GI Joe Toy Sightings

Jase

Damn your lucky to have Night Vipers hanging off the shelves....you can't find those guys anywhere here.....I went to another TRU instead of the I used to work at....they had about 10 of every other figure, Scarlett, Joe C., Cyber Ninja, Rockblock, 3x Alley Vipers, a few Dark Ninjas, 1x Jinx & plenty of old StormShadows & Green Suit Dukes but not a single NV to be found....there's a few guys in the valley that are sellers here so those were prolly long gone....I did pick up another Cobra Combat Ninja & Data Viper.....very cool figs for 5 each at Tuesday Morning...maybe I can keep the CCN for a tradeski....for a NV....I'm getting close on this so well see.....if not I'm over it...I didn't see any Tomahawks left but plenty of crappy Hisstanks at the Ross's & Wave 1 Stormy at most places.....

• 4 weeks later...

I'm like you GD...I can't find them anywhere where I'm at, so what do I do? I come down to Florida on vacation, and I find one lone NV at my annual trip to the local TRU I hit every year. Woo-hoo!! If ever I see another one, I'll be sure to grab you one.

• 2 weeks later...

well there's this discount food store round the corner from where we live......it has a small misfit toy section, long time ago they had the DC Classics Big Barda & Mr. Freeze but I wasn't a fan so I didn't buy them....those were $7 bux I believe......some months later they had a small shipment of Dark of The Moon Transformers....they had some good ones too...I picked up a few for Xmas & birthday gifts for the lil jedi's....well about 2 months ago they had a Vampire Batman from the unlimited line for $8 so I bought it....cool fig......anewayys my girlfriends kid was shopping there yesterday w/his girl.....he wandered over to the toy section for fun....& they had Joes Galore!....they had quite a few of the Retaliation figs & a few Rise of Cobra...he snagged up the only Data Viper & a Black Retaliation Cobra Commander & a green pantsuit duke for his son & a Rise of cobra Covergirl for his daughter....I picked up a Blue Retaliation Cobra Commander and all the figs were $2 still MOC......they had a couple of Retaliation Wave 1 Snake eyes, Cobra Commanders, Green Dukes, Rockblocks......they also had Rise of Cobra CoverGirl, Heavy Duty, Cobra Vipers the ones w/the purple tinge to them, not bad for $2......I'll have to go by there again sometime it seems that place is getting some cool stuff in from time to time.....

Not a single NV to be had at TRU.....but the Ross I stopped at had the Retaliation Combat Cruiser/Hiss Tank/Eaglehawk 2 for $10.....the Retaliation Water Moccasin for $7 & Ninja Awe Striker for $7 as well + those awful motorcycles & nerf guns....not a single figure to be found....

tonight after work my gf & I went to the discount food store down the street to find some buys for the 4th.....I headed straight for the misfit toy section & came up empty handed....I went to find my girl & tell her lets head out cause I didn't shii for food deals either, I just happened to glance down & see an small table display full of JOES!.....they were all priced at $1.99!......granted I didn't find any Night Vipers I did come away w/some winners.....

joes_zpscc3ca2ed.jpg

believe it or not, this is what was left after I picked out what I purchased, my gf's son & his girl rolled through & scooped up at least 54 more for their kids & his collection......here's what I snagged up.....I picked up the cooler army builders & some for my nephews who are in town this weekend....uncle is solid now....I really didn't have the money to purchase these so I took a hit on these but man I couldn't pass these up for $2 a piece!

SAM_1606_zpsb1392dc9.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

heard the news on the tank that dudes were spotting these today....so I called ahead & they had like 4 of each left...I snagged up my 2 & even got a kreo ThunderWave set for 5.25....I hope everyone gets to hunt down the goodness, its great to see actual Joes at retail again....I just wish TRU didn't hold all the cards on these....my TRU's are horrible at the distribution of Joe's...

SAM_1678_zps90fd9b85.jpg

tonight after work my gf & I went to the discount food store down the street to find some buys for the 4th.....I headed straight for the misfit toy section & came up empty handed....I went to find my girl & tell her lets head out cause I didn't shii for food deals either, I just happened to glance down & see an small table display full of JOES!.....they were all priced at $1.99!......granted I didn't find any Night Vipers I did come away w/some winners.....

joes_zpscc3ca2ed.jpg

believe it or not, this is what was left after I picked out what I purchased, my gf's son & his girl rolled through & scooped up at least 54 more for their kids & his collection......here's what I snagged up.....I picked up the cooler army builders & some for my nephews who are in town this weekend....uncle is solid now....I really didn't have the money to purchase these so I took a hit on these but man I couldn't pass these up for $2 a piece!

SAM_1606_zpsb1392dc9.jpg

HOLY CRAP, I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT THEM ALL!!! lol, looks like you did pretty well.

Yup I wish I had had more $ JR.....I would bought more of the ROC Vipers.....after the word got out these figs were gone in a week....I went back to snag them up after I got paid again & there was one ROC Destro left...it was definitely a once-in-a-lifetime haul.....I picked out what I could afford & what I needed for my collection & of course the real gems imop of those lines.....& I left a few of the cool guys behind for other collectors to snag up as well...I was just bummed I didn't see any Night Vipers....anewayyys I went to a TRU last night & found the 3 packs in stock....I snagged up the Destro, Leatherneck & hold me closer tiny Hawk pack.....my Destro right leg is very gummy & looks like he's practicing yoga poses......I might have to take it back or maybe dunk him in warm water & massage his legs back to health.....I dunno, they look great otherwise they were $22 w/tax

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last weekend was able to hit an TRU & scooped up an new Danger at the Docks set.....I was lucky to score an SDCC set on day of sale so I'm opening this new camo set when I get a chance....tomorrow....I also scored another Marksman set & left one sitting on the pegs.....so far the only set I haven't picked up is the Beachhead set....

I broke down and overpaid for an SDCC Danger at the Docks set, but it wasn't as much as I've seen it go for a few weeks ago. I'm looking forward to getting it, though. This is only the second time I've broken down and paid a scalper for a GI Joe. The other time being that 25th MASS Device set with Alpine.

I love you, Flint.

Scored the basic Danger at the Dock set this morning when I went up to Tennessee. There were 2 sets on the shelf and thought about getting both. When I picked them up I felt lighter then the other. and more parts rattling in the box and though Uh Oh. Sure enough I took it to the service desk the lady opened it up and the VAMP and the Weapons locker was missing. The Night Raft and the 2 figures were still there. Odd thing was the tape didn't looked like it was messed with.

• 4 weeks later...

Pre-orders for the next waves are up on BBTS in case you didn't know....1st link is Baroness & Lady J, 2nd one is SnowJob & Snowbat

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS24056&mode=retail

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS24055&mode=retail

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I received my shipments...aka "the stuff"....last week but for some reason I just didn't have that collector's high that I usually get....it should've been Xmas inside my brain but finally the celebration has wore thin in my heart for Joes.....it started w/the 25th ann. line so long ago but I think I'm finally burnt on Joes....these last figs are just kina meh to me.....I like the re-imagined BAT but another SnowJob (no pun) I don't need at this time....I can always re-use him as another nameless Joe in the fight w/Arctic Cobras I guess....I ordered 2x of each of the sets so I got 2 Arctic Bats & 2 Lady J's......I'm going to take back the less fugly of the 2 Lady J sets....I haven't even opened them yet, that's how off kilter my Joe Joy is lately....maybe ordering online was a buzzkill but it was way easier than spending bookoo buxs driving to the store to face disappointment.....I do call the stores as well but after awhile calling every day is annoying, especially when some of the employees give a rats arse if I get my Joes or not....& their "direct to store pickup option" is kinda of joke when looking for the more popular items....so I'm glad to say I'm done for abit w/Joes...

See, I've been the opposite...my problem is I think my interest is perking-up a bit as of late. I can't quite bring myself to buy any of the 50th Anniversary stuff, but I've been actively seeking out the vintage figures for the first time in years. I scored a carded Action Force Roadblock, Mutt & Junkyard, and a red-back bagged Bazooka. I'm thinking about opening them and getting them resealed on repro cardbacks.

I've seen some vintage figs round here lately but they're expensive & not really early 80s stuff, its usually 90s figs & I'm not too keen on those....I'm one of the few that's actually hoping Joes take a hiatus for abit so I can save some $....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went to a TRU here in the valley.....they had the whole lot, pegs were full of Wave 2 two packs....plenty of Winter BATs to buy & DATD sets galore....but of course at my closer TRU nothing but Heat Viper sets maybe 3 on the pegs.....

• 2 months later...

Saw the strangest thing today. Stopped by TRU so see if they had anything, which of course they didn't. But they put out a whole case of Pursuit of Cobra wave 3 (which came out in 2011 and consisted of Jungle BAT, Cobra Commander, Hawk and Blowtorch). Guess someone found a case laying around in the back. If it would have been wave 4 I would have jumped on it, but found all of wave 3 when it came out.