Who are you?

Toiletmonkey1

Who am I, I'm someone who has a real problem relaxing. If I'm not constantly busy with a project then I just go crazy and can't relax or sleep. It's always been that way.

So I'm a musician

Violentfix

I'm a producer of local bands

protoolsroom.jpg

I'm a Regional manager for a nationwide Retail organization

(I'd rather not bore you with a pic or link for this one)

I'm a Chef at a reasturant named "THOR" in NYC

The Hotel on Rivington

I'm the webmaster of Cobra: The Inner Sanctum

Cobra: The Inner Sanctum

I'm the creator of the Tri-State Vipers (Vipers RULE!!!)

The Tri-State Vipers

I'm a Dio-story author

Violentfix: Dio-stories

'But more than anything, I'm a Dad

atthezoo2c.gif

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not done this thread before--time to chime in.

My name is Ken.

I'm 45 years old, as of yesterday, and have been collecting for about 22 years now.

I currently live in a very rural community in the British Columbia Interior( the Cariboo!), and I work as a professional cartoonist.

My career goes back some 22 years, and I've done everything from animation, to comic strips, book illustration, drawing on T-shirts for a pimp ( long story that one....) to doing storyboards for TV cartoons.

I've assisted Todd McFarlane, worked on Ren & Stimpy, Baby Huey, Action Man, Freakazoid, Disney stuff--over 100 shows now to my credit list, basically a little bit of everything. I've taught the craft too, to adult age students, and even founded what was then Canada's very first fully accredited 3 year comicbook illustration program at a college in Saskatchewan. Dang thing only lasted a year, but................heck.......its another long story.....

I've a wife, 3 step-kids, two dogs, two cats, two fish and two horses---we get anymore critters and I start building the damn ark!

I started my toy-collecting by walking into New Westminster's famed Talking Illustrations comic book shop and spying a 1/43 scale die-cast Corgi Batmobile for $25--just like I had as a kid. Bought the damn thing like it was the last one on Earth.

Couple months later, I found a lovely vintage 12" black-painted hair GIJOE in a black Turtleneck sweater, and pants, with some LACED-up rubber boots, for the same price--$25 at a New West toy show. Soon after, a local toy store I haunted brought in some early 80's 12" Action Man SAS sets, and I was hooked like a fish. Been gonzo over this hobby ever since, and have "pushed" it on impressionable colleagues and friends over the years. I love bringing fresh meat into the fold. My love for the hobby comes from childhood, where action figures were my toy of choice.

I've had a life-long fascination with intricate details, so my child-hood loves dove-tailed into model-making as a teen and early adult, and then fully unabashed toy collecting.

I wavers between interests in things military, science fiction, fantasy, science fact, UFOS, Kaiju ( man in suit!!!), Star Trek, comics, but the one constant in my life has been superheroes. Ever since I gazed eyes on the 60's Batman TV series, with the derring-do of Adam West and Burt Ward--I've been a diehard superhero zombie. Add Hanna-Barbera's superhero cartoons and I've been a hopelss superhero addict ever since.

I've collected pretty much all the major action figure lines from the last 40 years or so, at one time or another--with the exceptions of stuff like Power Rangers or Wrestling toys. I do not own all of those things still though--because that adds up to a LOT of stuff.

My current interests lie with superhero themed toys, like Marvel Legends or Mattel DC Superheroes. I still collect GIJOES but I dabble in both scales now.

My handle comes from a two-pronged source: One being a reference to Canada's infamous CF-105 AVRO Arrow jet interceptor from the late 1950s, and a Canadian superhero character I created bearing the same name. The Arrow was my on-line persona, as a "goofy superhero"-type on Alt.toys.gi-joe usenet newsgroup when I post there.

This is what I look like--no, seriously....

Kenny.jpg

I've not done this thread before--time to chime in.

This is what I look like--no, seriously....

Kenny.jpg

I love that caricature! Haven't seen it since the days of ADC I don't think.

Gotta tell ya though, Ken.....you look a heck of a lot like the comedian Paul F. Tompkins...

paultompkinsje5.png

at least going by your illustration above, that is. Do you or your wife see any likeness in person, enough to think.....hmmm, yeah, I can see it? :D

• 4 weeks later...
Gotta tell ya though, Ken.....you look a heck of a lot like the comedian Paul F. Tompkins...

Except for sharing a similar head shape, nope.........no resemblance.

Think one part Cary Grant, one part Fred Flintstone, and the rest of the parts Creature from the Black Lagoon.

There's probably many clones, dopplegangers and assorted modfied simalcrums of me all over the the planet, but Tompkins is not one of them.

I know I'm not the busiest poster here but I figured I'd contribute to this thread a little. My name is Steve, and I'm 23. I'm a sophomore in college with a major in History (I want to specilize in French history and World War II). I've collected GI Joes since the late-80s. I'm mostly into the toys but lately I've been reading more of the comics, etc. I armybuild part-time these days and I love it. My highest count for any troop is around 70 Crimson Guards, of different types. Besides Joes and History, I'm a pro wrestling historian and currently trying to learn more about Joshi (Japanese women's wrestling). I also like to weightlift and play videogames in my free-time.

Here's my lovely wife Emily. She's the best person in the world, as far as I'm concerned. We've been married 10 months and it's all been wonderful. My sheltie, Bruno is in the pic as well, who we got 10 months ago!

P1010074.jpg

Here's me in some pics I took. It's the best pic I could find of me.

P1010009.jpg

Check out my myspace for pics of my old Crimson Guard set-up and more pics of me, etc. Feel free to add me if you'd like to.

• 2 weeks later...

I like this thread..... Well guys my name is Peter... I go by evopete (I Drive Mitsubishi EVO VIII).... Cars have always been my things even before I could drive... I always thought driving was cool and it was cooler to look good in them too..... I am Production Operatons Supervisor at Directv in Los Angeles CA, (No I cant hook up free DTV :) ) Well I want to say am a novice collector....heck i had no idea I was even a toy collecter until recent.... A few years back I bought the Jhonny Lightining James Bond Cars and almost have the whole set except for car 1 of the 2001 collection, and thought nothing of it and moved on....then I stareted to buy JL cars that were my first Car a 1969 mercury Cougar...then that was it....then I went Crazy over Tomy bit Char-G and got almost the entire collection......and then stopped, thinking it was just a fad and I had some extra cash to spend with no woman at the time.....then it would be a local Movie Car here and there (back to the Future Ghost busters, A-team etc) ....and still I thought I was Crazy for even buying toys and then just puting them away.....now.....FastFoward 4-5 years later and I almost have the entire TF Movie set, as my entire Dinning room was taken over with TF toys, I realized I may be a collector after all........in looking for them and soon learning the ways of Toy hunting, I realized scalpers, hunters and plain old inocent Children, were swooping the hard to find ones...and my hopes and MOTIVATION were begining to die, until, I went to Kmart this past weekend and found the very last Storm Shadow GI joe 25th aniversery, and as all others have posted, my Nostalgic juices took over and I fell in LOVE all over again...even more than the TF line I have already collected and I only have one Joe in hand......You see as a kid, I only had a few real joes and they were give aways from other kids, as my parents did not have the cash to get me Joes for fun, I got the Swapmeet specials, I had to play with other kids joes, but now that i am older live a good life and more importantly.... have my new 3month old healthy son to hopefully share my Joes and TF with.....I hope I can make friends with all of you.. I am very new to accepting that I am a collector of toys, but even more new to collecting Joes and how to play with them and or what to do with them as a 28 year old dad.... here are pics of my family and I at the Kwik-e mart in Venice CA....

DSC_8274.jpg

DSC_8278.jpg

DSC_8275.jpg

• 2 months later...

For those who don't know already..Chazz is my real name. I'm comming straight out of Houston and I'm just now getting back collecting hardore G.I.JOE #US1# When I first joined the boards back in the day when this place was called American Dream Comics aka ADC, I was collecting out of control! I uess I sorta lost intrest when DTC came out and they weren't anything realy in the stores. I collected Sigma Six for awhile..but well..i ran out of freakin room! @lol@ But i'm definitely diggin the 25th figs and i'm all over this line like it's gonna end tomorrow (perish the thought!) I will try to post here as much as possible so ya'll be looking out for me. #US1#

meandrowdy.jpg

l_40c361164d166a755880140d905ba147.jpg

l_36994490dcf343c1ceaaf4b3752a6bfc.jpg

l_d5217ae481c17b6e268078a2b181dd9b.jpg

ive been on here awhile but just never looked at this topic its pretty neat so i guess ill put my info up

my name is cody im 24 ive been collecting for 22 years starting with motu. my 2nd christmas my mom said all i ask for was he-man and skelotor. i got into joes at the are of 4 cause they were cheap and i only got enuff allowence for 1 every 2 weeks. when istarted working thats when i started army building mainly off ebay cause the rah was not being made. ive been flip floping between joes and starwars since 95 and then later marvel legionds now ive decided to stick with joe no more flip floping its to expensive to catch up when you go back to something. i went to collage for political sci. then i got married to the greatest women ever i have 3 kids josh 14,migeul 5,kadence 4 i love them with all my heart. me and my wife use to fight about action fig. but now she deals with it and laughs at me when i lay in the living room floor with my joes and cobra army battleing it out. ive been a member here since 05 just here recently ive been posting alot cause thats one of the only things i can do. because about a month and half ago my foot was crushed by a 10,000 lbs roll of paper so ill be on the boards alot in the next several months untill i go back to work so feel free to PM me if your board i love getting them because i really dont have any thing else to do except custimize,watch movies and surf the web

here is some pics of me and my famliy

me

kody.jpg

my wife

Codysbirthday200747.jpg

my oldest son hes 14 now this was a couple years ago

Joshua4.jpg

and my 2 little ones and their cowbot cowgirl b-day they are allmost exactly a year apart

MiguelandkadenceYeehawparty11.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've mostly been on a separate Transformers board, but since reports of 25th Joe sightings there are limited to non-existent I've come here. Since we have the same problems there with scalpers using our sightings board to snag both TFs and 25ths, I understand the difficulties with new accounts with low post counts. We've resorted to posting sightings and only PM-ing locations to those with established post counts. In an effort to build some board cred here, I'll report local sightings in good faith by PM as well. I'll understand if you regulars still aren't comfortable with reciprocating.

Beyond that, I was a child of the '80s. I was in to most of the shows, including the doofy ones like Bionic Six and Sky Commanders. But of course, Transformers and Joes were the iconic ones for me. Regarding these hobbies, I've an interest in customs and scratch building, although I'm but a humble grasshopper still studying from those more experienced. I've yet to make my own first custom, partly because I'm demanding (anal), partly because I've way too many other distractions and priorities I should be looking at as well.

Outside of the hobbies, I study computer science but have interests in business, investment, economics, politics, and philosophy.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

About me... college student, about to graduate in May with a degree in Photography. Collected Joes in my younger years. I beat the hell out of them, but mostly because I was having a great time. I got turned onto the Marvel comic series, which then led me into other comics after it was cancelled. I recently - like everyone else - got back into Joes with the 25th Anniversary series. So far, I have all of them (except for a few that I just don't want stinking up my collection *coughserpentorcough*), and I'm looking forward to wave 5. I've been a lurker on this board for a while, but used to post sometimes over in the Marvel Legends section.

My name is Jason; I am a JBL regular. A bit taunting from of the people at JoeCon tempted me over to the TNI boards. I collected mostly Joe when I was growing up; I parted with my collection sometime when I was a teenager. I got back into collecting about 3 or 4 years ago slowly (and at times very slowly) building a new collection. I was into Sigma 6 until I ran out of room and Hasbro canned it. I still wish the line was 3 3/4", but I guess the world isn't perfect. I am in over my head in the 25th line. My year usually drags until Fall hits because there are two things that have dictated my life since I was a wee little baby. College football season and waterfowl hunting; my wife and I are LSU season ticket holders going on 6 years this year. I am big into fishing. I pretty much narrowed down my collecting to just Joes and the random SW clone and TF Seeker (stupid highly saught after 2007 con set has eluded me to the this day). I am addicted to college; I have a wife and two dogs... that pretty much sums me up.

DSCN3764.jpg

My name is Jason; I am a JBL regular. A bit taunting from of the people at JoeCon tempted me over to the TNI boards. I collected mostly Joe when I was growing up; I parted with my collection sometime when I was a teenager. I got back into collecting about 3 or 4 years ago slowly (and at times very slowly) building a new collection. I was into Sigma 6 until I ran out of room and Hasbro canned it. I still wish the line was 3 3/4", but I guess the world isn't perfect. I am in over my head in the 25th line. My year usually drags until Fall hits because there are two things that have dictated my life since I was a wee little baby. College football season and waterfowl hunting; my wife and I are LSU season ticket holders going on 6 years this year. I am big into fishing. I pretty much narrowed down my collecting to just Joes and the random SW clone and TF Seeker (stupid highly saught after 2007 con set has eluded me to the this day). I am addicted to college; I have a wife and two dogs... that pretty much sums me up.

Welcome to TNI, Jason!

• 2 weeks later...

well lets see....im a 24yrold male living in Brandon fl. im without a doubt the biggest gijoe fan in Fl. ive got a little under 2500 joes, about 200 vehicles and still counting. im working on becoming a cop. the good ones not the jackasses that pull u over for every little thing and through their weight around. i was born in Porthsmouth VA moved here and been her ever since. one of my closest friends owns a comic shop called READ More comics. and a site readmorecomics.com i run it for him on sundays and i get my gijoe needs there. im loving the new comic move and figs. any q's hit me up on myspace "mr. gijoe to u" or here

Visit My Website

topHeader.jpg

I just want to say hello and hope everyone had a safe and awesome NEW YEAR!! i love action figures and toys i have a very vast collection ranging back to the 70's.I have my own online store in which i distribute some of the best action figures,toys and collectables around by some of best companies to date im still increasing my inventory as well as selling and i hope my stay here which i want to be forever is a joyous one and thank you for allowing me to join.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I'm new to the boards and want to say Hi! my big interest is web 2.0, news, collecting and collectors!

I thought I'd follow suit and plug my website too, as I', working for a new website ... so

Visit my site kollecta!

Its especially good for people with collectible items like gijoe etc. As you can log onto the site and catalogue, share and interact with others based on your shared items. Soon there will be trading functionality so check back frequently!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

My name is Gregory Palaskas, I live in Northeastern P.A., my first memories of action figures goes back to 1981 when I got my first Mego Eagle Force action figure, from their it was GI Joe., Voltron,, M.U.S.C.L.E and so on, I remember my mom getting me a figure line called Mighty Crusaders not the coolest of toys but I liked them and I still have them. While most of my friends where playing with Star Wars I was collecting G.i. Joe and alot of them , man I wish my mom never threw them out........

Anyway...

I lost touch with toys and comics around the time I was 14 only because it did not seem cool in my peers eyes although I still thought all that stuff was great.

After a long mispent youth I got married and had children, all the while though through my late 20's I got really excited every time I got near a toy store so I still had the bug just scared to unleash it. Somewhere around the time I had my first boy I started checking out the toy isles since now I had an excuse and no longer felt awkward getting excited about a few toys at that age(I was like 28).

Anyway.....

I started buying things here and there only when I seen them on clearance so my wife would not complain, things like Hasbro's 12 inch pota line and the sideshow horror figures.

Bout the time I turned 30 I went through a weird phase and went searching for myself so to speak. What I found was a Toy geek with a major action figure obsession lol.

So here I am happily married with 4 kids.

anyway....

Now I sell on my own vintage Toy site, Ebay occasionally , I write blogs about toys, podcast about toys(ToyTalkRadio), I repair and customize toys, study toys and do stop motion animations using toys I call Toymation. One of my dreams is to publish a book on Minimates and to one day own an online & brick and mortar toy store. Also I dream of one day developing and/or starring in a tv show all about toys.

My collection consists of Mego WGSH and Planet of the Apes figures, also any Planet of the Apes items, I still have all my Super Powers and Secret Wars guys and my M.U.S.C.L.E. men, I love minimates and the new Mighty Muggs, I collect Eagle Force,Toy Books,RAH,Star Wars,He Man,Pocket Heroes, and any new stuff I see that I like, of course 25th anniversary figures and alot more. G.I. Joe 1982-1985.

I have stuff all over the house lol the wife hates it but getting used to it , and the boys love it.

I also get into Anime and 80's cartoons and used to play the drums, I do graphic design,web design/development, e marketing in my spare time to keep from eating spaghettios each week.

So now you know and knowing is half the battle....

Me and the kids

l_ee95025b2f07d44af1121e61695faeb6.jpg

Thanks

Greg

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to take the time and say that this is a really great idea to have this thread here. It really makes thing special, and it makes everyone here closer and more like a family, even though I've felt like that since I first started posting here, which has been a while already. December 28th of this year somehow it'll be 5 years. Even though I don't come around here as often I still feel like it's a family enviornment, and that makes me want to come back each time. I'll update my " Who I Am " next tiem I get the chance too. But I just wanted to say God Bless, to all of the members on these boards, not just the gijoe boards, but the whole thing. You've done a great job JayC, you allowed me to grow up here, thanks for makin this a home for me and everyone else as well .

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks! Havent been on in a while, but been an on again off again boarder, so some of the old timers may remember me. Anways here goes!

My real name is Paul Edwards, and ive lived in Florence AL my whole life. At the time Im typing this, Im still 29, and fearing 30 here in a few months. I work for Books a Million as one of thier truck drivers, so if you ever see one of our trucks in the eastern US, wave! It might just be me! Ive been a fan of GI Joe sense it conception. Having the toys as a kid and watching the show religiously, and then later collection the comics and collecting the brand as an adult. I love everything about GI Joe A Real American Hero!!! I cant wait for the movie, regaurdless of whos in it or how the scrip is, its still like a trophy of how great this thing we call GI Joe is! I cant wait. Ive totally loved the new 25th anniversery figs! Ive always been a die hard 3 3/4 fan, and I toughed it out when the line was gone, but now that its back, its better than ever. Ive even taken up army building with some success! Anways, always a blast to read on the boads and post from time to time. Its awesome to get other opionions from the fans, and interact! Ive yet to go to any of the joe conventions, but I regret not being able to go to the one in Atlanta last year, but I was at Dragon Con the week before. Always I good joe showing there as well. Ive been 7 times and counting now. Anyways, thats who I am.

YOE JOE!!!

l_8d474ff390a59ee34d997d133c0d82bb.jpg

Me and Micheal Bailey Smith

l_4899a3a14e945c7739b0358e0a4f9b18.jpg

Dragon Con 2007

Add me on Myspace!!!

• 1 month later...

My name is Jason and I rarely post. I've been collecting GI JOE since 1983. Sorry I don't say much, but I'm just kind of quiet. I'm going to participate a little more than I have been for the past 5 years as my life is a little more settled now. I got married and things seem to be falling in place. I'm really happy with the 25th anniversary line, as I really love the first 4 years of ARAH.

There is a lot to look forward to.

Jason

• 2 months later...

I'm Cyberscream owner of CybertronNews a fan site for you! (Which you can go to by clicking the link near my signature). I collect a lot from Star Wars to Spawn etc. I'm a young collector but have a lot. I like horror movies. @jason@ The thing I'm the biggest fan of is Star Wars but favor Transformers the most. All hail Starscream and G.I.Joe!!! I went to the Syracuse Heroes Expo, any one else? I've been a geek sence I first saw Star Wars episode 4: A New Hope back in 1999 or something like that. @DAD@ My first movie was Toy Story I think. I'm the only geeky collector in my family and every one calls my room a store (I'll post pics as soon as I get a new camera). Yea, thats me. @termibart@

• 2 months later...