GI Joe Toy Sightings

Jase

Lots of new finds in MD today!

Today was a moderately good day for Joe collecting in MD! :)

Early today, while I was checking out the Wal*Mart in Ellicott City, MD & finding nothing, an email came into my BlackBerry. It was a topic reply notification from another Joe forum that I'm a member of, alerting me to a reply on the MD sightings thread at said forum! Another collector reported that he'd JUST been at the Arundel Mills Wal*Mart on his lunch break, and had found a complete case of 25th Anniversary 5-packs on the shelf, containing 1 Joe pack and 2 Cobra packs! He bought 1 of each, leaving 1 Cobra pack behind! I hopped in my car, and made a beeline for said Wal*Mart, getting there just in time to grab the remaining Cobra 5-pack! ^_^

After that, I checked the following stores, with results as follows:

• Arundel Mills KB Toys: They had a COMPLETE CASE of single-carded figures on the hook at about 3 PM, the first KB store I've seen these at! Price is a whopping $6.99 each, though. Sadly, their case was exactly like the one I found at TRU last Wednesday... all 3 Snake Eyes had Grey Timbers, there was no Black Timber variant! What's up with that?!? Every time I find a complete case of 25th Anniversary single-carded figures, there's no variant Snake Eyes!!! It's REALLY getting on my nerves!!! @soap@
  • Ellicott City Sears Grand (formerly K-Mart): At about 5 o'clock, they had 2 Snake Eyes (both w/ Grey Timber, naturally @rolleye@ ) and 1 Storm Shadow on the hook. I'm going to have to start hitting this store earlier in the week, 'cause I keep missing out on catching the entire case on the hooks. :(
  • Columbia Wal*Mart: Nothing to see here, not even any tagged hooks or shelves indicating that they've received these yet.

That's today's report from MD. Tomorrow morning, I'll be hitting the one store that seems to be consistent about restocking these first thing Wed. mornings, in the hopes that I can catch the elusive Snake Eyes w/ Black Timber variant! If I have no luck there, the hunt will, of course, continue. ;)

Happy hunting, everyone! :D

It's good to see Wal-Mart finally getting them nationwide, as it seems. The local Boardman TRU in Ohio restocked the singles today but only had SS and Snake Eyes and no 5-packs.
Well, considering that only 1 Wal*Mart in Maryland has been found to have these so far, I find it likely that the stores that got them in this week are still part of the limited "Christmas in July" release that Wal*Mart's been doing since the end of June to test these at retail. <_<

Now, mind you, that's just my theory, I could be wrong... and frankly, I hope I AM! I'd love to see these hit ALL the Wal*Marts NOW, in large enough quantities that I can EASILY find the Snake Eyes variant w/ Black timber, as that's now the only figure from this wave that I need. ;)

If you dont want to believe me fine I dont care...go waist your gas driving to these places to find nothing......I was just trying to pass on info to you guys about what Target and Walmart told me. I know for a fact when I walk into Target that Sunday morning there going to be there....must be nice to have all that money for gas....but whatever....Im done here.

I wouldn't take it so personal. I think the issue that's being missed, is not that you don't know what you're talking about, or that you're wrong or anything, but with the nature of the community here, if somebody guarantees something will be on the shelves on a certain date, and then (for whatever reason) that doesn't happen as it was stated it WOULD, all hell breaks loose and some poor guy who made the claim, with a SPECIFIC date, gets all beat to hell and discredited for life. @lol@

I just think a few are are trying to spare you that, and add something of a added note (or warning) that if by chance they AREN'T on the shelves on the 5th, don't blow a gasket, as sometimes it's just a matter of each particular store, not meeting scheduled restock dates, or at least something to that affect? ;)

It's cool, don't be mad at anyone for trying to relay that added note for a little buffer if you will.

I think what needs to be kept in mind is that at some point, these things are going to be readily available on the shelves and you will be able to walk in at leisure and buy them. it is funny that the collector psyche is so obsessed with new toys that they actually forget this with every single toy release. here is collector behavior is 5 easy steps:

1. search high and low for new toys - waste valuable time and money.

2. complain they can't find new toys

3. finally find new toys.

4. weeks later new toys clog the shelves.

5. bored with new toys that are now easy to find, fan complains that same new toy he wasted his time searching for is clogging the pegs and when is new product coming.

but the collector is so obsessed with steps 1-3 that he forgets that he will have to endure 4 and 5. or he could eliminate steps 1-3 and smply buy at 4, which is what spacemonkeymafia is trying to pass on will occur - albeit on a specific date, in which 5 ceases to be a big deal. that is true collector contentness. #US1#

Thanks man.....

You know on said note.....this really reminds me of the "So-Called" hard to find Scorth Figure from the "Star Wars" Saga Legends line.....He was so hard to find because these "Gotta Have Him Now" Fanboys would snatch him up. He was priced $25 at 4 local comic shops. When a few months later he was a pretty bad shelf warmer.

It's good to see Wal-Mart finally getting them nationwide, as it seems. The local Boardman TRU in Ohio restocked the singles today but only had SS and Snake Eyes and no 5-packs.
Well, considering that only 1 Wal*Mart in Maryland has been found to have these so far, I find it likely that the stores that got them in this week are still part of the limited "Christmas in July" release that Wal*Mart's been doing since the end of June to test these at retail. <_<

Now, mind you, that's just my theory, I could be wrong... and frankly, I hope I AM! I'd love to see these hit ALL the Wal*Marts NOW, in large enough quantities that I can EASILY find the Snake Eyes variant w/ Black timber, as that's now the only figure from this wave that I need. ;)

Joesightings has had a lot of listings for the figures in the last day or two.

I Finally found the gi joe 5 pack from toysrus in new orleans, just 1 though. I checked this store a few days ago and there was nothing.

After 3 straight weeks of looking, 1 shows up.

After all the hype, im kinda dissapointed in the figures, but thats another story. ...at least now i wont be so eager and check stores everyday...ill just wait till they stock up.

More misadventures in MD

My findings today:

1. Glen Burnie Toys "R" Us: For the first week since these hit MD, they did NOT receive a shipment of 25th Anniversary product today! I drove up there for NOTHING! VERY upset with TRU the last week or so! :angry:

2. Annapolis Mall KB Toys: This evening, I checked their Joe section, and they HAD received a shipment of single-carded figures. But of course, I was too late. All that was left: 1 Snake Eyes. <_<

3. Annapolis TRU: Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero.

4. Edgewater K-Mart (Route 2 & Central Ave): Again, I was too late to catch the single-carded figures right after they hit the hooks. So you know what that means. Say it with me people: 1 Snake Eyes, 1 Storm Shadow. Yee-ha. :mellow:

5. Crofton K-Mart: They had NOTHING! :(

6. Bowie KB Toy Works (Route 301, next to Wal*Mart): My timing sucked today all around. Someone else beat me to the shipment yet again, leaving only 1 each of Flint, Storm Shadow, and Snake Eyes. Good news is I was there about 5-10 minutes before they closed and there was no one else in the store. So if you want any of these figures, be there at the stroke of 10 AM, when they open. ;)

7. Bowie Wal*Mart: I've been avoiding this Wal*Mart, because it's easily one of the trashiest in the area. But I took a chance, since I was hitting the Toy Works anyway. Shouldn't have bothered. Goose Egg. 0. Null points. Nada. Zilch. You get the idea.

Don't know if I'll bother looking any more this week. Depends what else I have going on. <_<

And I apologize for the lateness of my report today. I had a job interview this afternoon down in Virginia. That took a big chunk out of my day. :mellow:

If you dont want to believe me fine I dont care...go waist your gas driving to these places to find nothing......I was just trying to pass on info to you guys about what Target and Walmart told me. I know for a fact when I walk into Target that Sunday morning there going to be there....must be nice to have all that money for gas....but whatever....Im done here.

I wouldn't take it so personal. I think the issue that's being missed, is not that you don't know what you're talking about, or that you're wrong or anything, but with the nature of the community here, if somebody guarantees something will be on the shelves on a certain date, and then (for whatever reason) that doesn't happen as it was stated it WOULD, all hell breaks loose and some poor guy who made the claim, with a SPECIFIC date, gets all beat to hell and discredited for life. @lol@

I just think a few are are trying to spare you that, and add something of a added note (or warning) that if by chance they AREN'T on the shelves on the 5th, don't blow a gasket, as sometimes it's just a matter of each particular store, not meeting scheduled restock dates, or at least something to that affect? ;)

It's cool, don't be mad at anyone for trying to relay that added note for a little buffer if you will.

I think what needs to be kept in mind is that at some point, these things are going to be readily available on the shelves and you will be able to walk in at leisure and buy them. it is funny that the collector psyche is so obsessed with new toys that they actually forget this with every single toy release. here is collector behavior is 5 easy steps:

1. search high and low for new toys - waste valuable time and money.

2. complain they can't find new toys

3. finally find new toys.

4. weeks later new toys clog the shelves.

5. bored with new toys that are now easy to find, fan complains that same new toy he wasted his time searching for is clogging the pegs and when is new product coming.

but the collector is so obsessed with steps 1-3 that he forgets that he will have to endure 4 and 5. or he could eliminate steps 1-3 and smply buy at 4, which is what spacemonkeymafia is trying to pass on will occur - albeit on a specific date, in which 5 ceases to be a big deal. that is true collector contentness. #US1#

Heh, I was thinking the same thing. I mentioned in a post earlier in this thread that I had found them at K-mart.

But I figured, I can wait and save like $1.30 per figure until they come out, well, anywhere else.

The most interesting thing in all this dicussion is just how SMALL they are.

I know, it may sound bizarre to say that, but after seeing all the pics of them here at TNI, the figures being enlarged in the pics, they just seemed so much...bigger.

But now after finding them, it's like, "oh, yeah, their only 4 inches tall".

Well, I did do a little looking in Maryland today, so here's what I found (or didn't, in some cases):

• Toys "R" Us in Columbia, MD: They don't usually seem to get any new figures on Thursdays, but I decided to look anyway, just in case. Waste of time, nothing new.

• Wal*Mart in Columbia: Still nothing yet, not even on the pallets of new stock.

• South Glen Burnie/Pasadena K-Mart (Route 2 & Jumpers Hole Rd): I felt drawn to G.B. this evening for some reason, I guess you could say my "Collector Sense" was tingling. ;) But this K-Mart still hadn't gotten anything new this week, so I decided to continue looking elsewhere in Glen Burnie.

• Glen Burnie Wal*Mart (Ordinance Rd): Checked this Wally World, because they're usually one of the first in the area to get the hot new toys. Sadly, no 25th Anniversary products on the shelves, or on the pallets. <_<

• Glen Burnie K-Mart (Route 2, across the street from Best Buy): SCOOORE!!!!! :D At about 9:10, nearly an hour before they close, I got to the aisle, and found a hook full of single-carded 25th Anniversary figures! Except it looked like one figure was missing from the assortment, meaning that another collector (or scalper) had beat me to the aisle! Prepared for the worst, I calmly looked through all the figures, taking stock of what was there. One WAS gone... a Snake Eyes with GREY Timber! THE FOOL LEFT BEHIND THE SNAKE EYES WITH BLACK TIMBER!! YESSSSS!!!! VICTORY IS MINE!!!!! @bounce@ Sorry, still a little excited over finally finding the Snake Eyes chase figure! ^_^ His card was curled on the side and at the top, and the bubble was a little scuffed, but at least I now have Snake Eyes w/ Black Timber. My 25th Anniversary Wave 1 collection is now complete! And I left behind 1 of every figure, and 2 of Storm Shadow! :)

Happy hunting, everyone. Yo Joe! ^_^

I found the a case of the 25th at the Walmart in Athens,Alabama.So,draven they sould be coming to Auburn.It was nice to see these in the wild.TRU had nothing.They did get the Snake eyes with the power amor that thing is huge and 2 of the adventure figures:Recondo and Storm shadow.

KB Toys in Four Seasons Mall, Greensboro NC. They had all of Wave 1 of the single cards. I scored the only Flint, Cobra Officer and Cobra Commander. There was still several Stormies and Snake Eyes when I left, including one Snake Eyes w/ Black Timber.

Man after 2-3 months of going to walmart here in miami my brother finally found them at Walmart... #US1#

DSC03290.jpg

DSC03289.jpg

DSC03288.jpg

The local K-Mart in Boardman, OH finally got everything in and I picked up CC, Flint, Cobra Officer, and the Joe set, which makes everything for me. They only got a case of the singles and like 3 sets, so I came at just the right time. I also got the last October Guard comic pack that TRU had today. In terms of Joes, today rocked for me except me missing out on the PDD on HTS.com.

Well was all over LA (California) today TRU, Kmart, Target and not ONE GI Joe..... Then Went to the Culver City and nothing but the 2 VIPER 6 Pack and I got one of them... the box is slightly damaged, but not that bad...for me, a great find as my son can have ready Cobra Force..... when he is ready for Joe's...but as for Joe's out here in the West side....THere is nothing....

The single packs have hit KBs in Puerto Rico now, at a whopping $7.99 each. I haven't checked TRU yet, but as far as KB and K-Mart go, still no sign of the multipacks. Good thing I only had Flint to pick up, as I bought the others in Atlanta last week.

Well I have been hunting for TF for the past month and my wife would help but, but now she is fully on board with the Joes and was all over LA County and San Fernando Valley Targets and Kmarts...and not onw Joe AGAIN.... but we may end up shopping online as its proving to be cheaper with all the gas we are using up...

wOOt! Stopped in at Kmart again today and scored the last boxset they had....a Cobra set! Figures that I didn't check there yesterday and that's when they got them in. <_<

So now all I need is the Wave 1 Snake Eyes and the Joe boxset. I was happy to see that Kmart was charging $24.99....I figured they would be charging $49.64. @loll@

Went to Torrenc and Hawthrone TRU and NADA but Sigma Sutff and Viper Set..... and over the past three days across three TRU I have purchased 3 of these sets (1 at each store leaving one or more behind for fellow Army Builders).......but I may have take them back I am going broke and finding ebay to have army builder sellers for a little better price...Also went to Kmart in Torrence and nothing...

Start checking Targets. Saw all the singles and 3 of the 5 packs today at the Target in Buckhead (Atlanta). I already found them at TRU a couple of weeks ago so i didn't pick any up but they are there.