GI Joe Toy Sightings

Jase

The wife just found wave 8 at my local Wally (Ardmore, OK).

I got lucky today....beat all scalpers to WM. Not the norm here but I found Wave 7 and 8. As well as Wave 4 Comic Packs. Picked up 1 of each of Wave 8 and Comic Packs. Hope it is this easy with Wave 9 cause Wave 1 thru 7 was impossiable to find.

Well, after a long hiatus of not grabbing any new Joe stuff I finally splurged this week and got...

Destro/Breaker comic pack

Crimson Twins comic pack

Ace/Wild Weasel comic pack

Dreadnock comic pack

Scarface/Fred comic pack

A.W.E Striker

Night Specter

TRU 3-pack with Duke, Grunt, Hawk

Rock n' Roll

Snake Eyes v3

Viper x 3

HISS Driver x 2

Wild Bill

Spirit

Duke w/ Jetpack

Tiger Force Flint

Cartoon Baroness

Cartoon Cobra Commander

Major Bludd

Arctic gear Snake-Eyes

Python Patrol Officer

Roadblock v2

Phew...

Just need IG Destro, Snow Job, Torpedo, Battle Armor Cobra Commander, Target HISS, and Wave 4 comic packs to be up to date.

Anyone know if those singles are still shipping at all or am I SOL?

I found the latest wave with the cartoon Baroness @ Toys R Us on 5/23/08 in Concord NH. Only 1 of each figure on the pegs. They have the smallest section for GI*JOE. I mean, it's a frickin TOY STORE!!! Anyone remember the 80's when there used to be a HUGE section for GI*JOE?

Found the new wave of Joes at the Clearview Target last night in Metairie La

I bought

Roadblock

Arctic Snake Eyes

Python Officer

Baroness

Major Blood (x2)

I did not like the Tiger Force Flint or the new Cobra Commander so I left them.

BTW the pegs were full and they still had at least 3 of each figure on the pegs.

No new 2 packs though (Really want that copperhead pack)..

This is depressing... either that or I am just impatient. I covered my 'local' area today - 5 Walmarts, 3 Targets, and 2 Toys r Us'. Out of all those, only one Walmart had remains of 7 (SE and Viper) and one TrU had remains of 8 (Roadblock, Major Bludd, and Flint TF). While I am happy I got something out of hte day, I figure that's a lot of store that did not have ANYTHING!

On a happier note, seeing as how everyone is disappointed in Bludd, I gotta say, I don't mind him and his lame arm. Sure, it's odd they did that, but playing with and posing him did not get hampered much by it.

I'm just going to chalk this day up to hoping it's the beginning, and soon there'll be full stock everywhere!

WTF?!? Where did you go to net all that at once???

Well, I got all of the singles (aside from RnR) and the comic packs at one Wal-Mart. Nothing on the pegs, but I spotted two cases of Wave 3 and one of Wave 4. I had an employee pop all 3 for me. I took the best versions of Wave 3 (aside from all of the Vipers and HISS Drivers) and the entire case of Wave 4.

Just happened to be at the right place at the right time. And it was my first time at that Wal-Mart. Usually, that one isn't in my local search area.

I saw wave 8 at Target today in upstate NY, minus TF Flint. I passed on them though. I was thinking about buying Artic Snake Eyes and Major Bludd, but I'm not a fan of the Bludd/Zartan reuse, and the SE had a sloppy paint job.

Bring on wave 9!

Alright! Stop & Shop finally comes through! Found all of wave 8 at the grocery store (for those not in the area). They must have just restocked the pegs. And the bonus is, they still have them at the old price level ($5.99)! So if your're still looking, make sure to check out Stop & Shop if you have one near you. And you don't even have to spend more on gas, 'cause you're probably grocery shopping anyway! (The one I was at was Forestville (Bristol))

Hit a local Target and they have the Joe Exclusives on clearance for $6 and some change. Had 3 of each, and this store has been empty of them for well over a month. Must have been in the back as some of the boxes were beat up.

Hit a local Target and they have the Joe Exclusives on clearance for $6 and some change. Had 3 of each, and this store has been empty of them for well over a month. Must have been in the back as some of the boxes were beat up.

I had all but wriiten those off as gone but not forgotten. My area saw them the one time they were released, and never again! Does anyone else still have Targets that have these in stock?

Oh man, what a great price! I would have definitely picked them up at that amount. Also while searching for comic pack wave 4 (Copperhead especially) I snagged Artic Snake Eyes...it's quite a cool figure. The gem of wave 8 IMO.

found all 3 of the new comic packs today

• 2 weeks later...

Found wave 9 this morning at my local Wal*Mart in Ardmore, OK.

I got them on sunday night at walmart again

found the 12 inch figures tonight at walamrt.....pics to come

Looks like wave 9 has hit CT. Found Hawk at Newington TrU. Wild Bill, too, but I don't know if that's a filler for the wave or leftover from a previous wave. Those were the only two figs there, so someone obviously got to them before me. Still, it's the first sign, so the hunt begins anew!

The vehicle sets arrived at the TRU off of Kingston Pike in Knoxville, TN today. They had two cases. I'm glad they included figure stands for the vehicle drivers.

On a side note: I was a little disappointed in the paint job on the Tele-Viper which comes with the Cobra Flight Pod set. It just seemed a little messy to me ... but I'm glad I got one anyway.