Mortal Kombat series 3 figs out!!

Draven79

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found these guys today for the first time. I was gona get Reptile, but I figured I'd wait for Noob since these guys aren't at the top of my list.

I like what Jazwares has done though! I wouldn't even know it was them if it wasn't for the classic dollar store toy mistake: weapons the figure can't hold. Brilliant. Jazwares is at least trying. I mean, Sub-Zero and Scorpion could hold the weapons! Very impressive there (for Jazwares) so I'm not sure how this one got past them. I mean, Kano's knives don't even have handles big enough for him to hold them and he's at least got the hands to hold stuff! Couldn't manage that with Reptile.

Ah, but enough ripping on Jazwares. They've done enough to get them a medal for first ever "mass market dollar store toys" with thier first run of Mega Man. So it's nice to see any toy out of them that looks nice and plays well. It's not like they even needed weapons anyhow. Reptile would have been just as perfect as he is without the confusing weapon he can't hold.

So has anyone found Noob at all yet? I'd love to see 'em.

Kano can hold his knives just fine and they fit in the sheaths perefctly.

Draven

Well, I noticed the knife sheaths on his legs; they looked fine as you said. However, those knife handles looked way too small to fit into the large holes of his hands. Can you just set the knives in there or can he actually hold them? You know, you turn him upside down and the knives don't fall out?

Yeah, it's too bad these aren't out regularly. It's just TRU and Kay-Bee so far that I know. Even then it's usually a small amount so they just get snapped up.

Makes sense though; what kinda love has Mortal Kombat gotten over the years in terms of figures? Those GI-Joe guys pretty much.

I bought a Kano the other day, but didn't realize he was missing his red eye. Is everyone else's like that?

I also seen the Noob & Cage MOC pictures online. Noob comes with 2 swords but has 2 fists, making it impossible to hold them. Cage comes with 3 sets of hands (fists, open, & weapon hands) & no weapons. I'll still buy them if I see them though.

I also seen the Noob & Cage MOC pictures online. Noob comes with 2 swords but has 2 fists, making it impossible to hold them. Cage comes with 3 sets of hands (fists, open, & weapon hands) & no weapons. I'll still buy them if I see them though.

Were they for presale or actually in hand?

TRU finally put out a whole wave (meaning I just caught them at the right time). As it was said, it was just the first line of guys on the back of the package (Lu, Kano, Reptile, SubZero). Gotta keep up the watch to see if they put out the other line.

Bought SubZero for the heck of it. Finest "dollar store" quality figure I've ever bought. It would be a great regular kid's toy if the plastic quality didn't make it feel so brittle. Seems like it would be easily broken.

I'm real impressed with the sculpt and paint though! Overall, the price is good for what you get.

Oh yeah, I forgot KB gets these suckers in droves. TRU sometimes puts out a small box of 'em, but KB packed 'em in. That'll probably be a better bet. Assuming anyone else still has KBs that haven't shut down.

I just found Kano at my local TRU. I'm totally diggin' this guy. The weapons, and especially the cool base, are added bonuses. I just wish my Hot Topic 2-pack Subby and Scorpion came with the bases. They only had Kano and Liu Kang, which sucks, because I'm really wanting the Reptile. All the KB stores here are still loaded with series 1, so I don't expect to see these anywhere else but TRU.

Jazwares, bring on the Goro or Kintaro BAF!