Interesting Cassette Knockoffs

Alyosha

I ran across these at a toy-show about a month and a half ago, and bought a few of them for my good friend Elrod the Albino (I'm not much of a TF fan). I spoke with another dealer buddy of mine, and he was kind enough to pick me up the rest that the dealer had. I've put together a couple of sets (got a few extras) and thought you kids might like a look at 3 of the 5.

These are twice the size of the regular cassettes, but seem to be made of the original molds with an extra flourish here or there (Ravage has whiskers). The colors are funky, but the construction is good and they are nice and solid. I'll try to grab pics of the Frenzy and Ramhorn versions later on tonight to go with Squawktalk, Ravage and Steeljaw pictured here. Enjoy!

ravage_animal.jpg

ravage_cassette.jpg

squalktalk_animal.jpg

squalktalk_cassette.jpg

steeljaw_animal.jpg

steeljaw_cassette.jpg

I found them too. I love my out of scale cassettes, I plan to build a soundwave for them.

Did you ever check to see if the Soundwave that plays real full-size tapes will hold them? It might. It's kinda rare now though.

What about the oversized KO Soundblaster? Just another thought....

I found them too. I love my out of scale cassettes, I plan to build a soundwave for them.

Did you ever check to see if the Soundwave that plays real full-size tapes will hold them? It might. It's kinda rare now though.

Wow, great toys, man. Hopefully, they're not so big, that THEY hold Soundwave.. instead of the other way around. Hahaa. @loll@

What about the oversized KO Soundblaster? Just another thought....

Yeah they do appear to be the same. I have the KO Soundblaster so I wouldn't mind picking up a bunch of extra cassettes for him.

The second one looks like Sqwawktalk..

Or is it Sqwawkbox?? I know it's one those guys. :rolleyes:

That would be Squawktalk, Squawkbox is Beastbox and Squawktalk combined.

Yeah, thanks CB.. Something like that, I knew it wasn't Beastbox. What was Beastbox, a gorilla or something? :unsure:

I've seen tape knock-offs before but never in these colors. Steeljaw is actually really close to his G1 colors. Very cool! Wish I could find some of these and those knock-off dino bots too. On a side note Gaz, you shouldn't be rude to someone who really doesn't collect TF's. He probably doesn't know too much about them and he was happy to show us a really cool collection. Why be rude about it? Ok I'm done.

The second one looks like Sqwawktalk..

Or is it Sqwawkbox?? I know it's one those guys. :rolleyes:

That would be Squawktalk, Squawkbox is Beastbox and Squawktalk combined.

Yeah, thanks CB.. Something like that, I knew it wasn't Beastbox. What was Beastbox, a gorilla or something? :unsure:

Yeah, he was a gorilla.

I did manage to grab a few extras of these three that I added to the store (link in sig). If you want one, make me an offer via PM.

I wish I had more than one complete set, since the Frenzy and RAmhorn are pretty cool. I'll try to add those pics to this thread tonight.