GI Joe Toy Sightings

Jase

For those of you who have found the new figures. Are the legs real loose and floppy by the metal t-bar on yours? My eight year is complaining about his Snake Eyes and wants me to fix it and it doesn't look look the leg comes apart, after you take the screw out the leg feels like it glue together.

Andrew

The legs on my figures were nice and tight, no problems at all

I got some more single packs at Kfart today, it looks like someone in the stockroom was playing soccer with them, but still, they're openers anyway.. man, these are SWEET!!!

Hey... Where do you live Joe? :) Congrats...

My Brother went by Kmart yesterday and found nothing!

my single packs and cobra 5 packs shipped from bbts today

Found the 2 boxsets at TRU today here in Maryland. They seem to be 6 boxes per case, 3 Joe sets and 3 Cobra. Surfice it to say they Cobra ones appear to be selling like hotcakes as they were just put out to day and I had to go to two different TRU's, and only got the last Cobra set at the second TRU thanks to a nice lady who held it for me when I called ahead after I had struck out at the first TRU. For the Joe sets they still had 2 left at the first TRU and 3 at the second TRU. No sign of the single packs yet, and Kmarts around here dont have any GIJoe on the shelf as of yet, I checked two stores.

Those Cobra sets are going to scooped up by army builders, I already saw tons of Destro's, CC's and the other figures on Ebay

I ordered two Cobra sets from BBTS, but I do that to keep one in package and one to open.

Guest DavAnthony

I just got a notification today. I probably won't have them for about a week since UPS constantly reschedules any delivery to me about 3 or 4 times.

I hit Toys R' Us on the way home and had them do a search on the name, "G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary" and both 5 packs and single figures were listed but nothing was listed on this weeks trucks or pending. We did a deeper search and it shows the goods haven't even left the TRU warehouses yet.

On a side note... I did see that MasterCollector.com is selling the sets and certain figures so I placed an order since I know I wouldn't see the figures in my area for maybe another week or two and I don't feel like spending everyday checking stores...

MC has the following for sale:

25th Anniversary Cobra 5-Pack: $25.00/$35.00

25th Anniversary GI Joe/Cobra 5-packs: $50.00/$70.00

25th Anniversary Single 2-pieces (Storm Shadow/Snake Eyes): $12.00/$22.00

25th Anniversary Single Pack (Snake Eyes) 1-piece: $6.00/$12.00

You have to be a member to get the cheaper cost which I am so I ordered the 25th Anniversary GI Joe/Cobra 5-packs and 3 sets of the 25th Anniversary Single 2-pieces (Storm Shadow/Snake Eyes). Hoping to get at least one variation of Timber and it only cost $10.00 for shipping for UPS Ground.

I figure I would get the figures now and maybe if I feel like it than hit the stores for any variations or anything else I might need. I only collect certain figures and I got them in my order.

:o HOLY CRAP!!

OUTSIDERS IS STILL ALIVE!!!! @bounce@

Where in the bloody blue hell ya been man???

I've been hitting two K-Marts and the lone TRU every day, as well as 2-3 WMs with no luck. I had a nice lady at the TRU look it up in the computer and she said that the warehouse was shipping them 2 cases, but she didn't know when they'd come in, as they weren't pending. She looked to see if any other stores in the Central Florida area had them coming, and one did. I have friends who live right near that store and they went in to check for me at opening. Guess what...

The Damned Employees were tearing through two cases at the Customer Service Desk. NONE hit the pegs. I've already called the District Manager and complained, and e-mailed their Corp. Consumer Affairs dept. Both say they're looking into, but I doubt that'll do any good. Its the blatant lack of concern for the customer that bothers me. Its still a pain in the @$$ to walk in and not find them at all because employees took them out of the back room, but to do it right in front of customers, and refuse to let any customers buy them when asked....worst customer service ever.

My two cents.

On a happier note, I order SE and SS from BBTS today! Yay!

I wonder how many cases of this stuff get stolen right out of the warehouse, by store employees? No wonder it seems like sales are lagging sometimes on this stuff. Half the sh@# never makes it to check out! @grumpy@

Bet somebody is making a killin' off the stuff on ebay though?

:o HOLY CRAP!!

OUTSIDERS IS STILL ALIVE!!!! @bounce@

Where in the bloody blue hell ya been man???

No kidding!! I was wondering the same thing. Long time no see man!

I wonder how many cases of this stuff get stolen right out of the warehouse, by store employees? No wonder it seems like sales are lagging sometimes on this stuff. Half the sh@# never makes it to check out! @grumpy@

An employee pulling out a figure from a case and buying it for himself is still a sale. I seriously doubt just tons of merchandise walks out of the warehouses never to be seen again, certainly not enough to effect sales.

And though I understand the frustration of not finding stuff or knowing someone else got it before you, I've had it happen to. I don't know why just because someone works at a place has any less right to purchase the stuff then you. Im sorry you work here so you have to go to Wal Mart and buy your toys????? Granted I agree they should do it in the back room, not out on the store front, but I think they have just as much right to buy stuff as anyone else.

I have a Wal Mart, Target and TRU all within 1 mile from my house that I have been checking everyday to no avail. though it hasn't bothered because I am only hoping to find them to decide whether I want to buy them or not, and am not as excited about them as those of you who are actively looking for them. but in a month, I am confident that these things are going to be easy to find on the shelves, so not being able to find them this very day or week is not a concern of mine or worth doing anymore significant hunting for than really what is just a step outside my door, for all general purposes.

I just offer the unsolicited opinion to relax, that you will find them, and having them in your hands next week or month for the very first time as opposed to tomorrow isn't going to alter your life at all, or atleast significantly.

I had another fruitless evening of searching tonight. I hit the following MD stores:

K-Mart:

• Glen Burnie (Route 2 across from Best Buy)

• South Glen Burnie/Severna Park (Route 2 just south of Marley Station Mall)

Target:

• South Glen Burnie (Business Route 3)

Wal*Mart:

• Glen Burnie (Ordinance Rd)

• South Glen Burnie (Business Route 3)

• Hanover (Arundel Mills)

• Laurel/MD City

Not one store had anything, not even pegs or shelf tags for the 25th Anniversary product. At the 4 Wal*Marts, I spent several minutes at each one, carefully checking each box on every pallet. Nada. :(

Tomorrow, I'll be checking at least one Toys "R" Us store, for sure. Since they've supposedly hit TRUs in Philly, which is only a little ways north of here, I'm hoping they'll hit down here soon. And Thursday I'll be checking a TRU on the other side of Baltimore, that much closer to Philly! :D

Wish me luck! :)

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@

It always happens with employees getting stuff before it even hits the pegs.

I remember seeing a video of the XBox 360 when it first launched. One Wal-Mart where the video was taken had gotten in two dozen of them, and the manager said they only had two dozen. BEFORE it went on sale that number was cut in half to 12, then right before it went on sale, the manager announced that it was sold out.

Found the 2 boxsets at TRU today here in Maryland. They seem to be 6 boxes per case, 3 Joe sets and 3 Cobra. Surfice it to say they Cobra ones appear to be selling like hotcakes as they were just put out to day and I had to go to two different TRU's, and only got the last Cobra set at the second TRU thanks to a nice lady who held it for me when I called ahead after I had struck out at the first TRU. For the Joe sets they still had 2 left at the first TRU and 3 at the second TRU. No sign of the single packs yet, and Kmarts around here dont have any GIJoe on the shelf as of yet, I checked two stores.

JayC pm me and let me know what toys r us in maryland had them

Woo-hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife just informed me that my 5-packs from SmallJoes just arrived at the house. Should I take the rest of the day off to go play with my new figures? :D