Star Wars Comics Two Packs

Guest merz

Saw them at a local Toys R Us. Figures it's the day I'm somewhat broke too lol. Just thought I'd let you all know. These are actually pretty cool. The wash effects on Vader and Stormtrooper Han and Stormtrooper are really nice imo. Were $10.99 each.

• 1 month later...

http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=9968

EE has just posted pics of wave 2 . Glad to see that the Quinlan Vos figure looks great. He is the best SW character not in a movie. And the Alpha ARC Trooper figure looks awesome!!

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images/A...SHS87504Blg.jpg

(mod edit: hotlink)

wow those look great

I gotta see in person, but those suck!

Do they even HAVE articulation? Look at the legs. If I'm wrong and the articulation is just so well hidden as to be unnoticeable, then I'd hail this as some of the best possible figures (even ignoring the fugly comic colors. I mean what the hell is wrong with Chewbacca?).

I'm disappointed. Quin Lon Vos is a figure many people including myself have wanted for a while now. Unless this EU series does well I don't think we'll ever see another Vos figure. This would have been the chance to make him perfect, and of course they revert with the articulation. Why can't there be a standard. It looks like they have a normal t crotch (which is okay) but with no articulation below the hips.

I'll wait for better pics, but for some reason Vos looks like a girl to me. The rest are just repaints/retools (except that bad guy who looks to suffer from the same deal as Vos).

I'll wait until they're in stores to see if I want them, right now they're either hit or miss, I'll either get them all or none of them.

Really? People are seriously bitching about lack of articulation? Honestly? Wow...

These aren't even high res photos and I can spot the swivel in Vos' waist, the ball joint in his right elbow -- and I doubt Hasbro would just leave one elbow ball-jointed--, and I can only assume he has a ball-jointed neck being that Grahrk appears to. The only things that are hard to spot are whether or not his knees are ball jointed, its hard to tell with the wraps if his wrists have swivel movement, and if his shoulders are swivel or ball.

These look great, and hopefully Hasbro keeps up with the EU figures.

I'm liking Alpha,Obi-Wan and Vos!!!

If Hasbro has a T-crotch on Vos with that tunic draping over his legs that would be a big design flaw and impair his movement.

But honestly, who really wants these Marvel comics style repaints?I bet there are few people who actually want those over other EU characters. I bet Hasbro put them in there because it gives them plenty of filler to put another straight-up repaint in there.

I'm definitely picking these up when I can. I'm also glad that they made the first version of Alpha, too (doesn't clash with a custom I made ;)). I may pick up more than one pack, as I can see some possibilities with that Obi-Wan.

Would've liked to seen a Jedi version of Vos, though.

Really? People are seriously bitching about lack of articulation? Honestly? Wow...

These aren't even high res photos and I can spot the swivel in Vos' waist, the ball joint in his right elbow -- and I doubt Hasbro would just leave one elbow ball-jointed--, and I can only assume he has a ball-jointed neck being that Grahrk appears to. The only things that are hard to spot are whether or not his knees are ball jointed, its hard to tell with the wraps if his wrists have swivel movement, and if his shoulders are swivel or ball.

These look great, and hopefully Hasbro keeps up with the EU figures.

Vos is an athletic guy, he should at least have knee articulation. From the angle we see him at it's hard to tell what his face even looks like, so we'll have to wait for better pics, but if they don't give him knee articulation it'd be a real shame. I don't mind when it comes to guys like Obi Wan because we got a whole bunch of figures of him and eventually they did give him super articulation. But this might be the only Vos figure we ever get, it wouldn't have been that hard to give him knees. Maybe they could have replaced the super articulated obi with the crappy version, people are only going to buy that pack for the clone anyway. Then they could have put more money into Vos. Oh well we'll see how he looks in stores.

Really, I only want Hasbro to continue the EU if they do them properly. Otherwise what's the point? I already have crappy EU figures from 1996, but this is 2007. The figures should look much better now.

Articulation I can see:

Quinlan Vos: completly new sculpt

Ball jointed: neck, sholders, elbows

Basic: wrists, waist, hips

Unknown: knees, ankles

Vilmarh Grahrk: completly new sculpt

Ball jointed: neck, shoulders, elbows

Basic: wrists

Unknown: waist, hips, knees, ankles

ARC Trooper Alpha: mostly, if not all, new sculpt

Ball jointed: elbows, knees, ankles

Basic: wrists, , hips

Unknown: neck, shoulders, waist,

Obi-Wan Kenobi: mostly, in not all, new sculpt

Ball jointed: neck, shoulders, elbows, knees, ankles

Basic: wrists, waist

Unknown: hips

They look pretty well articulated to me. So what if Vos and Vil aren't super articulated. Considering that they aren't main characters, army builders, or from the movies we're lucky they have as much articulation as they do and that they are being made at all.

Meh, I guess I'm one for if you're going to do something do it right. I don't think Obi is a new sculpt, if he was it'd be a waste to get a brand new sculpt obi with super articulation when he's already had it. He looks like maybe a different head sculpt and maybe the robe is new. Just different paints otherwise.

The whole point of why I think Vos should be articulated is because he isn't a main character. They should do him right since he probably won't get done again. If this was 2001 I wouldn't complain with that articulation, but now after seeing what they can do with Rots, why take any steps backwards?