Anyone pick up the Hot Topic exclusive?

Ren

Mine is waiting at home, the wife tells me. :D

The next one to be up is rumored to be the Air Adventurer and he will be available at Urban Outfitters. Lanny has said the January issue of the Club Newsletter will have some info on what is next. Cannot wait!! The Club figures are dead on with the flocking and all, but these are great fun figures for play and got to love the Kung Fu Grip!!

Michael

Bulletman Big B

All Hail DOB!!!

That is it, an orange jumpsuit, shoulder holster and lebel revolver (hard hands version) or black hunting rifle(Kung Fu Grip version), short black boots, AT dogtag, blond hair and beard. Skyblue box with great graphics.

And someone else on the sandbox joked where would the Sea Adventurer endup, and some one said maybe Target, Lanny just said "ummm..." and then "well...." So maybe, just maybe 12" Joe will be making a big comback next year! YES!!!! GO Adventure Team!!!

Michael

Bulletman Big B

All Hail DOB!!!

Well there is zero Joe stuff at Retail at any of the Brick and Mortars right now, and most of the other lines at least have some peg warmers about.

Perhaps retail has seen that Joe (in any of it's forms) sells.

I'd like the rifle. For the longest time, it was the only weapon my entire 12 in collection had that was Joe. Everything else was Johnny West.

That is it, an orange jumpsuit, shoulder holster and lebel revolver (hard hands version) or black hunting rifle(Kung Fu Grip version), short black boots, AT dogtag, blond hair and beard. Skyblue box with great graphics.

And someone else on the sandbox joked where would the Sea Adventurer endup, and some one said maybe Target, Lanny just said "ummm..." and then "well...." So maybe, just maybe 12" Joe will be making a big comback next year! YES!!!! GO Adventure Team!!!

Michael

Bulletman Big B

All Hail DOB!!!

Where is the Sandbox now?

The Sandbox is the newsgroup alt.toys.gi-joe

Lanny post there often. He drops hints for us like that if we ask the right question. He did the same thing with the Hot Topic figure when that was just a rumor. It is mostly 12" collectors, but we talk and collect alot other things. Stop on by!!

Michael

Bulletman Big B

All Hail DOB!!!

The Sandbox is the newsgroup alt.toys.gi-joe

Lanny post there often. He drops hints for us like that if we ask the right question. He did the same thing with the Hot Topic figure when that was just a rumor. It is mostly 12" collectors, but we talk and collect alot other things. Stop on by!!

Michael

Bulletman Big B

All Hail DOB!!!

I used to visit the Sandbox often until AOL stopped carrying newsgroups. I don't use AOL anymore, but I figured that the newsgroups were all gone and had gone the route of forums instead. I'll have to check the 'ol Box out again!

Well there is zero Joe stuff at Retail at any of the Brick and Mortars right now, and most of the other lines at least have some peg warmers about.

Perhaps retail has seen that Joe (in any of it's forms) sells.

Christmas time has been the sales period that GIJOE product has traditionally sold best at.

Unfortunately, Hasbro has observed over the past decade that its pretty much the ONLY time when GIJOE really sells well. Its why Sigma Six came about--an attempt to see if they could incite some excitment in the brand beyond the seasonal interest--and its also why scales like 3 3/4" and 12" have taken a back seat for the time being.