Progress already?

supreme-d

Is it just me, or does Hasbro's second series of Marvel Legends look a lot better than the first. I dont buy that many Marvel Legends, but I actually want all of them, and NOT just so i can make the build a figure. That hasnt happened for me ever (AOA Wolverine ruined it for the walmart wave). So does anyone else think the first series looks like poop compared to the second series?

Oh and by chance, if i were to buy only Emma Frost, do you think i could get someone to trade me for the BAF piece? Do people do that?

Oh and by chance, if i were to buy only Emma Frost, do you think i could get someone to trade me for the BAF piece? Do people do that?

People do it all the time. Check the Trade boards.

As for the figures -- meh. I'm not overly impressed with Series 2 anymore than I am with Series 1. We'll see what they look like in stores. Shouldn't be too long now.

I dont think they are that bad from the pics. Im witholding my opinion until the the Toybiz sculpts dry up, then I'll decide if they are worth it. If they look like they fit in with the older ones I'll get them, and if they don't I'll probably still get them since Ive turned into a completest with these things. Worse comes to worse I'll put them on a different shelf, far away from the Toybiz ones...like a leper colony.

Yeah, the Toybiz stuff has been just as hit or miss as the Hasbro wave 1.

So I don't like all the X-Men people and movie people? Fine. I won't buy 'em and save my money for stuff I DO want.

Meanwhile, I get a Hercules, Banshee, Quicksilver, She Hulk and Yellowjacket.

Im gonna buy a few of these...not all of Wave 1 but knowing me im gonna end up building Annhillus...but Wave 2 im gonna get them all and toss jean and juggs into the spare toy bin

I dont think they are that bad from the pics. Im witholding my opinion until the the Toybiz sculpts dry up, then I'll decide if they are worth it. If they look like they fit in with the older ones I'll get them, and if they don't I'll probably still get them since Ive turned into a completest with these things. Worse comes to worse I'll put them on a different shelf, far away from the Toybiz ones...like a leper colony.

Hahahahahahahaha @loll@

Yellowjacket looks really good too!

Series 2 does have some very interesting looking figures in it. Large series too isn't it?

Now looking closely at the pics it would seem that all the joints are cleaner, free from the sloppy paint that plagues them now, and quite a bit more sturdy.

Hopefully these are not just extra specially nice protos for the displays and the real figures will be as good as these look. If that's the case it will be a HUGE step in the right direction.

legends are dead my friend. enjoy wave 15 as it will never be the same again!

Yup same way I feel! My Legends days are pretty much over!!

And please, no comments on how we haven't seen em in the store!! Go defend Hasbro to someone who cares!!

series 2 looked really great from the prototypes at SDCC.. but now they look really crappy.

if they don't sell us the version we saw at SDCC, I won't be buying the cheesy cartoon versions

I'm happy they are finally doing Yellow Jacket/Quicksilver and She Hulk it will round out my Avengers display. Plus the Marvel Select She Hulk I have is a great representation of that character but its a pain in the butt to stand I have to prop her up against another figure.

It just seems to me that the Hasbro figure look more aestheticlly pleasing. There dont appear to be any joints that would be hindered by the sculpt (like nearly everyone of my Toybiz figures is in some way), and the plastic just looks..better. Perhaps its that shiny new look. Oh and theyre making a Grant Morrison X-Men character (Xorn). Thats a quick way to get into my man-panties.

Well it seems I actually like the idea of Hasbro taking over. This is based upon my observations that A) The figures will most likely be the higher quality plastic thats been used recently, B) The figures look like they will provide a variety of sources for each wave (new versions of classics, movie, & classic comic), and C) I dont like having to get a pair of scissors to open a toy. The old packaging really angered me alot. It was too bulky. So much so that I recall once not getting all of the figures I wanted because I couldnt carry them all.

Although Planet Hulk and Ultimate Wolverine do look like poop to me.

...And besides, I figure if I support Hasbro when everyone else disses them, theyll think im their biggest fan and perhaps gimme what I want..

..which is X-Man, New X-Men Cyclops, 3-D Man, Miracleman, Gladiator, Classic Beetle, Nova, Scarlett Spider, Shiny Silver Surfer, Titanium Doctor Doom..uh... another Cable.. Baron Zemo from Thunderbolts. I dunno thats all I can think of for now.

You guys should worship me if thats the next Hasbro wave.

It just seems to me that the Hasbro figure look more aestheticlly pleasing. There dont appear to be any joints that would be hindered by the sculpt (like nearly everyone of my Toybiz figures is in some way), and the plastic just looks..better. Perhaps its that shiny new look. Oh and theyre making a Grant Morrison X-Men character (Xorn). Thats a quick way to get into my man-panties.

Well it seems I actually like the idea of Hasbro taking over. This is based upon my observations that A) The figures will most likely be the higher quality plastic thats been used recently, B) The figures look like they will provide a variety of sources for each wave (new versions of classics, movie, & classic comic), and C) I dont like having to get a pair of scissors to open a toy. The old packaging really angered me alot. It was too bulky. So much so that I recall once not getting all of the figures I wanted because I couldnt carry them all.

Although Planet Hulk and Ultimate Wolverine do look like poop to me.

...And besides, I figure if I support Hasbro when everyone else disses them, theyll think im their biggest fan and perhaps gimme what I want..

..which is X-Man, New X-Men Cyclops, 3-D Man, Miracleman, Gladiator, Classic Beetle, Nova, Scarlett Spider, Shiny Silver Surfer, Titanium Doctor Doom..uh... another Cable.. Baron Zemo from Thunderbolts. I dunno thats all I can think of for now.

You guys should worship me if thats the next Hasbro wave.

I agree. I don't know what people have against Hasbro taking over the line. We've already heard that Hasbro is using many of the Toybiz designs, so they're really not all that different from what we would have gotten from Toybiz only these should be much better quality.

Hasbro has higher standards than TB does especially when it comes to quality. (though I'm not by any means saying they're perfect!) Hasbro is more strict on safety standards, which has been a pain for TF's but it should be good for ML. They won't want parts easily snapping off so kids can choke on them. That means more solid arms and legs...hopefully no more horror stories of parts snapping off right out of the package.

Hasbro has shown that at times they've heard the fans and have given us a lot of what we want. Not all the time of course, but at least they try. ML probably has a higher percentage of figures produced going to collectors, so I imagine they'll use collectors feedback in future series.

Now if these should happen to turn out to have the same kinds of problems that TB had, AND don't look as good and it keeps going that way, then I may understand. However I just don't see that happening.

Well with seeing the pics from either Toyfair or a con on Wave 2, I recall how nasty that The Blob looked and well now he looks too Toony to me. (also I thought he was gonna be a regular fig)

Most look okay but the Movie Jean Grey, Not feeling it.

Just looks like some apps we saw in those early pics are missing (alla how horridly BOOTLEG looking Hasbro's Vector Prime looked compared to the original Takara version)

I'm waiting for the shaved Wolverine

I dunno that may change when I see them in person but I dunno.

I like some of them, but not all...

Hit or miss for me. Hasbro Series 2 is looking good, and I want Blob, but if they want me to buy it, I want to see some progress made (which in some parts, they did... but who knows?)

Keep in mind, Hasbro is new to this particular fandom and it's quirks. It will take a bit of time for them to adjust but I think they'll do fine.

If some missing paint apps is the price to pay for less breakage problems and joints not painted frozen then I'll take it.