Pinned Topics?

JoeRhyno

I thought I'd ask here, anyone have or feel a need for anymore pinned topics? I think the Joes section looks a little funny compared to some of the others, with only 2 pinned topics..

One I was thinking of was a Reviews thread... and if someone reviewed something, they could just post it in there, or post the link.. when that happened, I or another mod could edit the subtitle on what was added, to give the people a heads up.. what do you think? Any other ideas?

Post them here...

Its just that joe for sale/wanted threads seem to just get buried in the ATT so quickly. When there's a sticky it's just easier...besides, who looks in the wanted section?

-saboteur

I have to agree with you on this. I tried posting my Viper Pit sets up there, and they were burried within the hour. I seldom look on there anymore. It would be a lot easier to do solely Joe trading here.

How about a topic with links to peoples collections.... and one to peoples customs.

Yep, a nice pic-heavy "show off your collections" thread would be sweet, I love seeing that stuff.

I was thinking the same thing.

I don't think JayC will allow a Buy/Sell/Trade thread outside of the ATT. We are always moving threads to that forum. If the Joe forum gets one, then all the other forums are gonna want one too.

Probably not, but what about just LINKS to the trade section? I always forget it is there....

I don't think JayC will allow a Buy/Sell/Trade thread outside of the ATT. We are always moving threads to that forum. If the Joe forum gets one, then all the other forums are gonna want one too.

The only 1 I really want is the trade/sale thread. Maybe we could disguise it so people from other forums don't know its a trade/sake/want thread. Call it the Knowing is 1/2 the Battle Thread.

Maybe a Joe memory thread for people to get all nostalgic about?

I'd like a trades/selling thread specifically for GI Joes too, I don't know what the big fuss is about, to tell you truth. So what if the other fans see it and want a pinned topic of their own? Seriously, what is the big deal?

How about a topic with links to peoples collections.... and one to peoples customs.

Yep, a nice pic-heavy "show off your collections" thread would be sweet, I love seeing that stuff.

I was thinking the same thing.

Probably not, but what about just LINKS to the trade section? I always forget it is there....

I'll run the linkable trade/sale idea by Jay.. but people cant abuse it.. for instance.. you can only post links to threads in the AAT section... like I said, let me ask him first...

I also like the idea of the show your collection thread.. if someone wanted to start that one I'll pin it...

I'm not sure about the casting one.. if you wanna make it go for it, but I dont know about pinning it.. that reminds me, what happened to the How to customizing thread? I'd say look for that, and post it in there.. and maybe we'll get it re-pinned(I'll see why it was taken down first).

Id kinda like a who are you type thread for the joe section with pictures of us, our collections are turn on's and off's! what we do for a living and pic's of our hot wives sun bathing ect ect! ya know.

TM

Id kinda like a who are you type thread for the joe section with pictures of us, our collections are turn on's and off's! what we do for a living and pic's of our hot wives sun bathing ect ect! ya know.

TM

I liked this idea, too, and suggested it be pinned in that post that TM started. It's a great idea, and could even be used to help introduce new people here. They could say: "hey, this is me, I'm new, this is what I'm about, and this is some pics of my collection, nice to meet ya'll." Plus it could help us get to know everyone here a little bit better.

A little update on the suggestions so far...

Reviews:I'd like to get imput from the people that like reviews ans do reviews, would you care if it was all in one post, or do you rather like them in their own post...

Forsale/wanted/trades:waiting on input from THE MAN himself...

Custom How-To:Like above, just waiting on why it was unpinned

Who are you?: √ DONE

Pics of your collections!!!: Some one start one and it'll be pinned ;)

Hope that helps, if you ahve more suggestions, don't be afraid.. Draven doesn't bite.. he only licks.. @hmmm@

A little update on the suggestions so far...

Reviews:I'd like to get imput from the people that like reviews ans do reviews, would you care if it was all in one post, or do you rather like them in their own post...

Forsale/wanted/trades:waiting on input from THE MAN himself...

Custom How-To:Like above, just waiting on why it was unpinned

Pics of your collections!!!: Some one start one and it'll be pinned ;)

Hope that helps, if you ahve more suggestions, don't be afraid.. Draven doesn't bite.. he only licks.. @hmmm@

All the ideas you posted have been done before and pinned before and people used them and then stop posting in them and they got removed...

Same with the Joe Sightings as well... Been there... Done that...

Okay, I got the okay to make a linkable Buy/Sell Trade thread, so if you ahve a post in the trades section, the catch is all you can post is the link to the thread in the A.A.T. section, no.. "To Jimmyboy, how much you want for those Ghetto Vipers?", if you want to ask, PM the person, or ask in the thread linked...

As for the Custom How to thread, I can re-pin it, or would you guys rather have a new one?

LMK...

-Joe

update...

Reviews:I'd like to get input from the people that like reviews and do reviews, would you care if it was all in one post, or do you rather like them in their own post...

Forsale/wanted/trades: √ Done

Custom How-To: let us know if you want a new one, or the old one re-pinned???

Pics of your collections!!!: √ Done

• 1 month later...

If the discussion for pinned topics is still open then I have three suggestions:

1) GI Joe Deals - to cover stuff like Store Clearance Items like the Dragonhawk sale at Target awhile back and coupon deals for online stores i.e. the coupon codes for HTS

2) Latest news on the next wave (or title it by the next big wave then unpin it when it hits the shelves); so in this case something like 25th Anniversary Wave 1 & 2 news and maybe a DTC Wave 4 news thread

3) Online Store experiences/ratings so that all experiences good and bad can be tracked in one thread and maybe include a poll with it