Iverson goes to Denver

Crimson Twins

Well you have the top two leading scorers in the league right now on the same team. Someone's going to have to give up the ball eventually. I think it'll take some work to get them all on the same page. Especially since Melo is out for 15 games. Iverson will get to feel like he is the man again because he will be the #1 option in Melo's absence. When Melo get's back will be the true test of this team.

I starting to wonder if this was a good move by Denver. When C-Webb came over to Philadelphia, everyone thought it was gonna be a great move since Iverson finally was playing with another superstar player. But look at what happened. The Sixers were just as bad.

I'm not saying Iverson and Carmello will result in the same thing, but both those guys are going to want the ball. I'm wondering how Denver's chemistry will work when both are on the court.

I starting to wonder if this was a good move by Denver. When C-Webb came over to Philadelphia, everyone thought it was gonna be a great move since Iverson finally was playing with another superstar player. But look at what happened. The Sixers were just as bad.

I'm not saying Iverson and Carmello will result in the same thing, but both those guys are going to want the ball. I'm wondering how Denver's chemistry will work when both are on the court.

Iverson's going to have to really buy into George Karl's system. And given Iverson's track record with coaches, even the greats like Larry Brown, I wouldn't be too confident that he'll do it.

Do not compare Cweb to Melo! Webber was a shell of his former shelf and is not a star anymore. I think this tandom will work! Melo does not mind being the second scoring option, he has said that. And AI will work well with Karl imo, after all AI and LB are actually close now. By by Philly! It was a great 10 years at times that I rooted for you, but hello to Denver, new fan on board!!! :D

Draven

And no one seems to notice that they'll have Kenyon Martin back next year. Could you imagine a team like that?

C Marcus Camby

PF Kenyon Martin

SF Carmelo Anthony

SG J.R. Smith

PG Allen Iverson

That's quite a line up. That could be an all star line up, if everyone were healthy.

iverson is a very good player but throughout his career he has been #1 on the team. i don't think this will work at all. melo has been playing great and was quietly becoming ones of the new faces of the nba till he acted like a coward when he punched the knick player and ran away like a little b*tch, what an f'n coward!

• 2 weeks later...

Melo a coward? Please. That whole thug of a Knick team are the ones to blame for that ugly mess, esp your punk of a coach. Typical myopic NY fan. :rolleyes:

I have my doubts about whether AI and Melo can coexist, but it was worth the risk to make the trade. I can't wait to see them both on the court.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply, but being an old time Nuggets fan, I figured I'd share my thoughts. I was a little skeptical of Denver aquiring A-I, I've never liked the guy, regardless of how good he is. Although with him playing alongside Carmelo, I'm sure it will be a hell of a duo on the court. I just hope A-I will stick with the team(especially our coach) through thick and thin, hopefully he's not just a quick fix.

'Melo's suspension is over, which means AI and 'Melo team up for the first time tonight.

Well, this will be something to see, I'll certainly be checking this out.