GI Joe Toy Sightings

Jase

Just came from Wally and it looks like a new reset in the AF aisle (that's all I buy so I didn't check anything else). Modular sheets were still hanging and Joes are back, four pegs for figs but no vehicles. Anyway, pegs are empty...waiting on movie stuff I guess. I guess empty pegs are better than no pegs, at least there's hope. Good luck guys.

finally found the newest wave with Airtight, Lifeline, and Sci-Fi this morning at TARGET. They had a full case and 3 leftover arctic Destros.... I was stoked to find them, but not very happy to pay 8.99 each!

Am I the only one who never found a Zombie Viper? D:

Nah, I haven't found him anywhere either @grumpy@...its just him and Renegades Storm Shadow that I can't find.

Nah, I haven't found him anywhere either @grumpy@...its just him and Renegades Storm Shadow that I can't find.

Ah, classic Hasbro scenario. Overstock on crap no one wants so that the stuff we DO want never gets on the shelves.

1. Overstock on crap

2. never release good stuff

3. ???

4. PROFIT!

And then they sit and wonder why toys don't sell anymore >>

• 4 weeks later...

Heyyyyy I finally sighted Renegades Storm Shadow....he was hanging out in mah mailbox the whole time, it was all a horrible dream MON-TAAAHGE.......there I was in my unwashed manjammas, my pockets turned out, 7oclock shadow with coffee stained teeth, my wallet over filled with dollar bills waiting for Stormy, wondering and wandering through every backdrop of hellish commerce one can imagine, grand box stores filled to the brim with empty pegs of joes to shadowy time stand still Mom and Pops shops where mom and pops are nowhere to be found just some guy name Habib selling blackmarket knockoffs that make my debit card itch for Stormy or POC Hawk. Soooo last week I started perusing Amazon and made my deal with Scratch.......now the biggest decision is to open or not to open......Good Luck Hunters and Madmen I wish I could buy you all coke....

Just a quick heads up to everyone still looking for Zombie Vipers. My husband and I took a trip to the Raleigh / Durham area in North Carolina which involved driving from almost the furthest point west in NC all tha way down on I-40. We stopped at every TRU, Target, Walmart, Ross, Marshalls, Walgreens, and any other locale that looked like it might have toys. Both the TRU and Target in Hickory, NC had over five Zombie Vipers (at buy one get one half price), and Target had three at $7.99. Raleigh Walgreens on Wake Forest Road (or Avenue... I can't remember) had three as well. I also stopped at various other stores on the way back home and found that almost EVERY Walgreens had him. The TRU in Greensboro and Winston Salem also had a couple. Maybe that is the place to look right now. Just wanted to let you know... In case you have a Walgreens nearby. NOONE had Renegades Storm Shadow though. Hope I could help...

• 2 weeks later...

My buddy James knows a guy who owns a comic shop. He let me look through his loose vintage Joe stuff and this is what I found:

3 CG rifles

2 EELS V1 spearguns

Hydro-Viper speargun

Shipwreck pistol and hook thing

2 Zartan V1 pistols

Storm Shadow V1 shortsword and UNBROKEN bow!

Snake-Eyes V2 sword!

Heavy Metal pistol, completely unbroken (strap is perfect!)

Sky Patrol Airwave rifle, completely unbroken

Cobra Dragonuv rifle

Python Officer/Dragonuv rifle

Python Soldier rifle

Serpentor dagger

Ice-Viper dagger

Sgt Slaughter baton

Silver Interrogator rifle (Street Fighter)

Quick-Kick nunchucks and 2 swords

Grey Ripcord rifle from Tactical Battle Platform

Cobra Rifle Range blue Grunt and Airborne rifles

Mutt V1 MAC-11

Outback rifle, unbroken strap/perfect!

Snake-Eyes V3 blowgun

Frostbite rifle

Fridge football stick/mace/club thing

Silver Sgt Savage .30 cal Browning (perfect Kwinn weapon)

Cutter V3 rifle (black Barricade gun)

Also found a vintage SW Han Solo gun, a vintage Indiana Jones Cairo Swordsman scimitar, and 4 swords from Dragonriders of the Styx (2 scimitars, 2 Kris blades)

All this cost me a grand total of: 12 bucks. I was stoked to say the least. (Some of us still like vintage stuff! ;) )

My buddy James knows a guy who owns a comic shop. He let me look through his loose vintage Joe stuff and this is what I found:

3 CG rifles

2 EELS V1 spearguns

Hydro-Viper speargun

Shipwreck pistol and hook thing

2 Zartan V1 pistols

Storm Shadow V1 shortsword and UNBROKEN bow!

Snake-Eyes V2 sword!

Heavy Metal pistol, completely unbroken (strap is perfect!)

Sky Patrol Airwave rifle, completely unbroken

Cobra Dragonuv rifle

Python Officer/Dragonuv rifle

Python Soldier rifle

Serpentor dagger

Ice-Viper dagger

Sgt Slaughter baton

Silver Interrogator rifle (Street Fighter)

Quick-Kick nunchucks and 2 swords

Grey Ripcord rifle from Tactical Battle Platform

Cobra Rifle Range blue Grunt and Airborne rifles

Mutt V1 MAC-11

Outback rifle, unbroken strap/perfect!

Snake-Eyes V3 blowgun

Frostbite rifle

Fridge football stick/mace/club thing

Silver Sgt Savage .30 cal Browning (perfect Kwinn weapon)

Cutter V3 rifle (black Barricade gun)

Also found a vintage SW Han Solo gun, a vintage Indiana Jones Cairo Swordsman scimitar, and 4 swords from Dragonriders of the Styx (2 scimitars, 2 Kris blades)

All this cost me a grand total of: 12 bucks. I was stoked to say the least. (Some of us still like vintage stuff! ;) )

Wow! Sounds like you really lucked up! My husband and I are still bigger fans of the vintage figures. I paid $15 for a Sgt. Slaughter baton a few weeks ago on Ebay. If you come across the vintage Snow Serpent accessories, keep me in mind. I bought one that just had a backpack and one snow shoe. The figure is mint as can be, but I need to rest of his stuff.

Wow! Sounds like you really lucked up! My husband and I are still bigger fans of the vintage figures. I paid $15 for a Sgt. Slaughter baton a few weeks ago on Ebay. If you come across the vintage Snow Serpent accessories, keep me in mind. I bought one that just had a backpack and one snow shoe. The figure is mint as can be, but I need to rest of his stuff.

Wow, $15 for a Slaughter baton? That's sucks. I mean, I know it's probably worth that, but I've gotten more frugal (read 'tight-assed'/'cheap', or however you want to put it) since the whole economic downturn.

I know what you mean about Snow-Serps. I've cobbled together about 8 or 9 of them, but only 1 is complete. Snowshoes are the HTF bits with those, as well as unbroken parachutes.

(I'll keep you guys in mind, though :) )

Wow, $15 for a Slaughter baton? That's sucks. I mean, I know it's probably worth that, but I've gotten more frugal (read 'tight-assed'/'cheap', or however you want to put it) since the whole economic downturn.

I know what you mean about Snow-Serps. I've cobbled together about 8 or 9 of them, but only 1 is complete. Snowshoes are the HTF bits with those, as well as unbroken parachutes.

Man, I'm in need of the Python Patrol Dragonuv riffle if you don't need it :)

Ebay already has 46 G.I. Joe: Retaliation figures listed from all over... Don't know if it's true or not but sellers are listing that Trooper and Zartan are one per case.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finally found the Zombie-Viper today at a Walmart quite aways from home :D which only leaves the Renegades Storm Shadow left.

Man, I'm in need of the Python Patrol Dragonuv riffle if you don't need it :)

Sorry, Bro. Dragonuvs are something I can never find enough of. Still have 23 Blueshirts and 3 PP Officers that need them. Snow-Serps I'm gonna quit when I can complete 10 (not as easy as it sounds. I have trouble find any that are worth a damn, condition-wise {loose, yellowed, broken thumbs/crotches, etc.})

Might just surrender my one good one and donate it to Aire's display! :D (J/K. Honestly, none of us will ever catch up to this dear lady! {unless Trump ever decides he wants to collect G.I. Joes...})

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Late to the party, but I picked up a Skystriker yesterday at Target for $17.50. Had been wanting one but just didn't think I really had the space for it (as a matter of fact I know I don't) but at that price. Really a beautiful toys. Hasbro really went all out on this thing and if they just put this kind of thought and effort into Joe as a whole I think everyone would enjoy this line a lot more. Now to find a couple hours to apply all the stickers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Mr Nobody kewl finds sir...right now you are the lone tumbleweed rotating through the parched desert that is current Joe sightings. THe pegs are dry cept for a glimpse of Arctic Destroy on a peg or two in the Walgreens toy sections. Sometimes I still find Rise of Cobra joes at some of the time machine toy sections in other box stores, usually Destro or Baroness with her overglossed paintjob & fugly face (cool accessories though, but usually at 8$ a pop?whaaaat (joe dirt what)). I did happen to snag upa Snow Trooper (TRU ethclusive w/camo paint job) and an extra Crimson Viper w/candy cane snake (those snake remind me of the snakes that came w/Yoda oh so long ago), & a ROC Cobra Para-viper all for 5$ a piece. Some Dudes here are reporting that they've seen, tagged & bagged a POC Hawk and Jungle BAT in the wild, soooo I'm gonna make my rounds if I can manage to convince my friends tomorrow that I must use ere CVS/Walgreens baffroom in the east valley area..........keep your eyes open hunters the Dollar General Joes are back, I found the whole set but just bought SS & SE.......

I hold my breath for the weekends, mostly for Sundays and the fooseball. Sometimes the real magick is Saturday mornings. I've been on a garage sale kick for so long I'm sure that I've only missed maybe a handfull of weekends since I became a die-hard again. I go thru phases of burnout tired giveadamn and then after I find something really kool, a man possessed. Last year I found the "General" & "Crusader" (very used mind you) for a $1 for both! Few months prior to that I found a "Whale" for fitee cent (50 cents). I'm still putting the "Whale" back together as it was missing parts galore. After finding that and more on my hunts I'm hooked and I'm lucky that my GF is a die-hard as well as we enable each others when it comes to getting up b4 the buttcrack of dawn and trudging out into the simmering heat to dig thru the lives of strangers. Justa driveways full of space to tell the story of loved ones passed on, or pre-moves to distant places where they know of snow shoveled driveways and imitation mexican food. I've picked up handfulls of Sigma 6 joes all in used states of being and 80s joes by the quarter loads, which is awesome. Well by now my family (sis, gf or moms, cause they are the only ones who can drag me outta bed that early on a saturday) knows what to look for when we roll up to a spread of after market goods, its a great feeling knowing that when it comes to prices anything is possible, especially when the seller is tired of stuff (toyz) taking up their space. Long story even longer, I was parking the cahh (car) and my sis from afar starts jumping up and down, telling me to get my A$s in gear. I hurry over and to my suprise theres a GI Joe "Defiant" almost complete in all its massive playset glory! The 2 shuttles are mainly intact and the Main shell is a lil worse for wear but still in great shape, lotsa turrets missing. Butt theres like 20$ price tags on each individual piece. Also right next to it is a heavily Skeletonized Terrordrome and Ewok Village, each w/$20 on them as well. So I don't usually carry anymore than 20$ to a sale 40 if I'm feeling like I'm rich. So I gotta force my hand and work outta deal at least for the whole "Defiant", I've never even seen one of these before mind you, so I'm trying to contain myself. haha So the lady walks over seeing my interest, "I wanted to sell it for $375, but I don't like dealing w/ebay" is the 1st thing I hear. I remark that the three pieces of the 2 shuttles & Base actually go together as a whole setup and she tells me to name a price for the whole thing. In my head I'm thinking I can't spend more than 40 but all I have is 20 on me. She says shes thinking maybe not to sell so I ask here if she has the box? and that theres a lot of pieces missing, not to mention the small cracks in the body shell. If I owned it I wouldn't sell it unless I had to buy a kidney I tell her. "We don't have the box & it is very used......Well we need the money and I don't want to lug it around anymore, & my husband doesn't want it anymore so howzabout $20 for all of it?", even the other (motioning to the terrordrome). I almost Peed my pants. I gave her the money (hands shaking) as my sis and gf are talking to me about other deals on stuff there, I can hear nothing but my heart beating and the world goes quiet, haha I can't think straight or fathom how lucky I am. Crom really really likes me. I have a terrordrome already (bought it at phx comiccon over the summer, so I left it behind, it was really nothing but a shell so I told her she should prolly sell it in parts online). I pick up the massive set dropping peices everywhere like an idiot who wants it too much. I drop it 2 (not too hard though) times on the way back to the car.........my next thought is the car is really compact, how the hell am I going to fit it into a trunk that already has alot of g-sale stuff in it? sooo the "Defiant" had to ride biaatch in-between my moms and gf in the backseat. My new used computer is not letting me download pics onto it. So when I do get over my computer handicap I will post pics of it...........also found more sigma 6 joes later that day as well. Sometimes the lil big guys get lucky and I'm truly blessed as I never had any really kewl stuff like this when I was small (was I ever small?). Sooo if anyone wants to come over and play haha I'm carefully raising up the platform and counting down liftoff right now......keep your eyes open hunters and madmen the real koool finds are out there..........I do believe..........22566-049.gif

• Like 1