GI Joe Collections

DPrime

This next shot illustrates not only do I go after uncut file cards because of the awesome artwork, but I now collect packaging that has been opened and had the bubble still attached. I try and maintain as much of the original integrity as possible. It's sick, I know, but I accept it and mire myself deep in toy collecting. :)

000_0188.jpg

000_0190.jpg

More to come!

Thanks for the kind words you guys, here's some more pics!

000_0209-1.jpg

000_0196.jpg

Now this next shot is a comparison pic between GI Joe and Cops N Crooks, which was produced by Hasbro back in 1988 and 1989(I think). For some reason lately I've wanted to display toys made from the same company together(i.e.- Visionaries and GI Joe, or Transformers, Battle Beasts, and the Inhumanoids). So this picture features SAW Viper along with Buttons McBoomboom, a cyborg gangster from the future who had twin machine guns housed within his chest. Always a cool concept imo. Sorry for the blurry pic btw.

000_0197.jpg

Here's some '86 figures all posed together, which for some is their favorite year. I think mine is still 1985, that's the year I really got into GI Joe as a kid. Next are the mail away exclusive figures: Super Trooper, William 'The Fridge' Perry, and Sgt Slaughter! Last of this bunch are some 1987 movie figures runnin' around the Defiant. If you look closely, you may see Hardtop sitting through the yellow window.

000_0201.jpg

000_0199.jpg

000_0203.jpg

The Defiant! I've had this since childhood, I got it for Christmas one year. It's been in my parent's basement for years and needs a good cleaning as well as replacing a few broken pieces. It still rocks the $h!t though!

000_0206.jpg

000_0208.jpg

000_0207.jpg

Nice collection, I've been neglecting my vintage figs and vehicles because of the damn 25th figs taking priority, seeing this stuff make the new figs seem like a waste of time, I need to see Alpine hanging from that ceiling pipe!! I'm so cramped for space, I have to display my Terrordrome on top of it's box!

Cool set up Jay. Did you build them shelves yourself?

Nah, im not that talented. They were bought several years ago for some other purpose and decided they ould be better suited for displaying action figures.

Joe & Jay excellent collection set-ups!

Joe: Love your set-ups tying in the vehicles, great recreation of issue #47, I've always really liked that cover.

Allright! That's it!!!! I am sick of having my toyroom (nerdroom) in a perpetual mess. I lived in this house for almost a year, lets see how long it takes me to get it looking respectable!

I realize there's lots of non-Joe stuff, but I do the vast majority of my posting here so why not?

FlyingFigg's toyroom as of 11/16/08:

SA400277.jpg

SA400278.jpg

SA400279-1.jpg

SA400280-2.jpg