GI Joe Toy Sightings

Jase

Still haven't seen the Dollar Store figures, but while at my local Toys R US yesterday, they restocked their Joe pegs with a case of 2010 POC figures. I wonder if Hasbro is sending out older figures while waiting for the release date for next year's movie figures.

Still haven't seen the Dollar Store figures, but while at my local Toys R US yesterday, they restocked their Joe pegs with a case of 2010 POC figures. I wonder if Hasbro is sending out older figures while waiting for the release date for next year's movie figures.

Thanx JN, I try to keep things short but I'm a paragraph guy living in an two sentences or less, texting by acronym world. Aneeways I was at TRU over da weekend and they did have some POC Joes but not the droids I'm looking for. I need a POC Hawk and at least one more Jungle Bat in my life, some Cobra Shock Troopers would be nice and maybe a repainted Alley Viper or two or three or a small company....all I seem to run into ad nauseum is Renegades figs, mostly Scarlett and Ripcords galore, and ROC Destro & Baroness, also POC Duke w/loaded down w/anti-airplane guns(man his back has gooitta hurrrt, he better file for VA benefits after discharge), & POC SE's loaded down w/ninja weapons and 180 pounds of body armor, SS w/ripped shirt rock star style w/chain ninja weapons.

I love that TRU is putting out POC, even though I have them all. At least there's SOMEWHERE to go to get good GI Joes in 2012.

Today I went to a Target and happened upon a back end cap in toys that was devoted to the GI Joe Retaliation figures that we all thought were done with until next year. It was pretty well stocked too. Had everyone and everything except the GI Joe Trooper. However, they were all still the original, overpriced $10 a pop. I guess they must not have any plans for this end cap in the near future. That stuff will be sitting there for a good long while until they decide to bite the bullet and mark it down.

Found a Version 45 Cobra Commander (I think it wase Jungle CC, the wave 5 POC one) over the weekend at a Walgreens. The bad thing was it sparked that hope that the Walgreens in my area might have that wave and I still needed Jungle BAT and Hawk. SO I spent the last two days hitting every Walgreens I could think over (about 12 in all) and they had almost nothing or atleast nothing I was looking for.

Walgreens is just a big tease....

if Walgreen's isa tease then CVS is a Putout Pamela.....I was out garage saleing and got lost, wound up ata CVS in some weird neighborhood full of retirees and non-hot soccermoms buying depends and cold iced coffees for their morning rituals. I had my sis's stepson tagging along so I was splainin the finer points of collecting and where to find our "beauuutieees" (homage to the Croc Hunter). Lo an Behold I finded 2 POC Jungle Bats for 17$ a piece.......kidding but they weren't much cheaper at 11$ a piece but I have only seen one of these at retail mind you so I thanked Crom and purchased and all was broke with the world.......good luck hunters and bleeding wallets.....hammerhead.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone still checks here, but I've bought Jungle BATs at Walgreens twice in the last couple weeks. I'd never seen them in person before, so I was pretty stoked to find them and even more excited that Walgreens was only 9.99 instead of their usual $12 to $15 range. Found one Cobra Trooper too. I think it was the one with the Bazooka, but it's not with me right now so I could be wrong. The kids are really excited since they haven't seen any new stuff from Joes for a while. Plus the BATs are just really really cool looking anyway. We'll definitely be trying to build these up if we can keep getting lucky.

Not sure if anyone still checks here, but I've bought Jungle BATs at Walgreens twice in the last couple weeks. I'd never seen them in person before, so I was pretty stoked to find them and even more excited that Walgreens was only 9.99 instead of their usual $12 to $15 range. Found one Cobra Trooper too. I think it was the one with the Bazooka, but it's not with me right now so I could be wrong. The kids are really excited since they haven't seen any new stuff from Joes for a while. Plus the BATs are just really really cool looking anyway. We'll definitely be trying to build these up if we can keep getting lucky.

A few weeks back I found 2 Jungle Bats(11$) at CVS, and the other night at Walgreens I found a couple of Double Silencer (10$) Cobra Troopers, I left those as I had my fill. At another Walgreens haha I found 5 POC Winter Cobra Commanders. At TJ Maxx I spotted a few 30th Ann Skystrikers for 25$. TRU has the very 1st waves of POC out now. I've been seeing Beachhead, Firefly, Jungle Duke, Double Uzi Snakes, AlleyVipers, Falconer Zartan, Dusty and a few Renegades Airtights as well......I got hooked up for POC Hawk and now I'm looking for Moneybags Destro, shoulda bought him a year ago he was no kidding either 14$ at a CVS in Snottsdale. Of course I put him back....big mistake on my part, now my Iron Grenadier Squad is Leaderless for now anyway.....good luck hunters

• 1 month later...

Movie toys have started showing back up at the Targets around me. No figures, but the vechicles are either being put back on shelves or being returned. One Target had them at full price (seems the HISS tank jumped in price from $19.99 to $31.00) and at another Target the Fang boat and Ripper were marked as clearence for $7.50.

I am seeing this too.Though no Tread Ripper in my area yet.It's the Fang Boat and the Ninja 4x4. One Target had a massive about of wave 1 including the Black version of CC and the tan masked Joe trooper.

I picked-up a pair of Tread Rippers a couple of weeks back.

Today was definitely an hunting day.......while my gf and lil sis were hunting up late clearance closeouts, I excused myself to where all the kool kids hang out. At the CVS's here, I spotted 1 Renegades Cobra Trooper, 1 Rise of Cobra Baroness (that's one stubborn manager unwilling to lose money on that 1st wave of Joes he ordered). One CVS didn't even have Joes (I told the middle aged man next tome hunting for Hot Wheels, "I think I'm gonna be sick" to which I vomited on the BeyBlades section) but had plenty Transformers $15 yikes, Star Wars figs and movie Batmin's w/the head exploding 5 points of articulation, Oh and multiple Thor Movie figs from here until next Thorsday. Any Joes were $12, Star Wars $12, Thor and an Half Nekids Wolverine FOC (Focked on Card, from the Wolverine Movie) those were $10.....At the local Walgreens, they had some Renegades figs SE, Ripcord and for once not a single Cobra Commander to be found and I'm okay w/that, I did see 2 General Hawks! but since I got hooked up on a Hawk already, I left them one had a FOC Cardback (it was severely bent) and the other seemed fine, also an POC Barbecue and POC Getaway Ski Weekend Cobra Commander, all of those figs were $10 apiece, and nope nadda on MoneyBags Destoy or any other Jungle Bats or Shock Troopers......Oh and we stopped by a Dollar General on the West Sigheed and they had the $6 Joes, I picked up an SE & SShadow for a my gf's son, they had almost the whole set but the Cobra Officer in Johnny Cashwear was gone already, I almost picked up Duke to lead my unit of Green Joes (ala TRU 5 pack vs FireF) but I left them leaderless for now, thats okay The Sarge will keep those plastic maggots in line......No Joes at Walmart......

I'd been itching to buy something lately (anything that looked cool would have done) but hadn't really seen anything that fit the bill. Got an e-mail from Toys R Us saying I had $5 in rewards cash so I figured I hit up the wasteland that is TRU after Christmas and see if anything caught my eye. Nothing really did, but when I got to the small Joe section they had no figures, a couple Sky Strikers, a red POC HISS and a couple Black Dragons. The Delta vehicles (HISS and Black Dragon) had the price lowered to $14.99, so I decided I'd get the BD since I never picked one up and with the five dollars in rewards cash I only paid $10 for it. After getting it home and putting it together I really don't see why so many people complained about it. Sure it's not "size accurate" but it's still a pretty nice toy. I like the design, the play features aren't bad and the pilot looks cool. Even during the Joe 80's heyday we got some pretty strange little aircraft (Vector or mudfighter anyone?). Heck even at fifteen this wouldn't have been too bad. Now at the $25 (or now $30 price point for Delta size at Target) it wouldn't be worth it, but I definitely got my $10 worth.

Went to my Comic Book Store to finish of my day. The Owner knows my weakness and always has awesome prices for his reg's....

SAM_0059.jpg

He always does discounts too, these were actually $5 a piece

SAM_0056.jpg?t=1358032953

He always gets some cool shiii.....I got this for $7 after discount....I need to open this and unload some Whupas$ on some Cobra Regulars......maybe I still have Bob the goon somewheres.....

• 3 weeks later...

After reading about someone finding the variant wave of Dollar Store figures at a Marshall's over at the Tank, I decided I would check at the sole Marshall's we have in town. Lucky me, they had a lone Orange Storm Shadow for $5. Since it was the only one I really wanted from the repaint wave I picked it up and looked high and low to see if I could find any other figures but no luck. So if you have a Marshall's in town you might want to check them out.

The new 3 packs are starting to show up at the Tergets around these parts.....they are very tempting but I'll have to hold off for now, Decembers toy binge is still hurting my wallet. They're priced at 19.99 there wasn't much else for the joes on the pegs....at Walmart, boyz toyz are all but non-exsistent unless your Spiderman, most of the pegs are chock full w/not even a whisper of Joes in sight.....

• 2 weeks later...

At one Walmart out of 6 that I went to I spotted the new Waves of Joes! but some lucky duck had been there, They had the New Roadblock, Cyber Ninja (he wasn't that impressive looking as I once thought), Flint and Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, the 3 Packs are out but just spotty right now. So at least I know the spice has begun to flow again......at Wally world they were $9, at Terget $10 and some of the targets still had the 1st waves of joes out on the pegs.......I did spot a Ninja Vamp? and of course the Hiss Tanks those were $31 ouch!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been out & aboot, nadda here but wave 1??? were moving backward I feel......walking down the aisles lately has been sad, at least next to the umpteen thousand Spiderman Toyz there's umpteen thousand Supermans Galore.....