The New Thunderbolts

oracleip

I m pretty excited about this new team of thunderbolts, don't know if anyone else but just thought I would ask if anyone has any predictions or thoughts on who this penance character is. I think it could possibly be daredevil but who knows thoughts?

My votes on Night Thrasher...

The T-Bolt Penance is a new character:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penance_%28Thunderbolts%29

Well originally, Penance was a split personality from M, one of many also along with Emplate, And a secondary version of Monet St. Croix...I have no idea who it could be now, seeing that Marvel has been all shook up as of late!

actaully pence was the original M & the M that we saw up till then was the two twin girls who merged to become her. Then when it was found out that the two twins were not really M they some how switched place with the real M & joined into the the pence body. So the pence thats out there now if there is one still from gen x is the two twin girls & the M is the real M

I think the two twins were either taken in by the real M or were releated to the real M some how however I don't think Ms family liked them all too much, so when Mplant ( m's brother [ who allso killed M's mom]) turned the real M into pence the twins out of fear merged and what not to become M

confused yet ? :P @loll@

I can't remember where the two twin girls came from really its been a while but I am 99.9% sure that I got the rest of that right :D

Awww. I was hoping this was related to Generation X. Thanks for the wiki link. I might have to check into the new Thunderbolts team.

same here, I was gona ask for a pic up till now ... they really don't use all the genx charecters much these days...

skin dead

synch dead :( freakn dumbassess!

chamber powerless reabove :(

jubes powerless reabove Though I can see how it could make for some interesting storys no ones doing anything on either of them, aside for a helpless jubes kidnaped by omega red in origin uhg...

husk, awall along with angel these days

& M & pence awall again ...

<-- who still has the entire run of genx paid for at full price which now go for about .50 cents at lcs <-- dumbass :|

chamber powerless

Chamber was back in New Excalibur #9-#10 and has omega-level powers.

Chamber later showed up in New Excalibur #9 [september 2006] as a patient at a London Hospital, recounting to a so-called Dr. Hartley the story of how right before his powers burned out on M-Day they went supernova, once again destroying his face and chest. They are interrupted by Pete Wisdom, who offers Chamber Excalibur's help. As he leaves the two alone for a quick cigarette break, Hartley kidnaps Chamber. Later, Chamber awakes to find himself fully healed but looking similar to the X-Men villain Apocalypse as a side-effect. He finds himself a guest of the new Clan Akkaba, worshippers of Apocalypse who had originally appeared in the Marvel limited series, X-Men: Apocalypse vs. Dracula. In fact, Chamber's great grandfather and Hartley, revealed to be Frederick Slade from the aforementioned limited series, were the only survivors of the original Clan Akkaba. Slade reveals that they are all descendants of Apocalypse and that Apocalypse's blood healed Chamber, though he no longer has any powers. Chamber tells them he wants nothing to do with them and is allowed to leave. As he walks outside, he meets Excalibur and tells them in no uncertain words that he doesn't want their help or to have anything to do with any X-Team. After investigating the abandoned headquarters of Clan Akkaba, New Excalibur discover that Chamber was lied to, and that he is indeed still powered. The consequences of this storyline have yet to be resolved.

He will appear in Thunderbolts #110, and was created by Warren Ellis and Marko Djurdjevic.

Marvel Executive Editor Tom Brevoort has stated that "Penance's origin is tied into the destruction of Stamford at the beginning of Civil War. He's a complete basket case and his powers are activated by pain, so he keeps himself bound up in this sort of walking Iron Maiden suit, separated from the rest of humanity. He's got a lot to atone for, as far as his own conscience is concerned."

That's the only thing known about him at the moment till T-Bolts #110 comes out. I'm gonna check out the new T-bolts for Songbird, Radioactive Man, and Swordsman.

Pennance is Speedball....Period!

He's one of the ones responsible for stanford, and in the latest couple of issues of Civil War Frontline, Speedball gets hurt, and it releases all this energy, so Mr Fantastic studdies him, and finds out that a latent mutant ability has awoken when he got shot, and basically he harnesses kenetik energy, so the more he gets hurt/hit, the stronger/more powerful he becomes.

so....mark my words, Speedball is Pennance

FAKEOR

M is currently appearing in X-Factor.

The Mondo that originally joined Gen-X was a construct of Black Tom's. The real Mondo ended up appearing late in the series teamed up with Black Tom.

After reading the wiki entry for Penance and looking closely to the pic, I think he's going to turn out to be Night Thrasher. However, it would not be inconceivable that he turns out to be Speedball (even though I don't think Speedball is quite as tall as Penance is being portrayed in promo art).

NT = the black guy with the sticks right?.. I never read much of those NW stuff but I allways thought he was one of the better charecters...

M is in xfactor?.. When did she first start to apear in there and why?.. Maybe I need to start checkn the book out now :)

oh right that awful hes the son of apocalypse story or some such! I hated that one, forgot all about it actaully thanks man :D

Yeah. That story was pretty crappy. I wanted Chamber to make a appearance again, but not like that. :(

Mondo at the GenX school turned out to be a copy made of plants by Black Tom Cassidy to spy on the school. The real Mondo later teamed up with Juggernaut and Black Tom and attacked the school. The real Mondo has no idea who the Gen X kids even were.

Penance was originaly M trapped in the "penance" body. Her younger sisters (twins) then merged together to take on the identity of M. After it was discovered the Penance was infact M... the twins entered the Penance body and released M from her prison. The twins later were removed from the Penance body after an explosion. Penance was still alive and had the ability to comunicate through writing, though it is unknown who if anyone else inhabits the body.

Mondo at the GenX school turned out to be a copy made of plants by Black Tom Cassidy to spy on the school. The real Mondo later teamed up with Juggernaut and Black Tom and attacked the school. The real Mondo has no idea who the Gen X kids even were.

Penance was originaly M trapped in the "penance" body. Her younger sisters (twins) then merged together to take on the identity of M. After it was discovered the Penance was infact M... the twins entered the Penance body and released M from her prison. The twins later were removed from the Penance body after an explosion. Penance was still alive and had the ability to comunicate through writing, though it is unknown who if anyone else inhabits the body.

That Penance story was pretty terrible too. Arggh. I'm pretty sure if I remember correctly Lobdell had no intentions of that being Penance's story at all. Than he leaves and some up writer makes up that blunder. One of the other disappointing moments in Generation X's long bad written history. That and towards the end the terrible terrible baggy costumes, and it was no wonder why the series got canned.

yeah the gen x went through more writers and artists than most books do for sure, how many people worked on the books again? :D I have no idea!

curse the writer who came up with the great idea to kill off my name sake :S

I'd say thefirst 1-6/10ish of the seires were gold then it all went down hill :S

genx was only good when bachelo did the art, after that I gave up on the book

Pennance is Speedball....Period!

He's one of the ones responsible for stanford, and in the latest couple of issues of Civil War Frontline, Speedball gets hurt, and it releases all this energy, so Mr Fantastic studdies him, and finds out that a latent mutant ability has awoken when he got shot, and basically he harnesses kenetik energy, so the more he gets hurt/hit, the stronger/more powerful he becomes.

so....mark my words, Speedball is Pennance

FAKEOR

You might be right. Its possible that Penance is Speedball with survivors guilt along with all the torture and hell he received pre-Stanford. After reading that, it makes more sense for it to be SB then Night Thrasher now that I think about it. From what I remember, Night Thrasher has no real powers and is more or less like a bad ripoff of Nightwing. Hmmm.

yeah the gen x went through more writers and artists than most books do for sure, how many people worked on the books again? :D I have no idea!

curse the writer who came up with the great idea to kill off my name sake :S

I'd say thefirst 1-6/10ish of the seires were gold then it all went down hill :S

it was good up to about issue 30 or so. Issue 25 was the best comic ever in my opinion. Thats the one that Black Tom kidnapped all of the kids and replaced them with plant like replicas... and Penance ends up saving Emma and Sean by slicing Tom in half. Shortly after Bachalo and lobdel left.

• 3 weeks later...

The new frontline issue came out and you guys were right or Fakeor you got it

*spoiler*

Speedball is Penance, and seeing him put on that suit full of spikes was pretty intense

That Penance story was pretty terrible too. Arggh. I'm pretty sure if I remember correctly Lobdell had no intentions of that being Penance's story at all. Than he leaves and some up writer makes up that blunder. One of the other disappointing moments in Generation X's long bad written history. That and towards the end the terrible terrible baggy costumes, and it was no wonder why the series got canned.

I can't agree with you more. I hate what they did with Penance and that story was a total mess. It's funny how so many characters I liked got ruined after lobdell's departure.