Marvel Heroes Series 1 Pics

spy0070

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall, I like them. I hope they're cheap (inexpensive).

(Ultimate) Captain America - Practically a reissue. Looks like they painted the gauntlets, boots & belt blackish and everything else looks exactly the same. If I weren't into the other three, I would probably pass him up, but hey, might as well get the whole set right?

(Ultimate) Magneto - It's too bad they used this old body but, I gotta admit that I'm impressed at how they converted this mold to Ultimate Mags with the paint app alone.

(Ultimate) Cyclops - As mentioned above but here, wow, they did a great job converting the Jim Lee Cyclops mold into an Ultimate Cyclops with only the paint app. I actually dig this figure quite a bit.

(Astonishing) Wolverine - Probably my favorite in this series / wave. In a sick sad way, I have to say, It's about time they reused this body. Again, with the paint app, they did a great job of converting him to Astonishing Wolverine.

So begins the great Hasbro re-hash. We're getting it in Spider-Man Origins and in Marvel Heroes. Please Hasbro don't go overboard, sure, right now we're saying "actually I like these!" But this time next year or in two years it may be more like "I'm so sick of Hasbro giving us the same crap with different paint! (Transformers guys, you know what I'm talkin about) Make a new mold!!"

P.S. Hasbro, DON'T change the scale to 5" it will be the death of this line.

• 3 weeks later...

One huge problem with changing scale is that they don't even seem to want to stay consistent with THAT. The Spidey stuff Hasbro has been putting out recently with that Namor etc. is a mix of the old five-inch stuff and the OLD six-inch stuff, and ML is actually NOT six-inch but a little over on the average.

So you basically have 3 scales over 2 lines plus then there's the SMC/SMO stuff that is in seven-inch scale.

Even so, I will buy the Wolverine, Magneto and possibly Cap from this line. Cyc doesn't do much for me with his tiny frame.

Ryno, thanks for the great pics ^_^

One huge problem with changing scale is that they don't even seem to want to stay consistent with THAT. The Spidey stuff Hasbro has been putting out recently with that Namor etc. is a mix of the old five-inch stuff and the OLD six-inch stuff, and ML is actually NOT six-inch but a little over on the average.

So you basically have 3 scales over 2 lines plus then there's the SMC/SMO stuff that is in seven-inch scale.

Even so, I will buy the Wolverine, Magneto and possibly Cap from this line. Cyc doesn't do much for me with his tiny frame.

Ryno, thanks for the great pics ^_^

Also, the Hasbro ML wave seems smaller since Bulleyes, who is probably the standard height of the tb series, is larger than the average Hsabro ml figs. Someone posted a scale height on a thread here.

I like. But I dont have much use for Wolverine. The Cyclops and the Mags are interesting me the most though. Especially the Cyclops (with a bit of resculpting I think he'd look much better).

As for Cap Im not too sure. I never owned the previous versions of this one and Im not too sure what the differences are in them.

Yet another example of someone blaming Hasbro for something they didn't do. That was all toybiz.

I'd like that Captain America, since the Ultimate one is the one I missed out on.

I like the Magneto well enough, and I've missed all the others. I know it's comic-accurate, but I don't like that he goes gloveless. I guess it's a small complaint and I'll get it anyway.

I already have a Cyclops, and that's enough. And like everyone else, as much as I love him, I'm already up to my ears in Wolverines. I have 3 not on display for crying out loud, rotting in a box.

Also, the Hasbro ML wave seems smaller since Bulleyes, who is probably the standard height of the tb series, is larger than the average Hsabro ml figs. Someone posted a scale height on a thread here.

Thanks for the info, and also, good point ^_^

Bullseye is about 6" even, and I forget how tall he's supposed to be in the comics. He seems to be one of the better examples to fit in with the 1/12 scale though. Green Goblin is tiny compared to even BE. Which looks weird next to all the other Hobs and Gobs they made.

Yet another example of someone blaming Hasbro for something they didn't do. That was all toybiz.

Actually, I should have clarified. I was not blaming Hasbro over TB at all. If you look at my original post I sort of indicted both companies by way of saying "ML is actually NOT six-inch" meaning that TB could not even stay consistent within their own claims, which was that ML was a 1/12 scale.