Hasbro Soundwave reissue???

Moloko Plus

Sadly I don't think we do. Many people who pre-ordered recieved e-mails saying it was delayed, others have had their orders cancelled. And Bigbadtoystore had some for sale and pre-order last week and supposedly were shipping. Those pre-orders are now sold out, and I still dont get how they were able to sell TRU's exclusive before TRU. Although on one site I saw it was released in China and Singapore so maybe they are import, that same site is now saying Jan-feb release for US. But no real solid information from TRU or Hasbro..sucky. I can wait, I just hope I get mine eventually.

I sure hope you are right Lebowski, I was not able to order one....

I can't wait to get my hands on one though, I cleaned out a spot on my office desk for him so I can look at him everyday and remember how much I loved him when i was young...Kinda creepy!!!!

I pre-ordered one months ago, just as soon as I found out about it, which was the first day it was announced here on the boards. But I've not gotten an e-mail saying it's shipped, cancelled...nothing! Hmm...

There is a report over at TFW that Soundwave has possibly been released in China.

Yup China and Singapore. I am getting tempted to buy one off of ebay..I don't know, I can hang in there since my order is showing backordered, but if it gets cancelled I will be upset I passed on my chance to get it. I guess the fact that it at least exists means I should eventually get my hands on it...but the waiting is the hardest part

I didn't even bother pre-ordering. I assume these won't be too tough to find eventually in the store.

i'm hoping for the same.

Agh! I just got an e-mail saying it was on backorder and wouldn't be available for the holidays. *sigh* Oh well...

Got the same email this weekend.

I heard a lot of people got that e-mail. I didn't hmmm strange. Oh well, last Thurs I ordered one from Digital-toys.com when it was $39.99, it was showing in stock friday (for $49.99) and I recieved and e-mail saying they "recieved my payment and would ship ASAP" Hopefully today. At any rate they should get it to me before TRU gets their act together. It was worth the extra ten bucks to have a back up plan. :P

btw Gilderdave I found these pics, looks like the tapes have the old-school tape reel sticks (which i prefer) not the ones on the Japanese re-issue oops just saw ravage, i was wrongs dammit just Laserbeak has the reel sticker.

old-school yay!

I didn't even bother pre-ordering. I assume these won't be too tough to find eventually in the store.

Which store? If they didn't put Astrotrain into TRU, why would they put Soundwave?

It's all about tying in with the movie:

1. Astrotrain isn't on the short list that we know of to appear in any of the movies

2. Astrotrain doesn't have the immediate visual selling power that Soundwave has

It's just simple business logic.

I don't get how they can be available overseas before they are here. I mean, they had all the Soundwave and Soundblasters on their shelves already, why do they need them again before we get a chance???

I wonder if that could be the reason for the delay. Perhaps there is an agreement that Hasbro must honor by filling their orders first and those ran much larger than anticipated.

Whatever the reason, it just sucks!

Yeah, I thought it was common knowledge that it would be in stores. Thought I read it somewhere.

Could be, haven't been keeping up. But I doubt it.

Um, why do you doubt it? You do know that it's been found in B&M stores in the areas in Asia where it has been released, so why would the U.S. be any different??? They made an announcement that it wouldn't be available in Canada, but nothing like that has been said for the U.S. so I'm still trying to figure out why you doubt even though you admitted you haven't been keeping up...

BBTS is an amazing store to order from!

:)

I have my eye on a few things they have...I ended up ordering my Soundwave from Digital-toys since BBTS was sold out at the time. I was very happy with the experience.