Marvel Heroes Series 1 Pics

spy0070

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW nice re-use on Mags, Wolvie and Cyke, as for cap I’ll pass the other 3 I definitely get.

Shame that they didn’t retool Sykes chest so the straps were Horizontal like his ultimate costume.. that and they should have re done the hair and some chin fuzz..

WOW! Really liking that Wolverine for some reason. he may replace my brown one for being my favorite. That Cyclops looks great too, great repaint. Magneto looks really cool in that Ultimate costume, and even though I don't read the comic I'll still get it. I didn't like the Series 8 Cap though, so I think I'll pass on this one too.

Nuff Said

I like them.. if they are 6 inchers, I will pick them all up. I don't see the point of shrinking them to 5 inchers, so I don't think Hasbro will.

that Wolverine looks like the best one yet.

I do wish that they had used a different body for Cyke

They ARE 6 inchers....they're just straight repaints of existing figures. I believe the 5 inch scale comes intop play after the first couple waves when they're not doing straight repaints.

Astonishing wolvie using the bown wolvie body, nice.

I actually love them.

I always thought this is how Cyclops's costume should look like in Ultimate. I was never of a fan of the yellow combat boots, and the black boots with the yellow trim look great.

They should release a Collosus, and repaint him in black and yellow like they did with Cyclops.

I love the Wolverine, and I also like Captain America.

I think the Ulitmate Magneto is a nice Homage.

I think Hasbro said these would be aimed more for the kids, but I will definately pick up a set.

And yes, since these are just repaints, they are in the 6" scale.

Yes, these figures look amazing.

Since they're 6 inches, I'll pick up a Magneto because he looks sooo good.

Anymore info on this line though. Marvel Heroes? Somewhat like Marvel Legends?

Marvel Heroes is the kid centric alternative to Marvel Legends. Figures will feature more gimmicks and "heavy hitter" orientation rather than the more obscure collector driven nature of Marvel Legends. The idea (as I've heard it) is to reduce the presence of "core characters" (Iron Man, Hulk, Wolverine, Cap, etc) in Marvel Legends yet still keep the characters available to kids (because they DO sell).

Plus, at 5", it cuts some costs in the future AND offers a line that is cheaper than ML, but also a distinctly seperate line

According to Hasbro, the first few waves will be reuses and will eventually rescale to 5" once they begin making new molds. First wave was to be X-Men (which it is, minus Captain America), while the second was to be Hulk and Avenger focused.

I'm very happy to see Ice man pulled from the line up (though it does seem odd to have Cap in a wave of X-Men), as I missed that cap and am glad at the second chance. Hopefully the next wave will have the Modern Iron Man from the same ML series as Cap