GI Joe Collections

DPrime

Some recent additions.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2112/228395...48227fe.jpg?v=0

C'mon, people, post up pics of your collections. I know you got em!

I moved into a new house in July '07 (first home I'm actually buying!), and I haven't got around to setting up my stuff yet. Hopefully, within the next few weeks I'm gonna start repainting the walls in my new toy room, and then start getting some stuff up. I'll post new pics as soon as I do. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working on a new toy room. My old one was more like a toy closet. I got a heck of a lot more space. I haven't got anything moved in there yet but I'm cleaning it up and putting up shelves. When it is finished I'll be sure to post some new pics.

Sweet collection Pit Viper....just wondering what the following were called:

GIJoestuff.jpg

the playset on the left in the picture is the Terror Drome (1986). The one on the right looks like a non-joe custom dio.

I just now saw this. The one on the right is one of those (I think) Elite Force WWII playsets they sold at Toys R Us. It's a bombed out house.

• 3 weeks later...

What about this one? (brick building behind/beside the MOBAT) :

100_1542.jpg

Is this also an Elite Forces set? I'm going to take a wild guess and say that TRU doesn't offer these anymore, do they? I would love to have both of these.

(I also wish I had the room to show off some of my stuff like some of you guys :rolleyes: )

SHIZZ-ZOT!, blackdragon! Where do you have the room for all those vehicles?! I only (well, mostly) do figures and I don't have that kind of room, dude!! :D

Very nice stuff, everybody.

Updates:

Joe Shelf: http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj138/F.../Picture035.jpg

Cobra Characters Shelf: http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj138/F.../Picture036.jpg

Close up of 'Fred / Cobra Comander imposter' custom: http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj138/F.../Picture037.jpg

More to come soon (i hope)

Well, here's some pics of my new toy room.

It's still a WIP. I've been working at it slowly. Between painting, and setting everything up the way I want it (I'm a perfectionist of sorts...I move stuff around about 10 times before I get it the way I want it), I'm slowly getting there. :D

Here's my 25th collection, and my spoiled dog:

DSC00859.jpg

The other side of the door...my vintage collection, backed by the 25th comic packs and 5-packs:

DSC00860.jpg

More close-ups of my vintage collection:

DSC00867.jpg

DSC00868.jpg

Here's a wall of my ML MOC stuff...alot of this is gonna change as I just won a lot of 40 Toybiz MOC ML's on ebay:

DSC00870.jpg

My loose ML wall (the GI Joe vehicles are placeholders to keep the dumb cat off the ledge so she doesn't get up there and knock stuff over :D )...still have quite a few more figures to set up...most of this is gonna be my Spiderman collection:

DSC00871.jpg

Further up the loose ML wall:

DSC00872.jpg

DSC00874.jpg

DSC00873.jpg

The wall that's gonna be the home for my Star Wars stuff:

DSC00869.jpg

I'll post more pics once I get it finished.

I've been working on it for about a month or so now, so it could be another 2 months before I get it the way I want it. @lol@

• 2 weeks later...
Nice stuff. I need vehicles...

As soon as I can figure out how to get my cell phone pictures to my computer, you can see what it looks like, but you can use ordinary toys to soup up the lack of vehicles for our new 25th Joes. For instance, I got this idea from one of the galleries on yojoe.com - I have my Dreadnoks and Zartan riding 1:18 scale OCC choppers. It looks SO cool with the Black Widow, Comanche, and Paul Sr. custom rigid, I could hardly expect Hasbro to compete! You could also use Maisto or Hot Wheels bikes found at Walmart - hella cheaper than OCC, but nowhere near as cool.

Another thing I saw was someone who took an Elite Forces A-10 Thunderbolt from TRU and re-painted it to look even better than the original Rattler.

I'll get those pictures up here somehow so you can see what I mean. (Zartan is BADASS on the Black Widow!)

• 1 month later...
HEY GUYS, HERE IS PART OF MY COBRA ARMY

I UNDER ESTIMATED ABOUT THE ACTUAL SIZE OF THIS TABLE AND HAD TO LEAVE OUT OVER 200 SOLIDERS----IT SUX BECAUSE SIZE MATTERS!!!!!!

LOL

ENJOY!!!

470 COBRA SOLIDERS

DOC

Very nice...

I like the motorcycles for the Dreadnoks - where'd you get them?

They are all over the place - Walmart, Target, TrU - any toy store, really. Just look for 1:18 scale diecast motorcycles. There's a variety to choose from, at different pricing levels, depending on how good you want them. The ones I find most economical are made by Maisto (check their website for good reference pics). They run about $3-4 each. There's also Hot Wheels, Fast Ride (TrU brand), and my personal fave, though real high-end pricy - OCC show replicas. Maisto also makes a Harley Davidson line, which I like, but a little more than regular ($5-6 each).

The only thing is you might want to consider the 'flexibility' of the figures - they will 'ride' most regular models, but I had to really work with them to look normal on the OCC bikes, as they are longer, and require more in the way of abdominal flexibility than the figures can give, without surgery.

Nice collection and welcome to TNI, Screamers!

• 3 weeks later...

Here's some more close-ups of my collection.

I've added a few more 25th items since the last pics:

DSC00977.jpg

DSC00978.jpg

DSC00979.jpg

DSC00980.jpg

DSC00981.jpg

My 25th Collection:

251.JPG

Up top - Figures w/ no home & Mechs

252.JPG

Crimson Guard & New Age Cobra Leadership

253.JPG

Original Joes (Missing Grunt & The VAMP & RAM will go here.)

254.JPG

Night Attack! (Storm Shadow & Firefly from the comick pack will go here.)

255.JPG

Big Z's garage, New Jersy