GI Joe Toy Sightings

Jase

$4.88...................let me just soak that up for a minnute.

I mean, you can't buy ANYTHING good (I'm talking toys, games, movies, ANYTHING) for under $5. It's just unheard of now.

Also. I have a Battle Corps CC full card with the TRU price tag still on it......$3.29 for a Joe back in 1992. That means in 15 years inflation has only hit for $1.59. Another reason why GI Joe is the best toy line :)

(Oh, I haven't found any yet)

$4.88...................let me just soak that up for a minnute.

I mean, you can't buy ANYTHING good (I'm talking toys, games, movies, ANYTHING) for under $5. It's just unheard of now.

Also. I have a Battle Corps CC full card with the TRU price tag still on it......$3.29 for a Joe back in 1992. That means in 15 years inflation has only hit for $1.59. Another reason why GI Joe is the best toy line :)

(Oh, I haven't found any yet)

3.29??? I don't have any Joe cards with price tags that high.. I have some from TRU that say 2.79... but most of them say 2.99

the only ones I have higher than that are from KB.

Still nothing in NC, but I'll keep on looking, course since the first ones were found in Colorado I imagine I'll have

a bit of time to wait before I start to see them, course that won't stop me from looking ^_^

So far the sightings are only in CO? I had my sister-in-law check a 150 mi. raduis of the KC area and no stores had any single or 5 packs, in fact even the warehouse did not have 'em at this point.

I am REALLY surprised that others across the country haven't been finding these yet. For me to find the single packs at 2 different Wal-Marts and the 5-packs at one of them, it seems as though someone else should be running across these.

So far the sightings are only in CO? I had my sister-in-law check a 150 mi. raduis of the KC area and no stores had any single or 5 packs, in fact even the warehouse did not have 'em at this point.

150 miles! wow! I know we are excited to get new toys, but I am not sure they are worth the expense of actually searching for. I am confident when they hit retail en masse, they aren't going to be that hard to find, thus spending extra dollars in gas just to get them the first day or week of release seems a bit excessive IMO.

but to each his own, I don't mean that as an attack at all.

150 miles! wow! I know we are excited to get new toys, but I am not sure they are worth the expense of actually searching for. I am confident when they hit retail en masse, they aren't going to be that hard to find, thus spending extra dollars in gas just to get them the first day or week of release seems a bit excessive IMO.

This isn't a sighting per se, but it may explain why those Denver, CO Walmart's had 25th and nothing else has been reported:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=141092

They may pop up at other "select" Walmart's over the next few days.

This isn't a sighting per se, but it may explain why those Denver, CO Walmart's had 25th and nothing else has been reported:

I really think that this might just end up biting Walmart in the back end. At least for the purpose of gauging their sales for the Christmas season, I think they are just trying to see if they will sell at all. They are probably going on the premise of, “we have been burned by GI Joe before with the GI Joe vs Cobra figures, Valor vs Venom and then Sigma Six.” Sigma sales suck really bad in my little town. We still have Firefly, Shipwreck and Destro sitting on the pegs here in Alamogordo. The figures are too expensive for the kids and I think the collectors here are 3 ¾ collectors. At least that is how I am with GI Joes. I have one 8 inch Snake Eye figure and one Mantis Robot thing with Destro. Never liked the anime look of the Cartoon and did not like the expense and size of the figures. I think if they really want to gauge the sale, they should put these figures out in small towns. One or two boxes and watch the pegs. If they sit, then try them out in bigger communities. This way they can really know where they will sell and where they will not.

A little bird told me we might start seeing these at TRU as early as next week.

birdiemg4.png

@hmmm@ That's a smart little birdie!

Did a toy run today... 5 Wallys + 2 TRUs + 1 Target = No Joes at brick-n-mortar for me :(

The hasbro rep for the Denver area just confirmed this too. Although he said this early "Christmas Test" thing is a Denver thing, I think it will be widespread at select Wal-Marts across the country.

The hasbro rep for the Denver area just confirmed this too. Although he said this early "Christmas Test" thing is a Denver thing, I think it will be widespread at select Wal-Marts across the country.

This "Christmas" thing is kinda stupid.

Oh boy. @loll@

My sister-in-law is an Asst. Manager at Wal-Mart and she checked the computer at work, as I sat at home. No driving for anybody at all.

Oh boy. @loll@

My sister-in-law is an Asst. Manager at Wal-Mart and she checked the computer at work, as I sat at home. No driving for anybody at all.

now that is efficient toy hunting!

I got the single pack SS and SE today, my buddy got them from TRU today.. so start checking your TRUs!!!!!

how much is TRU selling them for?

California has them!!!!!!!!

My brother and I both found them at different K-marts today, $5.99 each. No 5-packs yet though. It's on like Donkey Kong!!!

gijoes.jpg

Very nice, where is Cali are you? And KMART, humm I did not think about checking there I have been only looking at TRU, Walmart and Target and nothing as of yet. I am going to have to go hunting tomorrow and see what I find.

here's a little teaser till I pop them open... I included my custom SE so you guys know they're my pics and I'm not BSing ya...

CLICK FOR BIGGIE PICS

25thTHUMB.jpg

25thSSthumb.jpg

25thSEthumb.jpg

these things are hard to photo cause of the silver crap on the packaging, but hope that's good enough for now..

-Joe

Hi everyone! :)

I just joined tonight so I could share my reports from Maryland, since I hadn't seen anyone posting info from my area.

Today, I went to 4 Wal*Marts, a Target, and a K-Mart. And I found nada, zip, zilch, zero. :(

I even got to the Wal*Marts late enough that they were bringing out the pallets of new stock. None of the 4 had any 25th Anniversary product on the pallets. They also didn't have any pricing out on the shelves for the 25th Anniversary product. :(

As one of my friends likes to say, "it'd be nice if there was a STORE around here!" ;)

Anyway, at this point, I'm really miffed at Hasbro and Wal*Mart for having such LOUSY distribution on these. They started shipping from the Hasbro Distribution Center(s) on June 25th. Even WITH the holiday at mid-week, there's been PLENTY of time to get these into stores by now! :angry:

The worst part, though, is that neither Hasbro nor Wal*Mart is selling these online yet. They have the product available, but I guess they don't want to sell it to those that would prefer to order online and save themselves the hassle of driving around every day looking for the blasted things. :rolleyes:

And yeah, sure, I could order from BBTS or one of the other online toy stores that has them in stock, but they charge a LOT more for the product. And then you have shipping on top of that, so it gets to be a very expensive proposition after awhile.

Anyway, I'll keep my eyes and ears open and report back if anything turns up at retail in the DC/Baltimore area.

Yo Joe! :D