GI Joe Toy Sightings

Jase

nothing in lower New York, no target, no kmart, no walmart and as far as I know, nothing at toys r us

Anyway, at this point, I'm really miffed at Hasbro and Wal*Mart for having such LOUSY distribution on these. They started shipping from the Hasbro Distribution Center(s) on June 25th. Even WITH the holiday at mid-week, there's been PLENTY of time to get these into stores by now! :angry:

they have barely started hitting stores, not getting them as soon as others hardly equates to poor distribution. I know in the internet age of instant gratififcation we are losing sight of patience, but come on, just because you are disappointed doesn't mean someone has to be blamed or is at fault for your disappointment. Hasbro and Wal Mart do enough that they get blamed for that they deserve, but just because you haven't found them the very week they have been shipped from Hasbro to Wal Mart's distribution centers isn't one of them.

Anyway, at this point, I'm really miffed at Hasbro and Wal*Mart for having such LOUSY distribution on these. They started shipping from the Hasbro Distribution Center(s) on June 25th. Even WITH the holiday at mid-week, there's been PLENTY of time to get these into stores by now! :angry:

they have barely started hitting stores, not getting them as soon as others hardly equates to poor distribution. I know in the internet age of instant gratififcation we are losing sight of patience, but come on, just because you are disappointed doesn't mean someone has to be blamed or is at fault for your disappointment. Hasbro and Wal Mart do enough that they get blamed for that they deserve, but just because you haven't found them the very week they have been shipped from Hasbro to Wal Mart's distribution centers isn't one of them.

What about that "Christmas testing" Walmart is doing?

They are in Georgia. Just picked up all the single packs except for Flint (He was the one I wanted most darn it!) Got them at TRU. Looks like they are hitting all over!

I checked Kmart, Walmart, and Target stores in the area today and nothing. I think I'm done making special toy runs looking for these for now.....it's just not worth the gas. Congrats to all you lucky dogs that have found them!

I'm in atlanta too where did you find them

TRU in buckhead... Just off of 400. I left a SE and SS on the pegs. If you hurry maybe you can still grab them.

Nothing yet here in OH HELL NO...I mean O HI O! @grumpy@

I hit 2 Meijers, 2 K-Marts, 2-Wal-Marts, 1 Target, British Papermill (comic shop), Andersons, Big Lots (for other sh@#) and 2 TRU...and NADA GAWD DANG THANG!! @cussing@

Makes me think bad things about them, even MORE! ;)

got all the singles at Kmart/Sears Essentials today plus some extra cobra officers. I also got both versions of Timber (black/grey). The black one appears to be harder to find. Anyone one know the case breakdown of these?

I checked Kmart, Walmart, and Target stores in the area today and nothing. I think I'm done making special toy runs looking for these for now.....it's just not worth the gas.

I agree totally. In the past two days I checked three Wal-Marts, a Target, TRU, and two K-Marts. Nothing. Sheesh...I think for any shipping I might pay for to get these online would be just the same as if not cheaper than the money I'm spending on gas.

got all the singles at Kmart/Sears Essentials today plus some extra cobra officers. I also got both versions of Timber (black/grey). The black one appears to be harder to find. Anyone one know the case breakdown of these?

Dude what end of town are you in because i can't find squat.

Also what is a kmart/sears essentials?

well. BBTS just emailed me to tell me that the single packs I ordered are shipping , so, I will have my 5 pack joe set tomorrow via UPS and sometime next week I will have my single packs. I am not going to knock myself out driving when I know I am getting them, then at some point, they will be everywhere and I will get them and use the extras for customs. I already have some sweet ideas involving predator hunters and stealth ops.

West valley. When Kmart and Sears Essentials merged a few years back some of the Kmarts became Sears Essentials. There is only one here in AZ that I know of.

West valley. When Kmart and Sears Essentials merged a few years back some of the Kmarts became Sears Essentials. There is only one here in AZ that I know of.

Hey thanks for the info. I drove 40 miles there.

I went to that Sears essentials and saw the empty peg and asked for help. They were out but a nice lady that works there told me to check k-mart on 83rd ave & mcdowell & one on Bell and 69th. Well I hit the jackpot at the bell road one. Got 1 complete set of singles & a second snake eyes. That was all they had. They weren't on pegs, they were scattered all over the aisle.

Guest DavAnthony

I just got an e-mail stating that my pre-order for the 25th anniversary single packs has been processed and about to be shipped. Alot sooner then I expected, I'm glad all of this awesomeness is hitting at once.

Dave

Yeah, mine too man. (Woo-hoo!!) The only thing is, When I first pre-ordered these, the webpage at BBTS said the case contained two each of Snake-Eyes, Storm Shadow, and Cobra Commander, and one each of Flint and the Cobra Officer. But then later, whenever I'd check on it, it would say that there were THREE Snake-Eyes figures in the case of eight, two Storm Shadows, and one each of the rest. And that was completely fine by me since I love version 2 Snake-Eyes, and therefore I'd have an extra one to open to play wi...er, I mean...asses in-hand for...a review. Yeah, that's it. (lol) Seriously, I'd have an extra one I could open and check out to see what everyone's talking about in terms of the plastic quality and construction issues. But whenever I got my e-mail saying my order was processed, it said something about the original case run-down, like they were apologizing for the case ratio change and that that's the way they'd be distributed, which for an instant I thought to myself, "Yeah, that's what I thought when I first pre-ordered these. Huh. Oh well So much for the third Snake-Eyes." But I was fine with that as well, 'cause I would like to have had a second Cobra Commander I could keep MOC. But then the e-mail went on to say that due to an unexpected case change, there would now be THREE Snake-Eyes, two Storm Shadows, and one each of the rest. Then I thought to myself, "Uhh...I already knew that." It's like they changed the case description on their website long before they sent this e-mail, and therefore I already knew of the change. (lol) Confusing I know, but I guess it's good that I'm not being blind-sided with a change I wasn't already aware of, right?

Guest DavAnthony

Geez, that would of confused the hell out of me. I ended up just ordering one each of the figure instead of the case so I wasn't aware they were going back and forth with it. It would of made mroe sense to me to release the Cobra Officer but I can see why they may be doing heavy on the Snake Eyes, simply because they figure most casual consumers will pick up Snake Eyes since he is "iconic" to GiJoe (not to me but many other people feel he is), this way they could pull more people into buying the line. If they dig Snake Eyes after opening him then they may want to buy more...and more...and more. So to have 3 Snake Eyes to 1 of everyone else I guess makes sense from that standpoint.

Finally.... it came today..

First, let me say I think I understand why so many long time collector are so very very very picky.

I think back to 1982, this set tends to do that to a person, and I remember how very limited the articulation was, how basic the weapons were and how standard the paint apps were.... BUT I didn't really notice then, I really didnt care. I had a child's imagination, a child sense of wonder and I hadn't yet been tainted by the fill in the blanks world of movies and video games, in other words, I could envision my Joes doing almost anything, in any position, with any facial expression and holding thier weapons like a real soldier might.

But as we get older our imagination and sense of wonder fades, we try to recapture it, we try dearly to hold onto it, but in doing so we can no longer imagine what we once did, so we expect our Joes to do it for us, like video games and movies do, replacing the rich and wide world of books with an in your face depiction of all that once roamed freely in our imaginations.

Now, we can no longer be a child and therefore we cannot connect within ourselves to an anything is possible mentality, so our Joes fall short, we think they sit wrong, they do not grip a gun correctly, the paint doesnt look right, the heads are too small, the boots dont have enough straps on them.. its as if we discovered the secret of the magic trick and can no longer suspend disbelief, we can no longer imagine..

BUT

that is what action figures are, a conduit to imagination, not a movie or video game, they cannot act our play time or ideas, and we no longer do it in our heads, so we become obsessed with the details , we complain, we kock it and we find fault. But in the end, it is we who are at fault, we who fallen short of our own ideals of what it should be.

I think that going back to that child mentality while we examine our toys and play with them is the key to seeing them as the wonderous gateway to a world long forgotten, the world of uninhibited imagination and fun...

That having been said, I REALLY REALLY REALLY LIKE THESE FIGURES.