GI Joe Toy Sightings

Jase

just picked up red Ninja, firefly and Zartan and the Kay Bee toys in greensburg, pa. I still left plenty of Wave 3 there. The toys r us near by had most of wave 2, a friend picked up shipwreck and lady jaye.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got wave 2 minus the trooper thanks to a friend. :) I would say I like these better than wave 3 over all. But still slightly behind wave 1. LJ rocks, and I was so expecting to not like her after all the whinning about her head, don't see it.

Draven

On a whim to get cheap Halloween candy I stopped in the local K-mart on Friday (11/03) and there was a whole case of wave 3 just sitting on the pegs. I'd say it was just hung, but since no one goes to K-mart anymore it could have been there for days.

I picked up a Zartan to keep carded (no sticker), and a red ninja.

After searching 3 Wal-Marts, 2 Targets and on my second Toys R Us store today, I finally found all of wave 3 and the Cobra Legions 5-pack at an Oklahoma City TRU. I got the last of the wave 3 figures and legions pack they had.

• 2 weeks later...

got wave 4 today at walmart

-gungho

-cc

-destro

-jet pack trooper

-scarlet

-duke

-roadblock

-stormshadow

lmk if u want pics

got wave 4 today at walmart

-gungho

-cc

-destro

-jet pack trooper

-scarlet

-duke

-roadblock

-stormshadow

lmk if u want pics

I think thats the first sighting of wave 4 ive heard of. Not that I don't believe you, but pics would be nice. Thanks

Welp, seems there are punks outright stealing figures from the packs now:

punks.jpg

But what was the point of this?? @haha@

what.jpg

These were the only two single packs left. If the person wanted the hooded CC instead of the masked, why didn't he just.. buy the masked? :rolleyes: He wanted the card from the masked but the hooded figure to go with it? :blink:

I actually ended up buying this masked CC because he was one of the ones I wanted anyway, but this kinda stuff is still just irritating and ruining it for other fans (to say nothing of the stolen Snake Eyes from the 5-pack) especially when I drive 15 mi each way only to find stuff like this.

BTW, this was at the Union City Wal-Mart in the SF Bay Area, and the culprit has long dark brown hair, at least 7" long. (Yes, sir. You were kind enough to leave a strand of it as evidence caught almost entirely inside the blister. B)

• 2 weeks later...
Why does my Zartan have a green face? Does it color change into the regular one?

Some of the Zartans' (so I have heard) have a broken color change face. It is supposed to change back.

I found CC and SE single carded at a Walmart in Louisiana last night... Chazz, you better not come snatch up my wave 4 and 5 Joes before I do @loll@

• 2 weeks later...

Found all of Wave 1 of the comic packs. Only grabbed the Hawk/Scarlett 2-pack. Hawk looks really good except the gloves instead of bare hands (and no one to swap out with as of yet) and the fact that he has the 3-pack comic filecard from 2005 instead of his original v1 filecard. He's supposed to be an 0-6 and a Missle Commander not an 0-8 Major General.

Last night was my first time out looking for any new Joes since Christmas. I haven't seen any of Wave 4 or 5 yet, but found Wave 1 of the Comic Packs last night at Target in Lafayette, IN. Picked up Hawk/Scarlett and SS/SE. Both had the Doc Points inside still.. glad I didn't get ripped off like I'm hearing some of you have.

Hawk looks good, and Scarlett isn't too bad, but I wish they had put somebody else in instead of her. They could've combined Hawk and Breaker into one pack and left out Purple-boots Destro and Crayola Scarlett... As far as SS/SE goes, Snakes is pretty cool in blue, but SS pretty much sucks.

NERD-VIPER: I'm from the Lafayette area and haven't seen Wave 4/5. I managed to get a few of Wave 4 from HTS before Christmas, so I'm really just keeping an eye out for the Air Trooper and Wave 5. Where is LaFontaine in relationship to Lafayette?