Funny story about finding 5 sets of Wave 15 Variants

Guest merz

So I went to Toys R Us again on a whim at like 8pm tonight. It was madness in there. I went with my friend just to look around. Low and behold we see 9, yes 9 full cases of Wave 15 on the top. Two stacks of 4 high, and a lonely one with a Wave 1 Face-Off Case on top too. My friend (who is crazy) literally just to see what they have, carefully tries to pulls the cases of the very high risers standing on his tippie toes and tries to balance them and bring them down carefully. Clearly a fail safe plan! Well all 4 cases fall, then he brings down the other 4 cases, and brings down the last case. These legends inside fall EVERYWHERE. Literally Legends go flying all over the floor. The thunderous boom as the boxes hit the floor was astounding even over the hustle and bustle of all the madness insides. Guests and kids are looking at him like he's crazy or laughing. He made sure of course that no one was in the isle, for safety reasons. We expected to get kicked out on the spot, so I kinda walk away. Pretending not to know him. Obviously no one heard (associate wise) or cared as a few Toys R Us associates managed to see us pillaging through boxes and went about there business. So we pillage through the cases and find 5 full sets of variants out of 9 cases. I put all the variants out, finally bought some to open. And neatly put the rest back in the box and walked away. I felt bad for leaving like 9 cases on the floor, I mean I've worked retail during the holidays. It ain't pretty. But seriously compared to how the rest of the store looked 9 neatly filled cases in a isle is probally the least of there worries. It would have been nice to have not been strapped for cash, and bought all the sets and hook people up.

It has to be a ) the holidays or b ) this Toys R Us ordered like crazy. I went to another Toys R Us earlier this morning and they had NOTHING. Even so 5 out of 9 is pretty good.

you should have picked up a few extra to help out some fellow board members. I would have for sure bought a spiderwoman, and destroyer for gifts.

hell yea what jj said lOL! & don't worry about leaving em on the floor if anyother other scalpollecters in you're area would thank you for it :P Since its the newest wave + variants odds are they are allready gone :D + crazy parents and others out shoping :D

YEa seriously, if I ever hit a jackpot like that, I'd cop all and give to fellow boardies/collectors because it's better to have them in the hands of the true collectors than scalpers! Wow! I barely found my first few today and the series has been out for like what, two months? I'm still short, missing Destroyer and silver Moon Knight. I got lucky w/ the red Wasp, black SPiderwoman, and Genis!!!

Sorry guys. If it wasn't the holidays I'd be more willing to go out of my way to pick them all up. However I have no cash, and both my Credit Cards are almost to the there limit. :(