GI Joe Toy Sightings

Jase

im still looking for a clear wraith

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

found a bunch of hall of heroes figs at TRU expresses. $4.97 each. Got Flint, Snake Eyes (the one w/o the wolf; they had the one with the wolf, but the package was messed up and I already have that fig anyway...just not in HoH packagin), and Zartan.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hey just thought i would let everyone know...Toys r us is having a sale on ROC vehicles. The smaller vehicles (alpha?) are 7.98 and the medium size (bravo?) are 9.99 .Well actually they are having a sale on all ROC stuff except the action figures.I picked up steel crusher A.P.V. for 9.99 not really into the ROC stuff but the vehicles look pretty good.Plus i think it would look really sweet having CC,Destro and Baroness posed like they are getting out of it.I hope all the doors open on it and not just the front two,we shall see.Wishing someone will pick up all those mole pods, I am nauseous from seeing them everywhere,haha.

Jacksonville, FL

Went to ROSS today and scored a Cobra FURY. They had 5 Sand Serpents and 2 H.I.S.S tanks.

Can you pick me up a Sand Serpent.I would love to at least see one.The Ross stores in my area suck.I am also looking for the Jungle Terror gun at least 2 of them.

Are there any Canadian collectors here, who have seen Pursuit wave 3 coming into Walmarts in the last few days?

The Joe pegs at my local Walmart have been bare for a week and I'm wondering it that's because all the wave 3's are done and the next ones they get in will be wave 4.

I have seriously been stopping by Walmart every morning before work or school to see if they have more Shock Troopers and they must think I am effin insane by now.

Sidenote: I recently found and purchased a complete U.S.S Flagg with box. BOO YEAH! Sorry, I'm just really proud of my purchase. I'm gonna try to display pictures after I complete my 25th collection and get the appropriate vehicles... which may be a while.

Are there any Canadian collectors here, who have seen Pursuit wave 3 coming into Walmarts in the last few days?

The Joe pegs at my local Walmart have been bare for a week and I'm wondering it that's because all the wave 3's are done and the next ones they get in will be wave 4.

I have seriously been stopping by Walmart every morning before work or school to see if they have more Shock Troopers and they must think I am effin insane by now.

Sidenote: I recently found and purchased a complete U.S.S Flagg with box. BOO YEAH! Sorry, I'm just really proud of my purchase. I'm gonna try to display pictures after I complete my 25th collection and get the appropriate vehicles... which may be a while.

I bought a Shock Trooper and a Wave 3 Snake Eyes at a prairie province Walmart just this last week....these being restocks onto bare pegs--so restocks are taking place.

Don't limit your searches to just Walmart, as Zellers have been stocking POC for a couple of months now. They seem to get mixed cases in too--as Jungle Viper and Recondos have been sighted alongside Shock Troopers and others.

• Like 1

Found my 3rd Alley Viper at Target today. Looks like they raised the prices up to $7.99. :( Also saw the wave 1 CC that I haven't seen since it first came out.

yeah, i found an alley viper and was surprised to see the new price, what the hell? good thing i found my shock troopers before the target price hike. sheesh!

Found my 3rd Alley Viper at Target today. Looks like they raised the prices up to $7.99. :( Also saw the wave 1 CC that I haven't seen since it first came out.

yeah, i found an alley viper and was surprised to see the new price, what the hell? good thing i found my shock troopers before the target price hike. sheesh!

BTW, Walmart in Canada still have Joes priced at $7.92. Vehicles are $18.92 and $26-and change.......

Do not know if we will see a price hike here.

Thanks, Arrow. Yeah, I actually went to a Zellers a couple days ago and they had a couple wave 4 Dukes on the shelf. I was cussing like crazy in my head when I realized I should have checked Zellers. Seems like it's only Zellers and Walmart carrying them in Canada. Anywhere else I've gone has nothing but discount ROC figures. I swear, ROC has ruined Joe collecting here. Even Toys R Us doesn't wanna carry G.I.Joes anymore!

Thanks, Arrow. Yeah, I actually went to a Zellers a couple days ago and they had a couple wave 4 Dukes on the shelf. I was cussing like crazy in my head when I realized I should have checked Zellers. Seems like it's only Zellers and Walmart carrying them in Canada. Anywhere else I've gone has nothing but discount ROC figures. I swear, ROC has ruined Joe collecting here. Even Toys R Us doesn't wanna carry G.I.Joes anymore!

Don't forget to check your collectible/comic books stores too. There's bound to be fair ones that will not hike the price up too high.

One of my local stores has all the POC Joes marked up to just $9.99, which is not bad. I have heard of some stores up here that mark up the desired figures to around $19.99 <choke>.

Also, do check out any local on-line dealers too--in my area a relatively new dealer, who I have made person-to-person transactions with, has most of the latest POC waves.

If you are just unable to find the stuff, check out Hub City Toys.

If you gotta stick with major retail.....Zellers, Walmart........London Drugs, Canadian Superstore....big chains like that MIGHT all carry this stuff over time. Even smaller retail chains like Pharmasave, True Value Hardware, and Home Hardware have been known to stock small amounts of current toys like Joes--IF they have a small toy aisle.

If your travels take you by stores like these, and you have time then do check them out. I have found that is where the small treasure troves are often found.

I have found everything current in my local area, up to and including Wave 4.

I live in a prairie city (I'm in Saskatchewan, which narrows it down some) which has a modestly diverse collecting community, and thus only modest competition. I do not search constantly, maybe once every 7-10 days, and yet I still stumble across stuff, and even then I'm NOT searching extensively.

Try some of the suggestions above, and try some places around you that might be a bit further afield and see what results you get.

Good luck.

Good luck.

Thanks again, Arrow. Yeah, I've tried all the comic shops, but the ones that still carry G.I. Joes are at wave 4. I managed to get 3 shock troopers for 12 each at a comic shop and an additional 6 from Walmart. Also waiting for 8 that I ordered from ebay.

Very choked because I just missed a restock at Walmart today and all the troopers were gone by the time I got there. The first morning I don't get a chance to check and they finally bring more in!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...