Halo toys

Spartan117

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gentle Giant Ltd. announces a new partnership with Microsoft and Bungie Studios, that will bring fans of the best selling Halo franchise a series of high end collectibles and figures. Halo is a premier title for the Xbox platform, with the eagerly awaited third installment in the trilogy currently in development by Bungie Studios.

Gentle Giant plans a full slate of collectibles that will entrance casual Halo gamers and hardcore Halo fans alike. The license spans the Halo trilogy, meaning that Gentle Giant will produce a range of products from the entire series, including:

3-inch block figures (produced under the official Kubrick name in partnership with Japanese toy giant Medicom, pioneers of the block figure category),

12-inch collectible figures

resin mini-busts, and

1/4-scale mixed material statues

“This is something of a dream scenario for us,” said Gentle Giant Vice President of Product Development and Design Dev Gilmore. “We’ve had a long standing business relationship with Medicom and only have the utmost respect for everyone there and the products they produce, so we’re thrilled to partner with them on the official Halo Kubricks. Plus we have the opportunity to break some new ground and bring a whole new line of amazing collectibles to the Halo-loving masses. It doesn’t get much better than that.”

Dang block figures...

You'd figure that they would somewhat continue the Joyride stuff; at least the large figures. Well, at least we're getting that table game with the sweet-looking mini figs and vehicles. I'd rather have static "army man" type minis than stupid block figures.

Thanks for that bit of news, Jay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Man, I can only imagine how awesome a Medicom Master Chief would be. The prices are so high for those RAH style figures though. Has there been any sort of news about a figure line more in scale with what's already been made by Joyride? I don't really need them to be exact or even all that close at all but premium figures just won't work in my home. LOL. I need smaller figures so I can buy more toys!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
So where can I find Halo figs?

wait till next year, McFarlane got the license for them ;)

yeah, but then that'll make them mini statues, and not action figures... @grumpy@

they look pretty cool. i only collected the mini scale multiplayer stuff before, but i might get some of them, the brutes from 3 look really cool. i wonder if there's any chance the warthog will be in scale with the joyride studios minis.

The new McFarlane Halo figs look sick. I still need to get rid of my Joyride Halo figs. Got almost all of em and they don't look like they are goin anywhere.

no, it's matchbox scaled :(

well, that just chaps mah heart...

I thought $15 apiece was far too much for what you got. Sure, MC was poseable but the others were not. The prophets woulda been nice but they only made 2 of them and now the license is gone, so it'd be a waste to buy the 2 they made(I saw 5 of one of them locally just last weekend). Nor do I see why Cortana sells for so much aftermarket- she's just a transparent chunk of plastic with a light base. I have something like that around here, they're just a switch, 2 wires and a battery holder in a shell with a light socket under the figurine. Not worth $100.

I'll have to pass on the McFarlane stuff... I hate how he casts everything in some odd base color then covers every inch of the toy in paint. Cheap paint.