He is finally mine, and at retail !!

robb

100_1018.jpg

Grrr lucky you. It seems everywhere I go finding any Ice-Man variant is impossible. Only just recently was I able to score a single Ultimate Ice-Man variant and I felt happy for at least finding ONE Ice-man variant. Mind you I work retail. We never got a single box in of Wave 3. Actually when we should have got a box of Wave 3 in (around the time Wave 3 was shipping and somewhat showing up), we got a box of wave 1. Grrrreaat. Also I usually hunt anywhere between daily to weekly. I practically have given up hopes on ever finding the Bobby variant. And the price I have paid in gas searching for a single figure have far outweighed the prices he goes for on ebay. All the people with a Bobby variant for trade on the trade boards have already traded them away. I think for once, I'm actually going to have to give into scalperscum prices on ebay. A first for me.

Nice find though. I congratulate you, on what I dub the most hardest variant to find in retail. The problem is, when they get shipped. Or lack of shipping. Mind you this is a "when they get shipped" as most places still have Wave 1 fodder on the shelves. But when they do get shipped Avalanche and Rogue get sold within a day. Then everything else warms the pegs along with leftover Wave 1 fodder. Especially Ultimate Sabertooth and Beast. Non variant Ice-Man is warming pretty heavily too.

:P

Open it up.

I was lucky enough to be able to get one in a trade (All I had to trade was a Psylocke and Longshot) and the first thing I did when I got it was rip the sucker out of the box!

I sort of hate that these variants exist. Especially the Ultimate version since it's sort of a different character. Still can't wrap my brain around why Toybiz waiting until the third wave to put out good figures. I've seen numerous restocks at stores other than TRU but all have been wave 1.

Congrats on your find though.

i found him at Target, after two cases of ones with short hair rogue. I do plan on opening him up as soon as I get some more room to display him and several others. Mt display cases are pretty full. I check the stores every day and most of the time nothing but once and awhile as was stated you get lucky. I hope that alot more of you are able to snag him. I will look out for any extras.

ugh the last fig i need

So today I made one final last ditch effort. I went into a local TRU. Low and behold I see a bunch of Wave 3 figures on the shelves. Wait a minute I think. These were not here last week. Woo they got stocked! Could this be it? I look, I see a Ice-man.... second Ice-man...no third Ice-man? OH NO. Everything is here but a single Ice-man. That had to be the variant. So I look up in the storage tray above and see Ice-Mans sled. I grab it down, and my heart races...what do I find.....YES YES YES!!! Another regular Ice-Man. Sigh. Sigh. I need a cup of coffee and some chocolates :P