GI Joe Collections

DPrime

your welcome PhoenixSword, for most cheap alls name Shirlanka..

Yeah, i am too having 25 aniversarie figures, but the buy alls except General Hawk, the GI joe clasic is very betters!

004-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
S5000397.jpg

Tell me all about this Serpentor!!!

What is he made from and how can I get one?

Sorry, I hadn't been checking the boards as much lately or I would have replied sooner. The lovely Serpentor custom is actually a product of our very own Cobra Command here on the boards. He had made the custom some years ago, and I was able to aquire it in a trade from him, along with the BAT on the far left of the picture. I don't know if he has others he has made. It is a wonderful custom, but there is so much modded on it, that I couldn't begin to tell you the parts used for it. I do believe he has an original post on these boards that breaks it down, but that was some time ago. Wish I could help more.

• 1 month later...

Cobra:

Cobras1.jpg

Cobras2.jpg

And some of my latest hauls:

NewStuff-Nov091.jpg

The Manta and LCV I've had for a long time now, but I only just got around to building them (they were in the baggies still) this week. I love that Manta - it's definitely a "hidden gem" in the original line.

Bellomo's second edition I waited for until my birthday - I had a feeling the gf was going to give me this, among other presents. Yeah, she's good to me and puts up with Joe collecting!

Check out my new Estrela Cobra Invasor! (Still need an original Uzi though, so if anyone can help, please let me know, I will pay well!)

NewStuff-Nov092.jpg

Like I said, it's still in progress and I'm waiting on getting some of those Apex shelves from Smalljoes to display my international guys. Also, there's tons more that I haven't quite figured out how to display yet, and probably a lot of that will have to stay stored until we get a bigger house down the road.

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus Christ. I was looking through these and decided I will not return to collector status. I think I'll just buy a few here and there. ASW has way too many figures. How do you keep your kids from playing with them and how does your wife feel about it? I think I'll stick to making G.I. Joes on video games...

Jesus Christ. I was looking through these and decided I will not return to collector status. I think I'll just buy a few here and there. ASW has way too many figures. How do you keep your kids from playing with them and how does your wife feel about it? I think I'll stick to making G.I. Joes on video games...

A collection isn't measured by size, its measured by enjoyment. If you have fun with just one or two figures, or one or two thousand figures, its all good. Go with what works for you and forget about what others do.

Still, it can be inspiring (or intimidating) to see what levels others take it to.

• Like 1

Because Viper Hunter lives too vicariously (he says) and asked for some photos to tempt him to take his City Strike Snake-Eyes out of the package......well, here's a couple of reposted pics:

snake-eyes1.jpg

snake-eyes2.jpg

The moral of the story: OPEN UP YER DANG TOYS.....and discover the joy of posing them in cool ways.

Cool pics Arrow!

No kids, no real concrete plans to have them either. We'll see... At this point, I'm more concerned with how I'll keep the dog away from them, when we get a dog that is.

My commonlaw girlfriend doesn't really "appreciate" the GI Joe collection as I do, that's for sure. But it's my hobby, she doesn't have to like it. Sometimes she gives me crap about it, but then I remind her that if there's really just ONE big thing about me that bothers her, then we're far ahead of other couples in terms of how our relationship is going.

Getting the Flagg though... that's gonna be a tricky one. But right now she doesn't mind me having my "office", so when we move to a bigger house, that may be a possibility. Thank God she doesn't know how much a PDD is worth...

• 3 months later...

Wow.

Even though I have a lot of the same stuff (even some of the rare/international pieces), I would be ashamed to post my collection here.

You guys are far more dedicated than I.

I too bow to your greatness! @notworthy@

(P.S.: That TF H&R has always eluded me! Still need a helmet for my TF Blizzard)

Come on guys, more pics! :)

In other news, I finally added a (mint) Cobra de Aco to my collection! Updated pics to come soon (once I clear off that desk - it gets pretty cluttered easily as new stuff comes in!)...

• 2 weeks later...

Updated my international shelf and Sideshow stuff:

(Oh yeah, the APEX shelves didn't work out so well... I only ended up receiving one instead of the two I ordered, and it was packed so tightly that the stand part in the back had snapped off during transit! Smalljoes was pretty cool about everything and refunded me - I'd like to pick these up in person, hopefully at a con in the future. Should have done so last year, oh well...)

International.jpg

SideshowCobras-1.jpg

CCCThrone.jpg

Wow, DPrime. I love the presentation of your collection. I'm a neat freak, so the clean, organized look appeals to me. :)

All of your stuff looks extremely mint. Did all of the vehicles come in that condition, or did you clean them up and put repro stickers on them?

I'm also loving the MOTU Classics stuff, but I don't know if I love them enough to pay after-market ebay prices to get them all. @lol@ Wish I would've been more in the know about that line when the figures were first being released.

Wow, DPrime. I love the presentation of your collection. I'm a neat freak, so the clean, organized look appeals to me. :)

All of your stuff looks extremely mint. Did all of the vehicles come in that condition, or did you clean them up and put repro stickers on them?

I'm also loving the MOTU Classics stuff, but I don't know if I love them enough to pay after-market ebay prices to get them all. @lol@ Wish I would've been more in the know about that line when the figures were first being released.

Thanks man.

Yeah, they came that way. I only buy vehicles with unapplied stickers, so there's no marks or anything like that. It's pretty hard to find stuff in that condition, so I have opened MIB items too. I use Ruben's decals as even when the originals have been left on the sheet, they get sticky and gross - I guess they weren't made to last.

Yeah, I'd hate to have to go back and buy the MOTUC stuff now, but you can still get most of them at near original prices. I would recommend them to anyone - they're great!