Another G.I. Joe Movie thread (read)

jinx723

So after reading the thread here about a possible G.I. Joe Movie, let me just say that Hollywood already has ideas to 'F' it up. My question is if you had the chance to make The G.I. Joe Movie how would you handle it, story-wise. Only things is you can only use ten Joe characters, five major Cobra characters and one type of Viper trooper. Also you have to set the movie up to be a trilogy. Included actors if you'd like. Oh and no bashing others ideas and no Sigma 6.

Title: G.I.Joe: Mission Cobra

Rating: Pg-13/R for lifelike violence, adult language, adult themes.

Ten Joes:

General Hawk (already a General)

Duke

Scarlett

Snake-Eyes

Roadblock

Chuckles (or Faces)

(Three new Joes so we can get some good action figures for air, ground, sea-ops)

Oktober Guard = Support Roles only.

Five Non-troop Cobras:

Cobra Commander

Destro

Zartan

Firefly

Storm Shadow

Cobra Soldier:

Viper v1

End of movie, Destro with Iron Grenadiers and foreshadow of B.A.T.s for "Rise of the Snake"

Movie opens with a large crowd gathered in a mosque and large amounts of chanting, and cheering. A neck-down shot of a man, standing with G.I.Joe Reloaded-looking Storm Shadow opening a brief-case, and taking out a mask, putting it on his face, and walking out to the crowd in a large round of applause. Speech ensues about the way the world is now corrupt, and needs to be cleansed. Etc. etc. A man sneaks out, and radios in that the rumors are true, and someone seems to have been able to rally all the terrorists organizations into one. (ala the meeting of people at the arms bizarre via James Bond movie "Tomorrow Never Dies")

At the end of the scene, where Chuckles scrambles away, it pans out of his communcation to General Hawk, who turns around to Duke and gives him the green light to create the team that's gonna stop him. But not only is this team going to be compromised of American special forces, this is big enough that the US Government is working with China, Russia, and the EU, leaving out the UN, and the AU (which plays a part in later movies).

Thus we go to training-scarios around the globe showing each of the Joes, or future-Joes, in their element and what they're good at.

Being the wonderful man I am, once all the Joes (support staff not included) are all in the same room, we get the break down on all the intel Chuckles seems to have gathered. This is where we learn there is a man code named "Cobra Commander" who has somehow united the terrorists cells all over the world, and removing those who didn't want to join. This man is the head of the Serpent, so to speak. When you cut it off, the rest of it will die too (or at least go back to being warring factions). As far as Chuckles was able to gleam from attending a few of these rallies, some here on American soil, the ultimate goal is to chaos.

That's my first half hour, of a 2.5 hour movie. :) I'll write the basic-crap-layout of next two hours, and then the two sequels later. I'm gonna go have a wet dream about this being the movie now.

-Kevin

A buddy and me wrote a kick ass screenplay for fun a couple years ago. The basic gist focused on the complicated relationship between Cobra Commander, Snake-Eyes, Zartan, and Stormshadow. The classic Hama inspired comics backstory.

The first act introduced Ripcord as the new Joe coming into the team ( we are introduced to G.I.Joe through his eyes). A small team is sent to the country of Sierra Gordo to help a Nobel winning scientist out of the country before it falls to rebels.

The second act involved an all out attack on the headquarters of a giant corporation by COBRA. It is actually a ruse so that Stormashadow can sneak into a nearby building and steal a macguffin. Joe team lands on the roof and has a huge battle with Cobra and a HUGE chase through Manhattan, copters, humvees, motorcycles, etc.

Third act was a showdown at Cobra's secret base. Cobra Commander is captured. Teaser cliff hanger ending reminiscent of Silent Issue 21 revealing Arishikage Clan tatoo on both Stormshadow and Snake-Eyes arms.

The Joes were

Snake-Eyes

Scarlett

Stalker

Duke

Flint

Lady Jaye

Roadblock

Wild Bill

Mainframe ( comic relief)

Ripcord

There were also alot of cameos. mostly by the original Twelve Joes in the background or maybe one line of dialogue, although I think Cover Girl was in there just for cheesecake.

The Cobra were

Cobra Commander

Stormshadow

Dr. Mindbender

Zartan/Dreadnoks ( again, most of them were non speaking roles, just "Oh cool! Look whos in the background!"

We decided to hold off on Destro, Baroness and the Crimson Guard for the sequel.

Movie opens with a large crowd gathered in a mosque and large amounts of chanting, and cheering. A neck-down shot of a man, standing with G.I.Joe Reloaded-looking Storm Shadow opening a brief-case, and taking out a mask, putting it on his face, and walking out to the crowd in a large round of applause. Speech ensues about the way the world is now corrupt, and needs to be cleansed. Etc. etc. A man sneaks out, and radios in that the rumors are true, and someone seems to have been able to rally all the terrorists organizations into one. (ala the meeting of people at the arms bizarre via James Bond movie "Tomorrow Never Dies")

The mosque thing would NEVER float. Besides terrorists are not terrorists for the sake of being terrorists. They are terrorists in support of whatever cause it is they support. What common goal does the IRA and al Quiada have for example?

The mosque thing would NEVER float. Besides terrorists are not terrorists for the sake of being terrorists. They are terrorists in support of whatever cause it is they support. What common goal does the IRA and al Quiada have for example?

As for the common goal of the IRA and Al Queda, it could be possibly explained that the Al-Queda is looking to assist the IRA militants in an effort to subvert Britain which it considers to be a corrupt western influence.

Both sides don't necessarily have to see eye to eye but the old adage prevails, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Another example of this was scripted into Sleeper Cell Season 1 where the Islamic fundamentalist terror cell obtained weapons from a white supremacist militia group in the US who had issues with the US Gov't. Just a possible scenario.

As for the common goal of the IRA and Al Queda, it could be possibly explained that the Al-Queda is looking to assist the IRA militants in an effort to subvert Britain which it considers to be a corrupt western influence.

Both sides don't necessarily have to see eye to eye but the old adage prevails, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Another example of this was scripted into Sleeper Cell Season 1 where the Islamic fundamentalist terror cell obtained weapons from a white supremacist militia group in the US who had issues with the US Gov't. Just a possible scenario.

that reminds me... How good was Sleeper Cell?

-Kevin

You know, I just finished Rainbow Six (the book)... It's certainly a good read, and obviously a bit too realistic for GI Joe, but I think if its elements could be mixed in with a little James Bond and X-Men (minus the powers of course), you'd have a winner.

In case you haven't read it, one of the big parts of the story is how an ex-KGB expert in terrorism uses the contacts he made during the Cold War to conduct attacks, mostly with large sums of cash. These include IRA, Basque seperatists and European Left Wing extremists... This is something I could see Cobra Commander orchestrating. Replace Popov (the KGB character) with Zartan and/or the Baroness in disguise (as they've often done). Instead of having the company behind it (I'm not really giving anything away in case you want to read the book), you'd have a corporation (run by the twins) that was secretly founded and controled by Cobra Commander, who's ultimate goal is a totalitarianist government of his own design.

All you'd really have to do is expand the "Rainbow" team to include more traditional military elements as well as pure counterterrorism, a more fantastic James Bond villain type of organization, and there you have it.

You know, I just finished Rainbow Six (the book)... It's certainly a good read, and obviously a bit too realistic for GI Joe, but I think if its elements could be mixed in with a little James Bond and X-Men (minus the powers of course), you'd have a winner.

In case you haven't read it, one of the big parts of the story is how an ex-KGB expert in terrorism uses the contacts he made during the Cold War to conduct attacks, mostly with large sums of cash. These include IRA, Basque seperatists and European Left Wing extremists... This is something I could see Cobra Commander orchestrating. Replace Popov (the KGB character) with Zartan and/or the Baroness in disguise (as they've often done). Instead of having the company behind it (I'm not really giving anything away in case you want to read the book), you'd have a corporation (run by the twins) that was secretly founded and controled by Cobra Commander, who's ultimate goal is a totalitarianist government of his own design.

All you'd really have to do is expand the "Rainbow" team to include more traditional military elements as well as pure counterterrorism, a more fantastic James Bond villain type of organization, and there you have it.

Actually, that reminds me... That would be EXACTLY what G.I.Joe shoudl be in my book.

-Kevin

that reminds me... How good was Sleeper Cell?

-Kevin

Kevn,

It was fantastic and the first three episodes (thus far) of Season 2 have been spectacular. It is going on this week at 9PM. I don't want to provide a spoiler but this is even better than last season.

If you have Showtime watch it. If not, they already have the DVD box set for Season 1 released.

Dudes I am not good at this but I must admit that there are some pretty cool stories brewing here. You could take just about anyone of them have have a kicka$$ movie.

agreed. some of what ive read hear actually sounds pretty decent. some times holywood tries/thinks to hard. they need to follow the KISS method....keep it simple stupid :P

Actually, that reminds me... That would be EXACTLY what G.I.Joe shoudl be in my book.

-Kevin

Hehe, Tom Clancy rules!