and Elita-1 is the sun."

"Optimus, Optimus, wherefore art thou Optimus?"

And your preference for an American style cartoon, while more on my side of the fence does not ring true. The Transformers, was originally a Japanese product (Go Super Robot Life Form, or something to that effect). Re-creating the classic G1 Transformers would be more appropriate were it done in full blown anime since it was the original media, more or less.

Ultimately I hope CN re-airs G1. I don't get Boomerang, and can't afford super digital cable so no G4 either. I missed the re-run of GI Joe (second best cartoon series ever) too.

Good points. This reminds me where some guy on another TF forum I used to go to(Bigbot,) would say how Japanese animators can't do robots. I find that funny because of what you said, Transformers is a japanese product, hence the mecha style human heads that was popular in Japan at the time and that Japan are well known for their mecha shows such as Gundam, Macross, and Evangelion.

As for writers, I also agree. What makes a good writer for cartoons based on toys? I am not implyin anyone here since no one said comeos are key, but I believe that some ppl in fandom confused fan service with good storylines.

I know I may be stoned to death by ppl on this thread, but I find Robot Chicken overrated. Sure some skits are funny, but the majority of them have the typical adult swim humor. However, I think ppl like Robot Chicken because of its use of toys and our nostalga of playin them. The writting, however, is like those adult swim cartoons cept we(included myself) are blind sighted with seeing our favorite toys in a parody sketch, which makes us like it. I mean, if you watch those celebrity and non license toy skits on that show, you can tell how bad they are. I mean that one guy dancing to his kitty is lame at best.

As for Transformers, I realize how fan service can make ppl like a bad storyline. I originally thought the BT story was good till I read it again recently and realized I only like it because of g1 and gi joe references. That thing is filled with comeos and such, which imo hurt the storyline. I mean a secret organization of lame human transformers villians and obscure Gi Joe dictators(Iron Klaw and that one nazi dude from the 5 inch line) working together in stopping the autobots? Also, Ravage from Beast Wars with the spark of g1. It gets confusing. I don't mind references here and there, but using too much to the point of mixing multiple licenses into the storyline (like what most fan writers do) kills it. The story would have been better if the writer laid off of using a lot of fan service, but what do ou expect from the author for the japanese binaltech line, who previously fanwrites TF stories?

Good points. This reminds me where some guy on another TF forum I used to go to(Bigbot,) would say how Japanese animators can't do robots. I find that funny because of what you said, Transformers is a japanese product, hence the mecha style human heads that was popular in Japan at the time and that Japan are well known for their mecha shows such as Gundam, Macross, and Evangelion.

If you want to get technical about it, Transformers is actually an American product. Now, Diaclone, Microchange, Microman, Beetras, and Dorvack, which is where 90%(though the numbers are probably more like 100%) of the 1984 and 1985 molds originate from, are Japanese lines, and the stories behind them all deal with piloted mecha akin to Gundam, Macross, and Evangelion, like you said. Such was the norm in Japan at the time; however, the concept of gigantic sentient robots full of free thought that can transform wasn't really innovated until Transformers hit America, and then later hit Japan as Super Robot Lifeform Great Ken Watanabe Zyuranger Chou Sentai God Masterforce Yuusha Gaogaigar. Give or take.

Oh, c'mon people, laugh. Laughter is good.

As for Transformers, I realize how fan service can make ppl like a bad storyline. I originally thought the BT story was good till I read it again recently and realized I only like it because of g1 and gi joe references. That thing is filled with cameos and such, which imo hurt the storyline. I mean a secret organization of lame human transformers villians and obscure Gi Joe dictators(Iron Klaw and that one nazi dude from the 5 inch line) working together in stopping the autobots? Also, Ravage from Beast Wars with the spark of g1. It gets confusing. I don't mind references here and there, but using too much to the point of mixing multiple licenses into the storyline (like what most fan writers do) kills it. The story would have been better if the writer laid off of using a lot of fan service, but what do ou expect from the author for the japanese binaltech line, who previously fanwrites TF stories?

The BT story was absolute crap; however, Ichikawa's Transformer Chronicles comic, which he did all himself, is very top-notch. If you haven't seen it DS, remind me to email it to you sometime. It's a fine bridge between G1 and G2.

Remember kids, character development over fan references will win every time.