Star Wars Comics Two Packs

Guest merz

Really? People are seriously bitching about lack of articulation? Honestly? Wow...

These aren't even high res photos and I can spot the swivel in Vos' waist, the ball joint in his right elbow -- and I doubt Hasbro would just leave one elbow ball-jointed--, and I can only assume he has a ball-jointed neck being that Grahrk appears to. The only things that are hard to spot are whether or not his knees are ball jointed, its hard to tell with the wraps if his wrists have swivel movement, and if his shoulders are swivel or ball.

These look great, and hopefully Hasbro keeps up with the EU figures.

Vos is an athletic guy, he should at least have knee articulation. From the angle we see him at it's hard to tell what his face even looks like, so we'll have to wait for better pics, but if they don't give him knee articulation it'd be a real shame. I don't mind when it comes to guys like Obi Wan because we got a whole bunch of figures of him and eventually they did give him super articulation. But this might be the only Vos figure we ever get, it wouldn't have been that hard to give him knees. Maybe they could have replaced the super articulated obi with the crappy version, people are only going to buy that pack for the clone anyway. Then they could have put more money into Vos. Oh well we'll see how he looks in stores.

Really, I only want Hasbro to continue the EU if they do them properly. Otherwise what's the point? I already have crappy EU figures from 1996, but this is 2007. The figures should look much better now.

I don't know, being obsessed with "SA" articulation, I've gotten to be pretty good at spotting POA in even low res pictures. Topped with the fact that Hasbro themselves said the comic pack would come "with awesome articulation," I'm not too worried about limited posing potential for Vos. The last few times Hasbro's bragged about articulation, we've gotten the SA clone troopers, Obi Wan, and some amazing Evolutions figures.

I have always been a stickler for articulation. I don't see how they can release certain figures with amazing articulation, but not others. A good example is the ROTS line. All the jedis had some sort of non standard star wars movement. Why can't they make a great standard like the Obi Wan and stick to it?

I don't think Obi is a new sculpt, if he was it'd be a waste to get a brand new sculpt obi with super articulation when he's already had it. He looks like maybe a different head sculpt and maybe the robe is new. Just different paints otherwise.

The head, arms, robe, and pelvis are definitely new. And after comparing the torsos I'm pretty sure it's new too. And I'm not sure but the folds in the boots don't seem to match up with the E3 ones.

The whole point of why I think Vos should be articulated is because he isn't a main character. They should do him right since he probably won't get done again. If this was 2001 I wouldn't complain with that articulation, but now after seeing what they can do with Rots, why take any steps backwards?
But it's not a step backwards. Knee articulation is not a basic point of articulation. Most basic figures don't have it. In the ROTS line only 37 of the 77 basic figures had knee articulation. Of the 24 newly sculpted basic TSC figures only 7 had knees. And non of those seven had both ball jointed shoulders and elbows like Vos does.

Standard articulation nowadays is neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, waist, and hips. A figure not having knee articulation isn't a step back. It's a step forward when they do.

Ok fine, compare the JEDIS from ROTS (not saga, that was mostly filler stuff) they all have knees. Vos isn't mon mothma here, it IS a step back especially when compared to other lines made by hasbro, one made 25 years ago! (GI Joe)

The only one that disappointed me in saga was cody, they can give all the other clones great artic and not the one everyone wanted most? It's just too weird. It's like they want to sabotage the most popular figures because they know they can just rerelease him with ball joint arms in a year or so and people will rebuy him.

And if it is a new obi that's really lame. I'll take your word for it but I still can't believe they would make a new super articulated obi when they already have one. Heck we're getting another rerelease in the 30th anniversary line which will probably be in stores when these comic packs hit.

Heck I wouldn't mind no knees if they didn't already give so many figures knees it'd be like 1995 and I wouldn't care. As Star Wars fans we have to push Hasbro or they'll skimp on everything, it's what they do, they like money, they want to save and make as much as possible.

Overall Vos needs knees, take something away from someone else (like obi) and give Vos the knees he deserves.

Ok fine, compare the JEDIS from ROTS (not saga, that was mostly filler stuff) they all have knees. Vos isn't mon mothma here, it IS a step back especially when compared to other lines made by hasbro, one made 25 years ago! (GI Joe)

But that was a movie year. They could afford to pay more during production because they made more overall. And not all the ROTS Jedi had knees. None of the main character Jedi had knees (Except Pilot Obi-Wan). Even the Vader didn't have knees. Plus TSC Sora Bulq doesn’t have knees.

And you can't really compare GIJoe to Star Wars or any other licensed toy line. They don't have to pay a ton of money just for the ability to make GIJoe toys. They can pay a lot more in the production of a figure and still pay less/the same as a licensed figure.

The only one that disappointed me in saga was cody, they can give all the other clones great artic and not the one everyone wanted most? It's just too weird. It's like they want to sabotage the most popular figures because they know they can just rerelease him with ball joint arms in a year or so and people will rebuy him.
I don't think they could have given Cody ball jointed shoulders because of those large shoulder pads he has. They would have had to have the pads as separate pieces that would have restricted the extra movement ball joints would have given him. Or they would have had to cut into them, which would have looked really ugly, and the antenna on his left shoulder wouldn't have been able to be there. Don't wait for a new one. In a recent Q&A they said they were happy with him and that they had no plans to make a new one.

I agree he would have been really great if he had knees. But just because he doesn't doesn't mean that he's crap. Or is even close to the POTF2 EU figures. Or that they shouldn't make EU figures if they don't have more than standard articulation. That just silly.

I don't think you have to worry about this being the only Vos. Considering his popularity as long as this pack doesn't do bad I have no doubt that we will be getting another one. Probably in jedi robes.

• 2 weeks later...

WEll, the Obi looks like part "pilot" obi.. look at his arms, he's got his cloak on, where the other ones had him with his cloak off...

As for Vos, I cant really tell from the pics if he has articulation or not.. I'd rather wait for clearer pics.. it looks like ha has some sweet upper body articulation(mid section, shoulder, elbow waist) so I wont count him out yet on the knees.. we'll see...

I never said vos was crap, don't twist my words like that. Hell I even said I'd wait to see in the stores if I'll buy him. Still in this day and age hasbro has got to up the standard, and I think they know this as they're pulling out a lot of stops for 2007 and putting some great stuff in the main line. However Vos isn't as likely a candidate as you think he is for getting another figure in the future. If they do him again it's likely to just be a repaint or repack. And when I was talking about Rots I wasn't talking about figures like mon mothma, I'm talking about the jedis, the guys who do all those fancy moves and fight with hand weapons instead of guns. From my knowledge all of the jedis in rots had knees, and the only ones that didn't in saga were retools/reissues. They didn't give that loser dung face* knees because he sucks in the first place, but vos is kick ass and needs knee joints. We'll see how it turns out.

*haha he looks literally like crap, I bought him anyway, I felt bad for him:

http://www.rebelscum.com/TSC015sorabulq.asp

He's even got the dangly turds, what do they call them, klingons? :D

I never said vos was crap, don't twist my words like that.
Sorry, I thought you did when you said "I already have crappy EU figures from 1996, but this is 2007. The figures should look much better now." To me that sounds like you were saying that Vos isn't much better than the PotF figures and they were crap therefor Vos is too. So if you don't think Vos is a bad figure then I'm not sure if I know what we are debating.

And when I was talking about Rots I wasn't talking about figures like mon mothma, I'm talking about the jedis, the guys who do all those fancy moves and fight with hand weapons instead of guns. From my knowledge all of the jedis in rots had knees
Like I said in my last post all but one of the main character Jedi didn't have knees. Plus there is one that I had forgotten about last time. Zett Jukassa didn't have knees.

and the only ones that didn't in saga were retools/reissues. They didn't give that loser dung face* knees because he sucks in the first place
The only Jedi in TSC that wasn't a reissue/retool was Sora Bulq.

• 3 weeks later...