I got ripped off big time On Ebay

x-man-2005

On October 11,2006 I bought a bunch of Action figures from a seller that goes by the username yourtoys14. The figures totalled $203.50 US $243.60 US after shipping

$279.36 Canadian (I'm Canadian) It has since been nearly two months and I have received nothing. I e-mailed him, and he would not tell me anything, all he would say was for me to check out his ME page on eBay. This is what his me page had to say.

IF YOU ARE MISSING YOUR ITEM

Good Afternoon,

I just got back from a vacation to learn of many problems. Many of you know I closed my store and have discontinued any further EBay activity. This is due to a new position at work and I cannot provide a quality product, timely shipping, make a profit, and give EBay 10%, Pay pal 10% and then the supplier 50%. I have been doing this for 3.5 years now and it is time to close my doors.

1: USPS ERRORS: I returned from vacation to learn that over 30 of my packages had been opened/stolen from the Atlanta Bulk Mail center. Please see the attachment as it is one of the many that have arrived in the last week, hopefully this will help regain some trust and cooperation. I have been on the phone with the postmaster this morning, and they suspect employee misconduct but we are both uncertain which goods are missing. In the mean time I am filling out these forms, faxing them, and working with them to reach a monetary settlement. I need your help to determine which packages were actually missing/stolen. The full extent of Ebay misconduct rules will be used on individuals making false claims.

2: MISSING YOUR PURCHASE: Please let me know if you honestly and seriously are missing your purchase. According to the post office these empty packages had shown up for the last 3 weeks before they suspected more than a coincidence. Each of the packages have 1 thing in common they have my user name on the return address (your toys) seems to me like the reason for theft. Obviously those of you who purchased delivery confirmation have been spared in this nightmare.

3: PLEASE EMAIL ME AT: yourtoysmike@comcast.net if you honestly did not get your purchased item so I maybe able to investigate it. Place the word STATUS in the email subject line or it WILL NOT be read or taken seriously.

This entire thing comes as a shock to me and in my 5 years on Ebay I have never seen anything like this. I as well as people in the area I have taught how to sell are getting threats and crazy claims in emails. This is not right and if I have to I will pursue a legal resolution. If you have a problem with my business and user id DO NOT email every seller in the state I live in. There is nothing shady going on here; I was gone for the holiday – nothing more.

Thank you,

Mike

Below is a list of all the figures I purchase and the amount I paid for each. Keep in Mind I have not received any of them.

MARVEL LEGENDS SCARLET WITCH LEGENDARY RIDERS SERIES (6054988673)

US $10.00

MARVEL LEGENDS FIGURE LADY DEATHSTRIKE ONSLAUGHT SERIES (6067615907)

US $12.00

MARVEL LEGENDS FIGURE PYRO ONSLAUGHT SERIES MOC (150000500298)

US $12.00

MARVEL XMEN FIGURE ICEMAN NEW RARE toybiz (150035239320)

US $12.00

MARVEL LEGENDS LOOSE COMPLETE FIGURE MAGNETO series 3 (150035897504)

US $20.00

MARVEL LEGENDS LOOSE COMPLETE FIGURE blue CABLE (150035897594)

US $20.00

MARVEL LEGENDS 16 inch SENTINEL FIGURE COMPLETE (150037291459)

US $80.00

MARVEL LEGENDS LOOSE FIGURE SABRETOOTH COMPLETE (150037313495)

US $20.00

MARVEL LEGENDS LOOSE COMPLETE FIGURE MOJO - LONGSHOT (150044526575)

US $10.00

MARVEL LEGENDS LOOSE COMPLETE FIGURE MOJO - PSYLOCKE (150044526615)

US $7.50

I have since e-mailed him several times, but the seller has stopped answering. And his once perfect feedback is now full of negative feedback. I don't know what to do. Do you guys think I've been scammed? Or do you believe the sellors story about the stolen parcels. Is there anything I can do? $300.00 is alot of money to me. If I do not get a refund, I'm afraid it may be the end of my Marvel Legends collecting.

Thank for your Help

Go to eBay and start a claim that you never received the item. There's like a better chance you'll get your money back through eBay by reporting him, especially since it happened to a lot of other people. You won't get all your money back, they'll charge you like 20% or something.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/inr-snad-process.html

I've seen this happen many times, this guy sounds legit but chances are that if he had to put this on his myebay page rather than just email it to the people that claim they never got it he's a fraud and is just taking advantage of getting out of the game. A comic store on eBay had perfect feedback and then they listed all this great stuff and never sent out any of it or sent out fakes, which is what happened to me. Then they got tons of negative feedback but only after the sales were made, because they listed everything at once and decided to stop being a good seller. I think I actually paid with money order around $90 and got about $70 back after about a month of working with eBay. You'll need to fax stuff to them and work with them but chances are you'll get it back.

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you everyone for help. I will file a claim with ebay and pay pal. I will also try and contact the atlanta bulk mail center. I will let you know what happens. I just don't know what to think. I want to beleave the seller, but the story about the stolen parcels seems so stupid. What really pisses me off is I have wasted so much time checking the mail and waiting patiently for my figures to arrive and now I will get nothing, and I will have to re buy them. Thanks again for the help.

I thought you only got the $$ back if the seller had it in his paypal acount/bank acount if its linked to his paypal, then paypal can get take it out that way...

If the guy has nothing in either then isn't he out of luck?..

Allso, did you get insurance?.. If you got insurance then you should be covered that way, with customs and what not I never do large scale shipments with out insurance... If he offered insurance as well & you didn't pay for it/want it then I'd say you are as much to blame as he is & that you're basicly screwed

It shouldn't matter. It happened to me before, in my early days with Ebay. I was the seller, don't remember what it was, but sold an item for about $150. Well, I shipped it without delivery confirmation, the guy said it never arrived, filed a complaint with PayPal, and they yoinked it right out of my PayPal account. Now, I had already spent most of that money, and so what happened was that my PayPal account went into the negative until I put money back into it. I was NOT a happy camper. That was a few years back though, and ever since I've used delivery confirmation on anything I sell over $25. Lesson learned I guess. @grumpy@

what BS!!! I'm sure people have soo much time on their hands to open up packages of toys and steal them... TOYS for god sakes!!!

keep it clean please.

damn that sucks to hear that you got ripped off. yeah definatly file a claim ASAP

Same thing is happening with me mate and the same seller..

This is a copy pf our E-mails so far. He has offerd me a refund or a resend of the figures once he matchs the items and box up.

Hi I purchased

MARVEL LEGENDS Incredible Hulk Loose THE LEADER (150027320824)

MARVEL LEGENDS LOOSE COMPLETE FIGURE MOJO - BARON ZEMO (150041548255)

MARVEL LEGENDS LOOSE COMPLETE FIGURE MOJO - LUKE CAGE (150041548477)

MARVEL LEGENDS LOOSE COMPLETE FIGURE MOJO - PSYLOCKE (150041548546)

MARVEL LEGENDS LOOSE COMPLETE FIGURE MOJO SERIES FALCON (150041548584)

MARVEL LEGENDS Incredible Hulk Loose Variant FACE OFF (150043138075)

For a total of

US $80.14

£40.49

On the 09-Oct-06.

And I have not received any of the item’s I paid for you left feedback

saying you had posted the items, but I still don’t have any of them.

Plz Respond Matt

E-bay Seller DeaconDispar

His reply

Thank you for the information Matt, I will look into this and see if we can

match a label up with your items. Thank you for the cooperation, this is

obviously a shock to see this happen.

and this 1

I am a collector so i can replace anything that is made, but we are

expecting to get the refunds settled this and next week and i have to wait

for the post office to reimburse me in 90 days.

I am very sorry for all this and as you can see it has ruined my reputation

so i am pretty bummed out.

Thanks for the email, if you do want replacements instead of a refund email

me next week.

Later,

Mike

So far i have gave him the benafit of the dout. Claiming with Pay Pal wont work as its been said in his feedback his Pay Pal account is empty and there is no funds in there to win back.

Fingers crossed for both of us.

P.S im in the UK (Scotland) so he also added my box should be easy to find due to it being the only scottish 1 there. He also left me Good feedback saying items are in the post.

If you used PayPal and the funds are drawn on your credit card, contact the credit card company. They consider this to be mail fraud and they will attempt to contact the seller. They will temporarily credit your credit card. If the seller cannot provide proof that the items were sent, then you keep your credit. I've been burned on eBay a couple of times and found both eBay and PayPal pretty useless when it came to their "investigation" of the matter. In fact PayPal gave me a total credit of $6US on a $60 purchase.

I hope that helps you out a little?

I just went thru the same thing with the SAME SELLER!!! Made me quite angry. Paypal sided with me and I got my money back minus $25 fee. Makes me even more angry that I had to pay a fee for getting ripped off.

File the claim. He is a total liar. He said he would send my stuff if I cancelled the claim but I was not that stupid.

Paypal accounts, so far as I'm aware, are also backed by the owner's credit card. There's a reason that they require you to give them information like that even though your credit card has nothing to do with Paypal. I'm fairly certain they can take the money out of that if they need to.

funny I've never had to give any CC information to paypal when signing up :S

& DP WTH?... Paypal charged you for getting you you're $$ back?!! Thats worse than customs charging you for checking the box to see if they need to tax you or not :S

funny I've never had to give any CC information to paypal when signing up :S

Not sure what the exact policies are. I know that -my- Paypal account required a credit card backing, even though my payments come from my bank account, not a credit card. Maybe it's just for Paypalers in Canada, or International in general?

& DP WTH?... Paypal charged you for getting you you're $$ back?!! Thats worse than customs charging you for checking the box to see if they need to tax you or not :S

Agreed. And that's how pretty much every company and agency works. When I moved up here to Canada from the States, I had to pay GST (Canadian Tax) on the boxes of MY OWN STUFF that had to be shipped to me. I'm talking about things like old socks, 15-year-old CDs with broken cases, frayed books, gaming dice. . . mundane things that I've owned for years. And I had to pay tax on them as if I'd just bought them.

Paypal wont charge a credit card but they will put a hold on an account. As far as I know if there is no money then any money that does come in will be credited to you. Read up on paypals policy, you should be protected in canada. Also file with ebay, at least you can get him banned if he doesnt come up with the money or goods.