GI Joe Toy Sightings

Jase

4 hours ago, mako said:

4 hours ago, mako said:

Duke, Snake Eyes, and Destro are still MIA, but I managed to snag Scarlett and Roadblock off Amazon . . . hopefully. Estimated delivery is Friday, we'll see.

In any case, it's better than nothing. I'm just sick of running my butt off to every store in Central Arkansas and coming up empty handed.

In any case, it's better than nothing. I'm just sick of running my butt off to every store in Central Arkansas and coming up empty handed.

I was able to get Roadblock today from Amazon after ordering it on May 19th and having it be delayed twice. At least the box was safe and sound. The figure looks really nice. Not sure it was worth the wait, but I got it below retail so ....

I have Duke on order from Amazon but they have already told me they don't know when it will ship. 

Snake Eyes and Destro appear to be the hardest to get figures. Maybe too hard to get given all the issues we are all dealing with these days.....

• Like 1

No shipping notice yet, but I just made a random check of my Scarlet and Roadblock order from Amazon and it's listed as "Shipping Now." Even better, Duke is now showing as in stock. Put my order in and the ED is Saturday. Still no Snake Eyes or Destro.

Of course, I'm taking these delivery estimates with a grain of salt, but at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

On 6/16/2020 at 9:33 PM, mako said:

They probably have a better selection in Central America!

The short answer to your question would be no . . . at least not with any consistency. Some stuff will show within 24 hours, some the normal 48, some who knows when. From my last couple of dealings with Amazon, I'm thinking things are a little more chaotic at the moment than those TV ads let on.

'much appreciated, I'll hold off on Amazon for now then.... maybe Walmart & Target will come through!!

7 minutes ago, AdamM said:

'much appreciated, I'll hold off on Amazon for now then.... maybe Walmart & Target will come through!!

Up to you. Don't get me wrong though, for all it's problems, right now, Amazon is the best game in town. For Joe Classified, that unfortunately translates into "The Only Game." Just don't expect super-fast shipping.

10 minutes ago, mako said:

Up to you. Don't get me wrong though, for all it's problems, right now, Amazon is the best game in town. For Joe Classified, that unfortunately translates into "The Only Game." Just don't expect super-fast shipping.

". For Joe Classified, that unfortunately translates into "The Only Game." " ... LOL, understood..... 'looks like I'm making Jeff Bezos that much richer...

2 hours ago, AdamM said:

". For Joe Classified, that unfortunately translates into "The Only Game." " ... LOL, understood..... 'looks like I'm making Jeff Bezos that much richer...

If it helps make your decision: I ordered Scarlet and Roadblock the 16th, they're shipping by Amazon's in-house people and should be here tomorrow. I ordered Duke yesterday morning, got the shipping confirmation a few minutes ago, and it should arrive via UPS Saturday. Not the quickest, but good enough for government work.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blackmada said:

I'm supposed to be getting Duke, Scarlet and Roadblock here on Saturday from Amazon. No luck yet being able to order Destro from anywhere, the one I want the most.

You're not alone. Scarlett and Roadblock arrived from Amazon yesterday, Duke is due today, and I finally had to pre-order Snake Eyes at Pulse. No joy on Destro. Since I just can't justify BBTS' mark-up, I'll probably wait and snag him through brick-n-mortar.

Probably not, maybe on Target in the states but that i don't know.

i don't even think they're on stock on Mexico's Walmart(s) yet (or at least in the place i am), which I'd would to get a chance of buying them there if i could since there are no Targets on mexico as far as i know.

7 hours ago, Bilbo99 said:

So, these have not shown up at Target or Walmart yet? 

Not at any of the Targets or Walmarts in my area . . . and I've been to all of them. A couple of the stores seem to be either just beginning a big restock, or getting ready for one. In either case, there's ABSOLUTELY no sign that any store in my area is even considering carrying Joes. I'm sure they will, but for now my stores restock like Uncle Sam gives out Stimulus Checks.

4 hours ago, Neovorticism2 said:

Here Amazon is a better option too, but besides Walmart you can always try at Mama Lucha's. 😁

Ironic, isn't Mama Lucha related to Walmart in some way lol XD

My first three were delivered today. I'm hooked on these! After having them in person I like them a lot more than I did before. I'm really anxious to get Snake Eyes, Destro and Cobra Commander.

The bad. Duke does not stand too well. His feet are not quite flat enough or his ankles are bent weird. Could just be mine. Scarlett's crossbow separates into two pieces and does not stay together very well. That's it! Everything else is pretty cool.

20200620_190330-1.jpg

20200620_190240.jpg

20200620_190250.jpg

20200620_190303.jpg

20200620_192438-1.jpg

20200620_192500-1.jpg

20200620_192518.jpg

20200620_192739-1.jpg

20200620_192751.jpg

20200620_192816.jpg

20200620_191908.jpg

20200620_192241-1.jpg

20200620_192250.jpg

20200620_192302.jpg

20200620_192904.jpg

20200620_192936.jpg

20200620_191858.jpg

20200620_191846-1.jpg

20200620_193024.jpg

20200620_192005-1.jpg

20200620_192016.jpg

20200620_192029.jpg

20200620_193001.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bilbo99 said:

Thanks for info..I’ll check amazon

Just checked Amazon. Roadblock and Scarlett are in stock, Duke is "Temporarily Out of Stock" (AGAIN), Destro is now up to 44 bucks and some change, and Snake Eyes is ONLY available through Amazon's affiliate sellers (the first of which lists an estimated delivery of Dec. 9th.)

Also, if any of you guys are MOC collectors, you might wanna take a pass on Amazon. Lately everything I ordered has come in those padded paper mailers. As you can imagine, some of the packages came a bit dinged up. Not a major issue for me as long as the damage isn't TO bad,, but I know some of you guys are deep into that whole mint thing.

I don't know about you guys, but as cool as these Joes are, I'm just about at the point where I decide these particular little hunks of plastic aren't worth the aggravation.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Found a G.I. Joe Classified end-cap at one of my Walmarts this afternoon. Not even an end-cap really, more of a small display stand positioned at the head of the action figure isle. Of course the only figures there were Scarletts, Roadblocks, a single Duke, and an empty space I can only hope once held Snake Eyes and Destro.

But who cares, they're in stores!

Went to the last Walmart in my area, hoping against hope they'd have another G.I.Joe end-cap. They had an end-cap alright . . . for Lanard's Top Gun set!!! 

So the trip wasn't a total loss, I stopped by their 5.00 DVD bin and snagged a copy of Rampage. I thought it was fitting, Dwayne Johnson being present for another G.I. Joe disappointment.

Was on Amazon looking for something totally unrelated a few minutes ago and saw they finally had Destro in stock for MSRP. So I snagged it as fast as I could. Now, if they'll just stop farting around with Snake Eyes.

SNAKE EYES IS ON THE WAY!!! They finally restocked at Pulse. Best of all, I stuck to my guns and DIDN'T feed the scalpers (F-you you scalp-bas----s!!!). God. it's nice to be vindicated . . . especially at MSRP.