GI Joe Toy Sightings

Jase

any reports in Ohio?

I'm in/around southeastern Ohio and haven't seen anything, but I believe Viper Hunter posted somewhere in this thread that he'd found them all. I think he's in Columbus.

wOOt! Found 4 of the 5 single packs at Kmart today! Snake Eyes was MIA. Seeing those cards was just an intense feeling of nostalgia! I think they look great but for the first time in my collecting "career", I'm not sure if I want to open them! :o

Might have to buy doubles.......

Both boxsets and singles finally showwed up at TRU here in Wichita. Figures since I didn't check yesterday they would get them. But I did manage to get a single Cobra Officer and a Cobra five pack that someone tried hiding.

That's how it always is! I was checking this Kmart everyday for the last week and then I stopped checking two days ago. Then of course they show up and I miss out on Snake Eyes. Hard to believe that the single packed figures were all still there while 3 Snake Eyes and 1 Storm Shadow had already sold.

Congrats Jase! I still need to track down the singles. I know I am getting doubles of SE, SS and Flint to keep carded so far.

Draven

Thanks man! These have really got the Joe Juices flowing again! @hmmm@

any reports in Ohio?

I've seen them in Youngstown, which is NE Ohio. The TRU out here had the 5-packs last week and had the singles within the last 24 hours. Too bad I missed the singles completely.

any reports in Ohio?

I've seen them in Youngstown, which is NE Ohio. The TRU out here had the 5-packs last week and had the singles within the last 24 hours. Too bad I missed the singles completely.

Columbus has them at the TRU and Kmarts.

Well fellow collectors, Maryland has been a bust this week.

Here's what I've found in the last 24 hours:

1. Yesterday afternoon, I remembered that there's a Toys "R" Us in Catonsville (on Route 40, in-between 695 and Ellicott City), so I drove up there to the "hood" to take a look, because a lot of collectors and scalpers don't go to that TRU. But they've never received any 25th Anniversary product, or any of the newer Joe stuff at all! Even their 8" stuff was at least a wave or 2 behind, as it all still had the Sigma 6 branding. And there were no 25th Anniversary tags on the empty shelf space/empty pegs to indicate that they'd gotten 25th Anniversary product in, but had just sold out.
  2. After finding nothing at the Catonsville TRU, I remembered that just a little farther west on Route 40, in Ellicott City, there was a K-Mart that I'd forgotten about. Well, since the last time I was in that store (sometime last year), that K-Mart was remodeled and rebranded as a Sears Grand, which is a new store concept. All it really is, is a K-Mart that's been modernized to look nicer than the K-Marts we're all used to seeing. In fact, I'd say it now looks about as good as your nicer Target stores! But some collectors and/or scalpers had already thought to check there, as all they had was, you guessed it; 1 each of the single-carded Snake Eyes (w/ Grey Timber, of course, 'cause I just can't catch a break there! :( ) & the single-carded Storm Shadow.
  3. I went to the Columbia TRU this morning, arriving before 10 AM, so I'd be the first customer in the door this time, knowing full well that LAST Friday, the person that was in the door at 10 AM was able to snatch up most of the single-carded figures and the Cobra Battle Pack. But this week, I found... NOTHING! TRU didn't bother to restock the Columbia TRU on any of the 25th Anniversary products this week! :angry:
  4. I then drove down to the Annapolis TRU, as last Friday, they also got a shipment that was picked over by the time I got there. This week, same exact situation as Columbia. They got NOTHING! :angry:
  5. I then drove down to the K-Mart on Route 2 in Edgewater (just south of Annapolis). Again, they had NOTHING!!! :angry:
  6. I then drove out to the Bowie/Crofton area. My main reason for going out there was to visit Alliance Comics in Bowie (a great little shop with great employees! ^_^ ), but while I was out there, I swung by the Crofton K-Mart which, again, had 25th Anniversary figures last Friday. But again, this week, they got NADA! :angry:

At this point, I'm going to find the Cobra Battle Pack and Snake Eyes w/ Black Timber online for the lowest prices possible, and just order them online and be done with it. I'm getting sick & tired of these retail chains short-changing us collectors here in the DC/Baltimore area! @cussing@

P.S. Taking a tip from Outsiders, I decided to check out the online store at MasterCollector.Com. WASTE. OF. TIME. They're not showing any 25th Anniversary product at all. I guess they're sold out. So much for being able to get Snake Eyes w/ Black Timber for a reasonable price! :(

I FEEL LIKE IM 8 YEARS OLD AGAIN ----------------ATLEAST THATS THE FEELING I GOT ----WHEN I

TURNED THE CORNER AT MY LOCAL KMART AND FOUND THE SINGLE PACKS

I PICKED UP THE COBRA INFANTRY AND SNAKE EYES ----------GOING BACK TODAY TO GET THE REST ----IF THEY ARE STILL THERE-----

I HAD WENT TO OAKMOS TRU ---WHICH IS NEAR EAST LANSING AND THEY HAD A COBRA SET ----SO I PICK THAT UP AND DID THE NORMAL ROUTINE OF GOING TO MEIJERS TARGET AND WALMART -----WHICH THEY HAD NOTHING

CAME BACK HOME AND DECIDED I HAD BETTER JUST DO THE ROUNDS LOCALLY AND I M SO GLAD I DID

I AM BY FAR -----SO DAMN HAPPY WITH THESE FIGURES

THE ONLY ONE THAT IM SOMEWHAT DISAPOINTED WITH IS BARONESS

JUST DONT LIKE HOW HER HEAD SITS

DESTRO IS THE BEST EVER!!!!

STORM SHADOW BEST EVER

TROOPER AND OFICER -----------A REALLY CLOSE SECOND PLACE-- THE INFANTRY 6 PACK IS MY FAV

WOW------------G.I. JOE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I FEEL COMPLETE AGAIN --------G.I. JOE IS BACK ON THE SHELVES!!!!!!!!!

DOC

Congrats Jase! I still need to track down the singles. I know I am getting doubles of SE, SS and Flint to keep carded so far.

Draven

Thanks man! These have really got the Joe Juices flowing again! @hmmm@

Its ampped mine up too! I love Sigman but this is what I have been dreaming of since Hasbro staretd the Vintage Star Wars figures! :)

Draven

P.S. Taking a tip from Outsiders, I decided to check out the online store at MasterCollector.Com. WASTE. OF. TIME. They're not showing any 25th Anniversary product at all. I guess they're sold out. So much for being able to get Snake Eyes w/ Black Timber for a reasonable price! :(

Check again cause I think you didn't look hard enough...

I just checked their site and the Cobra 5 packs is sold out but the deal for both 5 packs is still in stock and the deal for the single Snake Eyes and the deal for the both Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow are still in stock...

Ok AGAIN for the people not reading the other 13 pages of this post......Target will have these FULLY stocked the week of August 5Th (Sunday). For some reason Hasbro is not rolling these things out in force till that week. You will be able to find them at Target and Wal Mart that week.

This is the reason that Toys R Us is getting only one case of these.....Im done going toTRU everyday only for them to have them for about 10 mins after they open on truck day. If youll just have alittle patience Walmart and Target will have these fully stocked the week of Aug. 5 TH.

i got roadblock and gung ho from ebay. roadblock's gun is ridiculous so i gave him a hasbro SAW and a helmet from dtc grand slam. looks badass. still working on improving gung ho. he looks a lot like slaughter with that jawline. lol

blah..this hunt has been so frustrating on so many levels.

My Job sent me out to Oxnard, CA for June - first week of July. I checked walmart everyday, and I was really expecting to find it on July 4th, nothing.

I get back to home in SD, checked sears/kmart, 2 targets, 3 different walmarts everyday, NOTHING. Then I checked the closest toysrus, which was about 20 miles away... I see the peg for the 25th anv stuff, but of course its empty.

Then my work sent me out to New Orleans this week. First, let me say that driving in New Orleans is a #$#@#. alot of one way streets. If you miss a turn, you cant go back the same way, it's a whole new route and it wont be the same road to go back to your starting point. Its unbelievably f'ing frustrating. Anyway, I googled the nearest toysrus, its about 10 miles away, but there's about 12 lines of directions since the roads here suck. I spent so much time getting lost and busting u-turns. Finally when i hit the mark, empty peg of 25th. I check the everyday walmart i go to, and nothing.

After getting up at 3pm today(bourbon st cycle) I decided to go hunting again. I went to another toysrus that i luckily googled, but some how the streets arent updated and I did about 5 u-turns looking for the correct road before i finally some how caught toysrus at a glance. I entered in the store, NOTHING, alot of DTC stuff, looks like this place wont have it for a while.

So I went roaming for awhile, ran into 3 other walmarts, no luck. I did see a couple of Dollar Generals. They dont have this store in SD, so I went to check if they had those single packs. 1 of them actually did. I scored on 3 night creeprs, 2 tele vipers, a baroness, and snakeyes.

So after 3 different cities, going cross country, i have YET to see any trace of the 25th stuff. Next week is comicon and im flying back home to SD, but I think I might miss it for a wedding in San Jose. maybe theyll have a couple of TRU's that'll dissapoint me there too.

I'm here to sing the praises of Kmart.

I think that's the first time I've ever heard that remark! Clearly you're on their payroll! @loll@

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=242&itemid=11582

Amazingly, I actually found them at K-Mart now too. Didn't have the cash to get any but found them none the less.

Ha! Funny that I did as well, even after making that comment! Looks like the man behind Shortpacked has been reading the Joe forum! @lol@

Out here in Youngstown, OH, of all places, at the Boardman Wal-Mart, my mom found the single packs with only Snake Eyes and SS left. I had just about given up hope on Wal-Mart for the next couple weeks after CO being the only state that reported seeing them. Guys, don't give up hope for the place because they are getting them along with TRU and K-Mart, not to mention the $1 discount.