GI Joe Toy Sightings

Jase

Awesome awesome post. I recieved my joe set on fri and havent put them down all weekend. I read all the reviews I could find this weekend and it's hard to find anyone with anything positve to say about these figures. Yes, they have their flaws but nothing is perfect. I remember as a kid having broken o-rings, thumbs and crotches, but I still loved my Joes. Same goes for these guys.

I'm just glad Hasbro took the time to give us all our old favorites in thier most memorable custumes, and newly sculpted when they could have easily threw some repaints in a TRU boxed set and called it a 25th anniversary. I think you hit the mark with the imagination comment. I'm pretty happy having a new v1 Snake Eyes sitting on my desk. Sometimes people take things to seriously indeed. Enjoy them for what they are. Yo Joe!

Doesn't it feel great to finally have new Joes again?!

it does indeed.

got all the singles at Kmart/Sears Essentials today plus some extra cobra officers. I also got both versions of Timber (black/grey). The black one appears to be harder to find. Anyone one know the case breakdown of these?

A believe a case of 8 is broken down like this:

Storm Shadow x2

Snake Eyes w/ Grey Timber x2

Snake Eyes w/ Black Timber x1

Flint x1

Cobra Commander x1

Cobra Officer x1

Maybe our "nit picking" is a subconscious, psychological habit we pick up on, in order to justify that we're all grown adults STILL obsessing about a childs toy from our own childhood, and if we scrutinize the HELL out of it, and treat it like a fine work of art in a museum, as though we're all standing around, sipping wine, eating cheese and crackers, smoking funny little cigarettes and sharing our "expert" opinions on the latest "work of art"....we don't feel so silly about coming here to discuss such things?

^_^

I think we sometimes have to hide that excitable "little boy" in us, however charming it might seem to SOME (being big kids ourselves) and try to contain ourselves and be mature about our passions for a G.I.Joe toy. We adopt this mentality early on, when we decide to undertake such a hobby to begin with, and it's like a self-defense mechanism we have to use when dealing with OTHER adults we know, who might be somewhat...teasing of it, we us? @hmmm@

We talk about "investments" or resale value of them, as though it's a retirement bond for us, to make it sound mature and financially sound or intelligent. @lol@

Deep down inside, were still just BIG OL' KIDS, crapin' our drawers whenever we see new TOYS, and actin' like 6 year olds on Christmas Eve or a Birthday. Hunting for them in stores or waiting for a package to arrive UPS almost has that same giddy anticipation to it, that those moments once had to them.

Yeah, we probably complain too much and try to be TOO analytical about a toy sometimes, but I also think (as adults) we still long for certain things to be made "better", and I'm sure, even as KIDS, we disliked certain figures for various reasons and wished certain figures could MOVE a certain way, that we discovered by chance, in the middle of PLAY, that they couldn't move that way and SNAP went a crotch or thumb. You guys certainly had figures you deplored (as kids) because of garish color schemes they started coming out with, and thought "yuck"?

Better details, more articulation (but not overboard with it) MORE accessories and features, like holsters and stuff, realistic color schemes and a nicely sculpted, constructed, sturdy and durable little action figures, popularly known as G.I.JOE...THE REAL AMERICAN HERO! #US1#

I bet even little kids think those things, and since I'm just a BIG kid myself, I think about'em too....and maybe even a little MORESO? @smilepunch@

Nice Op-Ed piece VH! :)

Maybe our "nit picking" is a subconscious, psychological habit we pick up on, in order to justify that we're all grown adults STILL obsessing about a childs toy from our own childhood, and if we scrutinize the HELL out of it, and treat it like a fine work of art in a museum, as though we're all standing around, sipping wine, eating cheese and crackers, smoking funny little cigarettes and sharing our "expert" opinions on the latest "work of art"....we don't feel so silly about coming here to discuss such things?

^_^

I think we sometimes have to hide that excitable "little boy" in us, however charming it might seem to SOME (being big kids ourselves) and try to contain ourselves and be mature about our passions for a G.I.Joe toy. We adopt this mentality early on, when we decide to undertake such a hobby to begin with, and it's like a self-defense mechanism we have to use when dealing with OTHER adults we know, who might be somewhat...teasing of it, we us? @hmmm@

We talk about "investments" or resale value of them, as though it's a retirement bond for us, to make it sound mature and financially sound or intelligent. @lol@

Deep down inside, were still just BIG OL' KIDS, crapin' our drawers whenever we see new TOYS, and actin' like 6 year olds on Christmas Eve or a Birthday. Hunting for them in stores or waiting for a package to arrive UPS almost has that same giddy anticipation to it, that those moments once had to them.

Yeah, we probably complain too much and try to be TOO analytical about a toy sometimes, but I also think (as adults) we still long for certain things to be made "better", and I'm sure, even as KIDS, we disliked certain figures for various reasons and wished certain figures could MOVE a certain way, that we discovered by chance, in the middle of PLAY, that they couldn't move that way and SNAP went a crotch or thumb. You guys certainly had figures you deplored (as kids) because of garish color schemes they started coming out with, and thought "yuck"?

Better details, more articulation (but not overboard with it) MORE accessories and features, like holsters and stuff, realistic color schemes and a nicely sculpted, constructed, sturdy and durable little action figures, popularly known as G.I.JOE...THE REAL AMERICAN HERO! #US1#

I bet even little kids think those things, and since I'm just a BIG kid myself, I think about'em too....and maybe even a little MORESO? @smilepunch@

well said, whats funny is, we agree .... again !!

Deep down inside, were still just BIG OL' KIDS, crapin' our drawers whenever we see new TOYS...

hey now.. not all of us are at the Depends age like you...

@firedevil@

No...still at the diapers age! 2119602083413fd40478d5ahh1.gif

well said, whats funny is, we agree .... again !!

Absolutely! You cited the behavior and I followed up with the reasons for it. ^_^ Combined, we wrapped it up rather nicely, if I do say so myself.

got all the singles at Kmart/Sears Essentials today plus some extra cobra officers. I also got both versions of Timber (black/grey). The black one appears to be harder to find. Anyone one know the case breakdown of these?

A believe a case of 8 is broken down like this:

Storm Shadow x2

Snake Eyes w/ Grey Timber x2

Snake Eyes w/ Black Timber x1

Flint x1

Cobra Commander x1

Cobra Officer x1

Even if I'd had no information or tips or anything to go on, that would have been my guess for the breakdown.

Hasbro gets that right, I'll give them that. No Mattel He-man-relaunch case debacles here.

Okay, listen up people, we've been talking and we're having too many topics started, with people posting that they got their figs from such and such site, such and such site has them in stock, they found them at so-and-so store and what not... we don't need 400 threads for this, please try to keep it consolidated into this one thread...

We'd normally ask that you keep it in the pinned thread up top, but we understand that this is a big deal, so we're being lenient.. but lets try to not get carried away on all the new threads.

This is not just me waving my magic mod stick around, I've talked to JayC and other Mods about this, and we feel it's better for the site and will cut down on the clutter.

Thank you,

-Joe

Okay, listen up people, we've been talking and we're having too many topics started, with people posting that they got their figs from such and such site, such and such site has them in stock, they found them at so-and-so store and what not... we don't need 400 threads for this, please try to keep it consolidated into this one thread...

We'd normally ask that you keep it in the pinned thread up top, but we understand that this is a big deal, so we're being lenient.. but lets try to not get carried away on all the new threads.

This is not just me waving my magic mod stick around, I've talked to JayC and other Mods about this, and we feel it's better for the site and will cut down on the clutter.

Thank you,

-Joe

A fine idea

@hmmm@ So when I find the figures FINALLY, and want to come here and share my opinion and reviews on them, where should I do so, so as not to disrupt the delicate nature of TNI and the G.I.Joe forum and create unwanted "clutter"?

I didn't think the forum was getting "cluttered" with everyone's individual and personalized seperate topics on this. It's nice that folks are wanting to contribute and be active for a change, and when they do, we get THIS kind of attitude about it and a lecture on it? :rolleyes:

Why isn't this concern over "clutter" effective in the other forums where the "WIRE" fills up the entire posts, and eliminates a lot of member activity in the section because of it? <_<

For those of you who have found the new figures. Are the legs real loose and floppy by the metal t-bar on yours? My eight year is complaining about his Snake Eyes and wants me to fix it and it doesn't look look the leg comes apart, after you take the screw out the leg feels like it glue together.

Andrew

The only one of my 25th figures that has this problem is Gung-Ho. His right hip is EXTREMELY loose -- essentially the point that he barely stands. However, he's pretty much the only with this issue. The others actually stand decently-- although I've got a few ankles that are already starting to loosen up.

Thank you,

-Joe

A fine idea

I agree #US1#

Now if I could just find them!

I had the same problem with Snake eye and Storm shadow and I took the screw out and twisted the leg gently to cause the seams to crack but not break. After that, I just applied a small tab (about 2 cm by 2cm) of duct tape. You could have a glue issue if it is the leg with the knife holster, but mine did not have glue, so it could be just paint. If you are afraid to break the toy, use the super glue trick. Usually works everytime, but don't stop moving it until the five minutes or so is up.