Jase

GI Joe Toy Sightings

Heyyy I gots mah SDCC Zarana yesterday in the mail! Just need to save up for the Nok-7pack and then the whole family can have a reunion.......

Finally..........found a Tunnel Rat, now hopefully some other figures may start showing up so I can get this 30th anniversary party started.

Found Law and Order at Walgreens today. Just need Sci-Fi, Lifeline, and Zombie Viper. If I could only find the elusive Renegades Storm Shadow.

Heyyyy I found a Law & Order toooo. His sour mug leaves much to desire but its a fig nonetheless. For Valentines my sweety surprised me w/Sci-Fi (I think I'll keep her)! And with some nosing around I snagged up a Renegades Cobra Trooper soooo slowly but surely the new waves are appearing at grocery stores here cause Wahhhmart and Terget have all but given up on anything that isn't Star Wars or Arctic Destroy.......Daddy needs a Zombie Viper......and a Lifeline and a Airtight and a does it ever end???...good luck hunters and madmen....

Earlier today I was at TRU..........seems they have been the only store to get new joes around here, looking and sadly was disappointed to see nothing new, thought I would look around one last time to find Lifeline behind some peg warmers in the joe section.......Lifeline added.

So after giving up on giving up, I shopped like a normal person, sports illustrated, toilet paper, liquid smoke, frozen burritos, condoms......oh I'll juss check what passes for a toy aisle in the grocery store. Good ToY GoDs man I found all my missing joes on one peg in the miniscule area referred to as the toy section, amongst 17$ DCUC figs & 11$ MU figs, and overpriced Hotwheels. There they were, in all their forbidden retail glory! Airtight, Lifeline, Zombie Viper and of course MVP Pegwarmer of early 2012 Renegades Cobra Commander! And even shhweeter they were on sale for 6.39! Some times it just pays to give the collecting frenzy a rest and meditate on the now.......saving my hater of the year tirade on the box stores, and just be. So far I went back to mah toy fix wellspring and found another zombie viper, can a fellow american down on his luck find a Renegades Storm Shadow? only time will tell hunters and madmen......@peace@

Seriously.......I don't understand, nothing new at Target for weeks.....appears Walmart doesn't carry them, TRU has been slow.......and now appears Walgreens is the spot to try to get new figures, picked up a Zombie Viper at Walgreens. I have been lucky at Walgreens for the new 30th stuff, seriously, WTH.

There are 3 Wal-Mart Supercenters close to me: #1, not on modular since reset, #2 and 3, empty pegs since reset. Hard times for Joe lovers 'round these parts. Good luck guys.

Well............had to resort to buying Sci Fi and another Zombie Viper from Ebay, fair price though. Also ordered Airtight from Ebay.

can a fellow american down on his luck find a Renegades Storm Shadow? only time will tell hunters and madmen......@peace@

Wish I could help, but I can't find that figure anywhere either, same goes for the Zombie Viper...I have yet to try Walgreens though. There seems to be a Walgreens store on every street nowadays, so it should be worth a try. Has anyone on here ever even seen the Renegades Storm Shadow?

can a fellow american down on his luck find a Renegades Storm Shadow? only time will tell hunters and madmen......@peace@

Wish I could help, but I can't find that figure anywhere either, same goes for the Zombie Viper...I have yet to try Walgreens though. There seems to be a Walgreens store on every street nowadays, so it should be worth a try. Has anyone on here ever even seen the Renegades Storm Shadow?

haha thanks man, so far I've found every one of the last wave (minus Stormy) at the grocery store near my house, thank the ToY GoDs (& that Barbie I offered up to Crom on my gas grill) but soon or maybe in 2 years when those waves slowly trickle out at Ross and Marshalls and TJMaxx we will all be able to find him....

We have one Walmart on Huntsville that dropped the Joes last year.I go into that particular store to see what they had.They did thier reset and bam they had the Zombie viper,techno viper,airtight and law and order.Oh and Ripcord.Lifeline and Scarlett were the only ones that were missing.

That's a strange missing mix man! @loll@ Keep hearing about all these Ross finds but nothing nothing and more nothing at mine.

Draven

Only GI Joe sightings I'm seeing around here are Targets adding more pegs for Joes in their resets. Now up to 8 instead of 4. However, those ew pegs are either filled with Cobra Commanders, or nothing.

The Joes are back!...at my Zellers

I went out in the rain today to rent a game realised I had a bit of extramoney and went into Zellers and Found several of the Pursuit of Cobra figures and bought Jungle BAT and a Cobra trooper because (unlike COBRA's commanders I respect the Cobra Troopers :D)they had the first wave of 3.57 Avengers too but no mechs or Quinjet but oh well atleast I bought some new joe figures after a year of nothing Joe on the shelfs

post-15525-0-34532200-1330909346_thumb.jpg

My husband and I both collect GI Joe figures (I know... weird right? Two Joe fans finding each other in this cruel world...), and like many of you, we have found NOTHING new since well before Christmas. We lucked up and found all of the Zombie Viper wave (except for Storm Shadow of course) about two weeks before Christmas and that has been it. Unfortunately we also live in a very small town with no major stores except for Walmart. We are at least an hour away from any Target, TRU, etc.

I see mention on here of a lot of collectors finding figures in grocery stores. Our grocery stores carry absolutley no toys worth mentioning (except maybe Hot Wheels and the occasional holiday themed Barbie) and have never had Joes. Also, our Rite Aid and CVS (no Walgreens either) carry Joes, but they have had nothing more than one or two figures at a time, and still have Rise of Cobra figures on the pegs. I found Hawk, Cobra Eel, Agent Helix, and Sgt. Stone just last weekend at Rite Aid, and Sgt. Stalker and Arctic Destro from the Pursuit of Cobra line at CVS.

I guess I am just curious as to why Joes have apparently fallen off the face of the earth. I mean, I go to Walmart every day and find nothing. They can keep The Corps figures in stock but cannot keep a line that sells out on a regular basis. I just fail to understand.

My husband even has a friend that works there and he hasn't seen anything. One thing that really puzzles us is this though... Our Walmart's action figure aisle is almost empty. The only new arrivals since Christmas have been some Star Wars figures that came in about a week or two before the rerelease of Phantom Menace in 3D.

The other night, we were at the store picking up some everyday items and came across pallets sitting in the middle of the aisle with new merchandise on them. We counted FIVE cases of new Star Wars figures. 2 cases of Clone Wars, 2 cases of the Vintage Collection, and one vehicle case. There were also two cases of new Mattel WWE 2-packs (not that it matters, but they do play a part in this... as the WWE figures are almost completely sold out as well). We got our stuff and decided to head home and conme back out the next day to see what new Star Wars figures had shown up. Any port in a storm when looking for new figures. We no longer collect Star Wars, but we do enjoy checking out the new selections.

When we got to the store, NOTHING new was out. All of those cases of new merchandise were gone already?! There is no possible way. We know most of the collectors in this town, and none of them saw anything new. It's like these cases of new merchandise just disappeared. How can this be?

So, do they just keep new stuff in the back? Are they selling cases to someone that swoops in during the night and then buys and sells them on Ebay? I am confused. I know that we both used to work at a Walmart, third shift stocking crew, and every once in a while we would buy one or two figures out of the cases for our collection (hey... one of the perks working stock crew at Walmart or any other store selling collectible toys), but we were never allowed to buy entire cases, and we could only buy the few figures we got after our shift was done, and after they had been put out on the sales floor.

I guess I am just a little put off at the state of collecting these days. The joy of finding figures and the excitement of finding that one holy grail that you have been looking for for weeks is gone. I used to love going on all day toy hunting trips and finding something every time I went out. Now it is nothing but dissapointing. Does anyone else feel this way?

I hate the subscription mess. I hate the "only available on Mattycollector.com". I hate the hassle of Ebay and paying outrageous prices. I hate all the shortpacked, one per case (if that) figures. I have just gotten to the point where collecting is no longer fun. It's more like work.

Now, after wasting all of your time reading my rants, I would like to ask for some help from the collecting community. If anyone out there has a Ross nearby (yet another store we do not have), if you could help me and my husband out, we would like to offer to purchase the H.I.S.S. and the Armour Cycle that some folks have been finding. We would be more than happy to pay for your time and energy to get them as well. We would have to spend gas money and such if we drove the hour trip, one way, to the nearest Ross store, so we would be more than happy to pay for your time. So... If anyone can help, we'd appreciate it.

I am going to end my post here by saying that we appreciate your time and any help we can get. We love GI Joe and the collecting community out there. And lastly, my husband surprised me with a great gift for our anniversary. We had a great night out together, and since we don't do the traditional gift giving thing, it shocked me when he gave me a surprise gift. A brand new, mint on card, Renegades Storm Shadow. He got it off of Ebay... I wouldn't, and still won't, let him tell me how much it cost.

One other thing... Does anyone out there know what's going on with the Hasbro Toy Shop. After MONTHS of going hsbrotoyshop.com and seeing the same old "21 of 21 items shown", I went there this morning and saw "27 of 251 items shown" ! I was excited, thinking we might have some new merchandise on there. WRONG!! It was nothing but "out of stock" 25th Anniversary and Rise of Cobra stuff. The usual items that had been there for months were mostly gone. On top of that, the $6.99 M.A.R.S trooper and officer 3-pack was back to $24.99. Have I gone back in time or something? I am a little confused. Anyone know what it's all about?

it's back to normal. looks like some kinda of database error that was maybe backed up wrong or something. It was all stuff from like 3 years ago.

Sorry to hear about your Walmart(s)

Went to a new Target that had a special event this evening after I got off work.They had nothing but wave 4 for probably 2 cases.If anyone needs more Zombie Vipers have have 3 up for grabs.I am seriously looking for the Renegades Stormshadow for a friend of mine.