GI Joe Toy Sightings

Jase

Didn't come up w/anything yet....I'll check around this weekend as well.....I don't expect to find too many sets as the TRU's here had no Joes on the pegs for at least since Feb....Let me know what set your looking for & I'll keep an eye out for you YJB.....

Hey guys...if anybody could hook me up, it'd be greatly appreciated. I have three different Ross stores near me, and nothing's showing-up yet. You guys let me know which sets you need, and I'll keep a look-out on my end. I had grown so frustrated I ended-up buying the Outback/Lt. Stone/Shooter set online...besides the Heavy-Duty/Stiletto set, that one was the set I wanted most. But I'd love to get any of the rest. I'm on a limited budget, but I'll do my best to help you guys out.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried two different locations today...nothing. *sigh*

Yup sorry guys...I tried...nothing anywhere around the PHX area....I believe one person on another website had some luck but nothing after that....I'll keep an eye out but I'm sure they're long gone by now...

• 3 months later...

I had to pay a pretty penny---$30 plus shipping---but I'm finally adding a Big Lob figure to my Joe collection, he should be here today. Of course, I have a function after work that will eat up my whole night so I won't be able to enjoy him, but still. No real qualms about spending that since I haven't bought a Joe in forever and that price appears to be as low as he goes for. I have to find a good spot for him. Probably set him up next to Law, Chuckles, Tunnel Rat and Jinx.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Over the weekend I spotted the Heavy Duty/Stilleto & Iron G/Cobra Viper 2 packs...only one each at ROSS for $10 apiece....I went to 2 other Ross's & didn't see any Joes there, so they're spotty at best....good Luck Hunters

Over the weekend I spotted the Heavy Duty/Stilleto & Iron G/Cobra Viper 2 packs...only one each at ROSS for $10 apiece....I went to 2 other Ross's & didn't see any Joes there, so they're spotty at best....good Luck Hunters

Not much, but at least its something.

The next Joe I have my eye on--also animated movie related--is the exclusive Pythona. Even more pricey than the exclusive Big Lob. I just saw one go for over $50 loose at auction, so I'll have to start saving. I know stylistically she won't fit with my vintage Cobra-La trio, but I'm getting this itch for more GI Joes and God knows I won't find them at retail any time soon.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally, FINALLY found some 50th Anniversary figures at ROSS...it was just the Duke/Tombstone two-pack, but I did find an employee that took-down my number and promised to call me if any more came in. And incidentally, I actually love this set when I didn't necessarily expect to...the Duke sports some great details and colors, and I really like Tombstone way more than I anticipated. I had always loved the Pursuit of Cobra (?) Firefly sculpt, and here it makes a great new armored main character. I just really wish I could find that dang Heavy Duty/Stiletto two-pack... (lol)

Saw some Joe stuff my last trip to TRU... sort of.

They were these weird chunky, blocky things. Dorbz, Pops, or whatever funky lookin' piece of... plastic that makes me regret getting into this hobby as a kid.

But I'm not bitter! @grumpy@

(lol) Doesn't that suck, mako? It's almost worse than not finding anything, like Hasbro's saying, "Hey, we know you want Joes, but here's something else that kinda resembles what you really want instead, but it's way different." Why do they tease us so...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So a Walmart I went to had a case of those GI Joe blind box figures with most of them opened. I've dabbled into that line, got 3 of them then stopped before I blew my money on a double (darn blind boxes). Well I decided to peek in the opened ones and lo and behold there's the one I really wanted: Baroness. It doesn't make much sense that she would be left there because she's one of the rare ones, 1/24, and you'd figure the guy that busted those boxes open would have known what he was looking for. Oh well, I grabbed her up. So that's cool.

So now a have a hand full of these and a hand full of Funko Pop Joes. That's it for cutesy, niche-style Joes. Now it's genuine 3.75" or bust.

Hi all!

I have a Kickstarter going on for the reprints of G.I. Joe's Rank & File volumes 2 and 3 identification guides and resource books. It's currently 59% funded. Any contributions to obtain these guides would be greatly appreciated! If this Kickstarter isn't successful, these volumes will not be printed anytime in the foreseeable future. I will try to peek in again but I will be making the rounds to promote this Kickstarter. If you have any questions, it will be best to message me or make a comment on the Kickstarter. Thanks again for any support!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/163945173/rank-and-file-volume-2-and-3-reprints-gi-joe-resou?ref=creator_nav

• 2 years later...

Any confirmed sightings of the Classified figures at brick-n-mortar? I've been checking where I could, but a combination of the pandemic curfew, every Target in my area but one being closed for fear of being hit by the ball-washing rioters (and one actually having had some F-tard drive his car through the window to loot the place), and the average Arkansas Big Box stores aversion to stocking ANYTHING has really hurt my chances.

Times like these, I wish I just collected rocks.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a real nice e-mail from Pulse yesterday. They were really apologetic because three of the four G.I. Joe Classified figures I pre-ordered (Destro was already sold out) have been delayed and now have new "approximate ship dates."

Duke and Scarlet have been moved from 07/01/20 to 07/01/20. Not a typo, according to the e-mail, they've been postponed to the day they were already supposed to ship.

Roadblock, meanwhile, has been moved up from 07/22/20 to join the others on 07/01/20. (Uh, forgiven?)

I can only assume the e-mail was basically a "Whoops, We Changed Dates on You" form letter, and the apologies were just part of the standard message.

I got an email from BBTS yesterday that my case was in and order being processed. I hopefully should finally have these in hand by next week sometime. Can't wait.

On 6/13/2020 at 8:48 AM, JayC said:

I got an email from BBTS yesterday that my case was in and order being processed. I hopefully should finally have these in hand by next week sometime. Can't wait.

After some soul-searching I decided to drop my Pulse order and go with BBTS. I hate paying almost 11 bucks above retail for the lot, but at least this gets me Destro. Plus, not having to brave the heat and a possible resurgence of the new "C" word is worth the extra scratch.

With delivery dates moved back and forward for just about every figure, my 6" Joes are just starting to show up.  I got Scarlet yesterday, Roadblock is coming today, and Duke is coming tomorrow all from amazon.  All of those delivery dates have been changed at least once.  

Destro is scheduled from amazon on the 24th, I don't expect that to stick.

Pulse exclusive Snake Eyes is still scheduled for July 1st.  I'm pretty sure I was the last one in the US to get that figure.  I dragged my feet for a long time on him and when I did pull the trigger, I checked Pulse's stock again and it was sold out.  I guess I'm lucky to get him at all.  

No worries on the delivery date shuffle, I get that it's because of covid.  My biggest regret is going with amazon because at the time I ordered I was forgetting their trademark bubble mailer in which your figure box is very likely to get smashed.  Scarlet faired OK with that mode of transportation.  The bottom of her box is a bit bent causing it to sit wobbly, but the rest of it is fine.  That's just dumb luck though.  We'll see how trashed Roadblock and Duke's boxes are today and tomorrow.

Duke, Snake Eyes, and Destro are still MIA, but I managed to snag Scarlett and Roadblock off Amazon . . . hopefully. Estimated delivery is Friday, we'll see.

In any case, it's better than nothing. I'm just sick of running my butt off to every store in Central Arkansas and coming up empty handed.

24 minutes ago, mako said:

Duke, Snake Eyes, and Destro are still MIA, but I managed to snag Scarlett and Roadblock off Amazon . . . hopefully. Estimated delivery is Friday, we'll see.

In any case, it's better than nothing. I'm just sick of running my butt off to every store in Central Arkansas and coming up empty handed.

ok one, I misread your location as Central America for a hot second and thought "Damn! this dude is committed"..I may need new glasses. Anyway..so is Amazon back to shipping non-essential items in a fast & timely fashion??? that's great!! I wasn't sure if they were keeping restrictions all summer. I do need a MACH-ONE, and some GI Joe...

1 hour ago, AdamM said:

ok one, I misread your location as Central America for a hot second and thought "Damn! this dude is committed"..I may need new glasses. Anyway..so is Amazon back to shipping non-essential items in a fast & timely fashion??? that's great!! I wasn't sure if they were keeping restrictions all summer. I do need a MACH-ONE, and some GI Joe...

They probably have a better selection in Central America!

The short answer to your question would be no . . . at least not with any consistency. Some stuff will show within 24 hours, some the normal 48, some who knows when. From my last couple of dealings with Amazon, I'm thinking things are a little more chaotic at the moment than those TV ads let on.

• Like 1