The "Halo Mini" Thread

MUNDO

Halo1.jpg

Halo2.jpg

Halo3.jpg

Halo4.jpg

Halo5.jpg

Tunnel Rat (custom paintjob and new right hand) about to get ganked by a camo'd Elite.

Halo6.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/SOLID_MUNDO/Halo7.jpg

Halo8.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/SOLID_MUNDO/Halo9.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/SOL...UNDO/Halo10.jpg

Long Range (with UNSC marine helmet) driving, and Snake Eyes riding shotgun

Halo11.jpg

Halo12.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/SOL...UNDO/Halo13.jpg

Halo14.jpg

I have a few more "Slayer" Spartans, but I'm not too big into them. In time, they'll get a green paintjob to become members of the real Spartan team. I also left out the Snow Hog I made a few months ago.

man, that Destro mech does look sweet now, lol..

I'll post pics in a little bit on that one little playset I got... As for other stuff Diesel, anything I'd say that's in 1:24th(even some 1:32 might work) scale.. I remember seeing some military vehicles and character sets at Target and TRU that I think were 1:24 Elite forces or something like that, they might come in handy.. I remember the figure packs came with mini dio stuff like sand bags and stuff like that.

EDIT: they're called forces of valor: http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/...17/INstock/Y/D/

Sorry I didn't say it before, but man, those mini armies look sweet..

What elites are those from? I just got two Banshees, I havne't opened them yet, so I wasn't sure..

Here's a couple pics of the 21st. century set...

Halomini001.jpg

Here's the box.. just so you know what to look for in you wanna get them.. they're about 4 different sets... if you check on theri site, they have some of them up there, under the 32X section.. though, I was having computer problems last night and I couldn't get them to load... it was about $17

Halomini002.jpg

It came with 3 other german soldiers in a sitting position, but I haven't opened them yet.. I'll probably just sell the germans... maybe if I get a couple more sets, I'll sell them in a lot on ebay.. I'm sure someone collects 1:32 WWII stuff, lol.

Halomini004.jpg

Here's a pic of the figures next to Halo mini's.. as you can see, the figure scale is way off.

Halomini005.jpg

Halomini006.jpg

Doesn't look too bad on the gun emplacement... if I use it, it'll be in the background.

Halomini007.jpg

Here's the best part.. the bunker/tower thing... it comes in those pieces and you put it together...

Halomini008.jpg

Halomini009.jpg

Here's the MC next to it.. it's not too bad.. I'm gonna tweek the roof a little, maybe add some wood pilliars istead of the little blocks it comes with, that way tis' a little taller, and it'll have a slight slant to it(like some bunker/tower roofs sometimes do).

I also threw in the Sigma mini, incase someone wanted to see the scale for them too... and while I had them out...

Halomini010.jpg

I cant wait to get that snow Vamp!!!

Halomini011.jpg

"WHO ARE YOU???"

Halomini012.jpg

"I'm Bat-Spartan"

I'm loving that bunker a lot. I might have to go grab one.

As for the Elites:

The teal and pinkish ones are from Slayer 5-packs and campaign 2-packs. The dark blue Elites are from the series 4 Banshee. He's actually the best Elite that you can find. He's got head, shoulder, elbow, torso, hip (ball joint), and knee articulation, where as the others only have arm articulation. I always see him on Ebay, so he's not hard to find. Arbiter's loaded with the same amount of articulation as the dark blue Elite.

When I get a little time, I'm going to make some copies of the Halo 2 human, and the Grunt. They're the hardest to get ahold of now, and I'm not going to pay insane prices for them.

Because I have so many Elites, I'm planning to modify one of them to be an Elite Ranger with full helmet and jetpack. I also want to go back and redo the mini ODST. This time I want to sculpt all the details while the figure is disassembled so I can make copies of him too.

Spartan117, I moved your post here, it's all about the mini's in this thread :D

I dont know how much they were at retain, I never saw the minis.. but this seller has two 2-packs for $12.99, which doesn't seem too bad, I wont buy from him, he's one of the scum that buys up lots then puts them in his store for twice the price, at a buy it now.

Mundo, do you know how much the mini 2-packs retailed for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Halo-2-Series-2-Campai...4QQcmdZViewItem

I guess the link would help, lol

I used to pay anywhere from $4-$7 on the two-packs at Gamestop, Blockbuster, and anywhere else I could find them.

That being said; I wouldn't pay $12 for a two-pack, especially with the shipping being $8. That's $10 per figure. I'd look for the five-pack campaign sets, or a better price on two-packs. The deal I got last year on all my minis and vehicles was found by using Froogle. I found a store with a sale and spent about $85 on a butt load of stuff. SO- try Froogle also!

yeah, I froogle'd but not much out there, sad when some of the sites have their figs(big ones) for $15-18 but have their warthogs at $30...

and that link is for 2 2-packs..so 4 figures,b ut it still seemed high to me.

Reading this thread made me remember one time when I was really dumb at Gamestop. They had some Halo 2 figures there. They had a golden street hog for $8.99. I chose a spec ops grunt instead! I was so dumb. I come back a month later forgeting the whole thing(the hog was there for over 3 months), and I go, "Hey where are all the Halo figures?" They now don't sell anymore figures because they make no profit on them. I was so dumb not to get a hog!

I got one better, when Cortana came out I saw a beat up one at one of the movie places in the mall, I was either expecting or just had my son(not me physically, lol)... so I was tight on money, what's even sadder, is it was marked down to $10.. I thought, man, I'll come back when I get paid tomorrow, lol..

I forgot to go back.. and whoops..

In away, I really dont mind, cause I really dont like the figure.. I might attempt to make my own, we'll see.

I was picking up battle-damaged Warthogs left and right here a few months back for anywhere from $7 to $10. It was actually the only time I've seen then with the anti-aircraft guns. I really like the damage to the body, but the stupid melted tire sucks. I also kind of think they should have added plasma burns to the body instead of bullet holes.

When I first moved here a couple of years ago, I saw about three gold Hogs and never picked any of them up. At the time, I was mainly looking for the anti-aircraft Warthogs and not the Hog. Now I'm kicking myself...

WOOOOO, this is my most favorite thread EVER!!! :D hehe, okay, maybe not ever, but right now anyway, since i'm so obssessed with halo minis! @loll@

good stuff, mundo, good stuff, always great to see pics! you should repost, or link to your other post with the pics of halo minis with sigma six minis. i loved those.

joe, that bunker's great! even though it's wwII, it works well with halo. kinda pricey though, especially since i'd only want the bunker and not the gun and other accessories. plus, i'd want two... to act as bases in multiplayer. ;) i'll look for them next time i hit up walmart though. i'll probably end up gettin' it if i find it, hehe. post some more pics, bro. and hey, i got the snow vamp the other day... i can't wait to find the street razor. @smilepunch@

i still plan on doin' some pics soon. i wanna start with some collection shots, but i'm still waiting to get some other pieces first (so i don't have to retake pics later on to include them). i got most of everything i want for now, just have to wait for them to arrive. other than that, there's only one other thing i want for my collection right now... but, i won't say what it is 'cause then one of you might realize you want it too, and there's only one on ebay right now and i don't wanna get jacked for it. :ph34r:

oh by the way, do you guys know of any sites with archives and/or reviews (with lots of pics) of all the halo mini stuff? actually, the joyride studios site is good for the halo 2 stuff, but i can't find anything with the original halo minis. and i'd really like to know what's been made. thanks!

I haven't found an archive or site with the Halo minis yet. I find it kind of odd that for as hard as it is to find these little guys, and for how quickly they're snapped up, you don't see more collections online. I mean, SOMEONE is buying them besides us, but who?

• 2 weeks later...

I got 2 more warthogs and a ghost today, and opened my Halo 1 Red assault Team Warthog, man, I love these things... I also got the show vamp the other day, now, I need to get mor Spartans to man these vehicles, lol.

• 1 month later...

Today at KB, I noticed those mini Spider-Man stunt sets were on clearance. They had a price of about $5, so they'd be about $3.50 with the discount. One of the sets (Spidey/ Sandman) was a warehouse with a bunch of crates. With a little paint, the warehouse would be a sweet background piece for Halo mini collections, especially with the little crates. Just a heads-up ;)

• 4 weeks later...
YO, MACH!!! cant keep us hanging, what was the secret thing you were talking about?

haha, sorry to keep you waiting. you know how i go mia for long periods of time. ;) anyway, it's nothing super major, but it is for me. it was the hot topic exclusive pink spartan. because it's different from the pink spartan in the five pack (which i didn't even know at first). but, it turned out it had darker secondary colors and the skull and crossbones logo (the regular had the lips and heart logo), which is exactly how my spartan is in the game. :D

with that said, here's some long overdue collection pics...

collection_halo_0001.jpg

collection_halo_0002.jpg

collection_halo_0003.jpg

collection_halo_0004.jpg

collection_halo_0005.jpg

collection_halo_0006.jpg

collection_halo_0007.jpg

and some dio pics (which are also the first dio pics i've shot in what feels like years)...

d580_2007_03-12_008b.jpg

d580_2007_03-12_009b.jpg

d580_2007_03-12_010b.jpg

d580_2007_03-12_011b.jpg

d580_2007_03-12_012b.jpg

my three man spartan group employing sigma technology...

d580_2007_03-12_013b.jpg

d580_2007_03-12_014b.jpg