GI Joe Toy Sightings

Jase

My second shipment from BBTS is on its way. Its weird, its already in Jersey City NJ and I am only like 3 hours from there, but it isnt scheduled to get here until the 16th... Weird.

I wonder how many cases of this stuff get stolen right out of the warehouse, by store employees? No wonder it seems like sales are lagging sometimes on this stuff. Half the sh@# never makes it to check out! @grumpy@

Bet somebody is making a killin' off the stuff on ebay though?

An employee pulling out a figure from a case and buying it for himself is still a sale. I seriously doubt just tons of merchandise walks out of the warehouses never to be seen again, certainly not enough to effect sales.

And though I understand the frustration of not finding stuff or knowing someone else got it before you, I've had it happen to. I don't know why just because someone works at a place has any less right to purchase the stuff then you. Im sorry you work here so you have to go to Wal Mart and buy your toys????? Granted I agree they should do it in the back room, not out on the store front, but I think they have just as much right to buy stuff as anyone else.

That's all understood, but I wasn't commenting on anything AGAINST store employees buying merchadise for themselves if they want it. Scotty posted something that made me wonder about the possibility of widespread THEFT of product from the warehouses maybe? That's a different issue, and you did cite your thought on it that it's likely not a big problem, so that's all I was wondering, not b!tching about employees buying their own stuff. I haven't (never ever) called anyone to complain about store employees buying stuff, that doesn't bother me. If I worked at a TRU...you can damn well bet I'm getting all my goodies THERE, why wouldn't I? ^_^

NO, I just had a thought on the theft possibility. I know that theft at the workplace is an unfortunate reality and seeing how many of the figures, that show up on eBay (pre-mass retail release), are said to have been "STOLEN" from some warehouse, I figured this might even carry-over into the retail part of it, out of THEIR warehouses. Maybe not?

I JUST GOT MY 5 PACKS :). I HAVEN'T YET OPENED THEM YET, BUT I DO LIKE WHAT I SEE. I FOUND THEM IN THE BAYSHORE T.R.U. IN DA ISLAND. I ONLY FOUND 2 GIJOE AND ONE COBRA. (SOMEONE GOT THERE BEFORE ME ;))I WANTED 2 OF EACH BUT I GUESS THAT'S STILL BETTER THEN WAITIN SOME MORE! CAN'T WAIT TILL I GET OFF WORK TO OPEN THESE! BTW I ALSO SAW ONE GIJOE PACK LEFT AT HOLBROOKE T.R.U. FOR ANYONE IN THE ISLAND WHO WANTS IT!

Hi Im a new member (obviously)

But I just want to let some of you guys know that I found some singles and boxed sets at a local Toys R Us in Alexandria, VA.

I was so happy, because I have been hunting the past 2 days at some Wal-Mart, Toys R US and Target stores, and every single time, I come home empty handed. @sad@

So I decided to stopped by @ a TRU today, with a purpose to just purchase an X-Men mini mates. I wasn'nt really going to stop by at the G.I. Joe aisle, knowing I will be disappointed once again...But I said to myself, what the heck, its only a minute walk and to my surprise there it was "6 boxed sets and about 5 single carded 25th anniversary G.I. Joe figures!!!!! @razz@

5 of the boxed sets were G.I Joe's and the other one was a Cobra set. Out of the 5 single card figures, 1 is Flint, 2 are Storm Shadow and the other 2 are Snake Eyes.

I quickly grabbed 1 Cobra box set and 1 Joe boxed set and bought all the single card figures. Im so happy, Ive never expect to get this at a retail store. I was actually closed to purchaing some from BBTS, and pay a higher price but man...today is such an awesome day, so I thank the lord!

Im just atiny bit disappointed, because there were no Cobra Officers and Conra Commander, but thats ok, ill try again next time! #US1#

BTW the boxed sets are $29.95 while the single carded figures are $6.99.

Sorry I had to use bold fonts, Im just really ecstatic about my find.

I wonder how many cases of this stuff get stolen right out of the warehouse, by store employees? No wonder it seems like sales are lagging sometimes on this stuff. Half the sh@# never makes it to check out! @grumpy@

Bet somebody is making a killin' off the stuff on ebay though?

An employee pulling out a figure from a case and buying it for himself is still a sale. I seriously doubt just tons of merchandise walks out of the warehouses never to be seen again, certainly not enough to effect sales.

And though I understand the frustration of not finding stuff or knowing someone else got it before you, I've had it happen to. I don't know why just because someone works at a place has any less right to purchase the stuff then you. Im sorry you work here so you have to go to Wal Mart and buy your toys????? Granted I agree they should do it in the back room, not out on the store front, but I think they have just as much right to buy stuff as anyone else.

That's all understood, but I wasn't commenting on anything AGAINST store employees buying merchadise for themselves if they want it. Scotty posted something that made me wonder about the possibility of widespread THEFT of product from the warehouses maybe? That's a different issue, and you did cite your thought on it that it's likely not a big problem, so that's all I was wondering, not b!tching about employees buying their own stuff. I haven't (never ever) called anyone to complain about store employees buying stuff, that doesn't bother me. If I worked at a TRU...you can damn well bet I'm getting all my goodies THERE, why wouldn't I? ^_^

NO, I just had a thought on the theft possibility. I know that theft at the workplace is an unfortunate reality and seeing how many of the figures, that show up on eBay (pre-mass retail release), are said to have been "STOLEN" from some warehouse, I figured this might even carry-over into the retail part of it, out of THEIR warehouses. Maybe not?

Theft at the retail level? More then you can imagine. 'Some one I know' had every PS3 game times three a week before any of that stuff went on sale. If the security is lacking at a low wage mass retail store then employee theft runs rampant.

Theft at the retail level? More then you can imagine. 'Some one I know' had every PS3 game times three a week before any of that stuff went on sale. If the security is lacking at a low wage mass retail store then employee theft runs rampant.

:( And that's exactly what I was afraid was happening. Theft does hurt sales since it ain't technically being "sold", when it walks out the back doors at quittin' time.

I finally broke down and just bought the 5 packs online at MC (thanks for that tip outsiders). I figure the amount ive been wasting in gas easily pays for these. Besides im knee deep in work again so toy runs are going to be few and far between for awhile. I love the singles, so I cant wait to see the 5 packs.

I just found the 5 figure sets at a TRU. I haven't opened, and not sure I want to. I LOVE the music player. I walked around the store looking for other things, constantly playing the song and I had everyone in the store either smiling at me or annoyed with the constant repitition. For anyone looking, I was at the TRU in Media, PA across from the Granite Run Mall. They had 2 more Joe packs and 1 Cobra pack. It was $31 something with tax.

I got the Cobra 5pk at TRU today as well. Wasn't completely sold on it until I pressed the star and the GI Joe theme started playing, that was it.

Didn't see anything else 25th Ann. Joe related in the whole store.

I just found the 5 figure sets at a TRU. I haven't opened, and not sure I want to. I LOVE the music player.

This response isn't really directed at El Kabong (tho' he's welcome to weigh-in), but his comment made me question exactly who the whole line was directed at.

Sure, we know that the 25th was aimed at "collectors", but could it possibly be that it was aimed more towards carded/MISP fans, as opposed to loose collectors? Because I'm wondering how much personal exposure Hasbro designers actually have had to loose collectors and/or customizers, and whether this affects their decisions with the figure designs.

EDIT: But then that's going OT, apologies.

-PJ

Just joined up to let you guys know I found both the 5-packs and all the carded figures (minus Snake Eyes with the black Timber) at a TRU in Houston, TX today. 1 each of the figures except Snake Eyes, whom they had two of. Now they have none of each. :)

So keep your hopes up, because this TRU is usually the last place to get anything.

Sure, we know that the 25th was aimed at "collectors", but could it possibly be that it was aimed more towards carded/MISP fans, as opposed to loose collectors? Because I'm wondering how much personal exposure Hasbro designers actually have had to loose collectors and/or customizers, and whether this affects their decisions with the figure designs.

Didn't seem to affect their decision to advertise them as "the MOST articulated Joes ever!" What's articulation mean to a carded/MISP collector? They could have molded them with no joints at all in the very poses they're packaged in, and these carded/MISP collectors would see absolutely no difference in them. :)

I just found the 5 figure sets at a TRU. I haven't opened, and not sure I want to. I LOVE the music player.

This response isn't really directed at El Kabong (tho' he's welcome to weigh-in), but his comment made me question exactly who the whole line was directed at.

EDIT: But then that's going OT, apologies.

-PJ

Well based on the instructions on the side of the box that show you how to open the package and then reseal it to keep it "like new" I think this is directed at those who collect, and not children per se. I don't see how this is made for the MISB collector since it shows you how to open is and then re-close to make it look like it did before you opened it. I see that as enticing us to buy, open, mess with, have Duke shoot Cobra Commander, have an epic ninja battle between Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, then put back in the box, shine it up real good, turn it sideways, and stick it straight...back into your closet/display thingie. But that's just the way I see it.

Found the 2 boxsets at TRU today here in Maryland. They seem to be 6 boxes per case, 3 Joe sets and 3 Cobra. Surfice it to say they Cobra ones appear to be selling like hotcakes as they were just put out to day and I had to go to two different TRU's, and only got the last Cobra set at the second TRU thanks to a nice lady who held it for me when I called ahead after I had struck out at the first TRU. For the Joe sets they still had 2 left at the first TRU and 3 at the second TRU. No sign of the single packs yet, and Kmarts around here dont have any GIJoe on the shelf as of yet, I checked two stores.
Gah! How much does it suck that I missed seeing this post yesterday? :(

I didn't go to TRU until today. I hit Annapolis, Glen Burnie, and Columbia. Annapolis and Columbia don't appear to have ever received them, they didn't have a space for them. The TRU in Glen Burnie, though, had an EMPTY SPACE on the shelf, with a tag below that read as follows:

GIJOE 3.75

ANNIV BATTLE

$29.99

And the SKU numbers were:

61876 88-6820 1

They also had a single row of empty pegs. No tags attached to the pegs, but I'd be willing to bet that was where the single cards were!

Man, I am SOOO angry right now!!! @cussing@

First store around here to get them, and the other collectors and/or scalpers beat me to 'em!!! @bH@

I wonder if TRU has been smart enough to put these up on the website yet? Guess I better go look...

EDIT: Just looked at TRU's website. They do NOT have them up there yet. This is SOOO not my day! :(

@doh@

VH; EKB, both your points are very well put. I totally spaced those details for a minute there and needed a reminder.

I'll have to think of another reason why the designers made the decisions they made articulation-wise. Makes me wonder what the Q&A will look like at the con this year.

-PJ

Has anyone from Minnesota found these yet?

Minnesota seems to be cursed when it comes to getting new G.I.JoE figures, at least in the area I live in. We never got the Sigma 6 versions of Shipwreck, Wet Suit, or Cobra Firefly. I had to buy those through a nice person who was willing to help online at Sigma 6 Central. (Still need the Sigma 6 type versions of the newest figures which no shock are not around here either)

I have this bad feeling I may end up having to order these, though usually when I wait it out I eventually find stuff much like I did with Hasbro's Marevl Legends Series 2 finally popping up all over.

Also, are Toys R Us, Wal-Mart, and K-Mart the only stores these have been sighted in so far?

I just have a question about the availability of the new 25th anniversary Joe figures. Are the 5-packs exclusives to a certain store?

Are they exclusive to Wal-Mart or TRU or just about anywhere?

And the single packs, are they available anywhere or just at Wal-Mart or TRU exclusives too?

That's all I wanted to know. Thank you for your help.

Well, today I hit the TRU in Middle River, MD (Route 40 & Rossdale Blvd). Again, I was too late. All I found was an empty peg where the 25th Anniversary single carded figures WERE... but other collectors, or scalpers, had already snatched them up. :(

Looks like Monday or Tuesday was the day to hit TRU for these. :(

I went to TRU this morning and found ONE peg worth of the single packs. It was ONE case only, and there was no Cobra Commander. I was the first person to the aisle, so an employee must have grabbed that one. I left only a Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. I'm glad I got there when I did. What a paltry shipment!

so, they are trickling out little by little, but before you know it, they will be EVERYWHERE

SCORE!

ONE case of single packs at TRU in Maplewood, MN. Actually, one case at my house right now (minus the one extra SS and two extra SE). I don't even have to worry about beating the army builders to the Cobra Officer anymore!

These figures are awesome! I'm going to do something I rarely do and keep them in the box. The packaging, figs, etc., look too good to mess with (besides, I have all the originals anyway). I will buy ONE extra of one of them just to take out and see what these new guys are made of. But which one should it be??????

What color is the variant Timber supposed to be? Out of the three SE's that were there, all the Timbers were white.