GI Joe Toy Sightings

Jase

Hasbro's big mistake was putting an army builder in the Cobra box set. How many sets do you expect to find with the Cobra soldier replaced by some crappy old figure, returned by an inconsiderate a-hole?

I'm still miffed that this stuff appeared in Colorado first! I mean Colorado is just north of New Mexico, so I hope they trickle down here soon. ;)

I feel your pain, I'm over in KS.

My sister-in-law is an Asst. Manager at WM, so I'm working on it for us Kansans. :)

Hasbro's big mistake was putting an army builder in the Cobra box set. How many sets do you expect to find with the Cobra soldier replaced by some crappy old figure, returned by an inconsiderate a-hole?

I thought this too until I realized we are getting a single pack trooper in the wave after the one out now. so hasbro is actuallly saying that since we want this figure as a single pack, we are getting it. and it looks like some of the other figures in the 5 packs are gonna resurface in the comic packs.

I'd go out and do some hunting myself, but Ohio is kind of a collector hotbed for G.I.Joes (especially) and even if they WERE out around here, they're already vanished from sight. If the pro's are getting clerks to take the stuff off the skids before they even stock them on the shelves...

what's the point? @lol@

I'll get mine after others get their fill. ;)

Well, I didn't find these; my bbts.com order arrived today, specifically the 5-packs. Guys, I have to say...it doesn't matter how many pics you've seen of these online, they can never do them justice. These figures look absolutely fantastic in person. I mean yeah, they're the exact same figures we've been seeing in reviews over and over lately, but...I don't know what it is. Maybe it's the lighting, or great digital cameras capturing every tiny flaw...I don't know what the difference is. I can't really put my finger on it. But they just look incredible in-hand. I even love Duke, whereas every time I've seen pics of him, he seemed to be the plainest-looking, or perhaps too bland or blah or something. He's just underwhelmed me from day one, even though I love the character. Not any more. He looks just as great as the rest. And I've giggled like a big kid all day when I'd press they little star on the box and I'd hear that familiar theme play. (lol) "It's G.I. Joe against Cobra the Enemy, fighting to save the daaayyy..." (lol) Great memories.

These have got me really excited about what's to come, and I just can't wait for the single-carded figures to arrive. I hope you guys are able to get these soon, because they are just incredible.

Good to hear DB! :)

I know there can big a BIG difference in these toys, from how they look on my computer screen, to how they look "in hand". I always try to insert that notion in my reviews and critiques of the stuff as were SEEING it online, knowing full well, I might have a change of opinion on them, once I have one in front of me to "play" with. ^_^

Sometimes it can go both ways though, where something I thought LOOKED pretty awesome on screen, turned out to be one of my least favorites...in hand. Even seeing them hanging on the pegs or sitting on the shelfs, can make a dramatic difference in what we think of them, from anything we've thought about them prior.

Of course, some might say we should all WAIT until we all have them, before commenting on them, after we see images online and such. @loll@ yeah...RIGHT!

That's all part of the experience and certainly part of the fun we can have with it, BFORE we get the darn things. Expressing our intial reactions to what we're getting to SEE of them, that we like or dislike.

Seeing how you and I always seem to be on the same page or brainwaves about a lot of this stuff ^_^ your review gives me hope on some of the issues I've got going around in my head, that I'm afraid I'm going to be disappointed in, but maybe not so much NOW!

See how the online experience is a positive or plus? ^_^

I got my 2 5 packs from BBTS today aswell. So far i have only opened the Joe pack and oly taken out Scarlett, Gung Ho and Roadblock. I have to admit I am having mixed feelings about them. They are on astetics alone extremly cool. DevilBat was correct in that the pics don't do them justice in that regard. Over all they are beautiful little figures.

My mixed feelings come from the articulation I think. They are packed full POA obviously but with that much articulation I would think they could move a little better. I guess i am speaking specifically about Scarlett's torso and Neck articulation. She doesn't really seem to be able to stand up straight and she is always looking down. She looks like she is slouching. Seems like if she has that much articulation you should be able to pose her better. I am also a little disappointed in Boadblocks hands. They are all misshaped to be able to hold his huge @$$ gun.

Well over all they are minor gripes i guess. i don't think they are enough to keep me from buying more of these. It just goes to show you that NOTHING is perfect. I still like them. Just have mixed feelings.

I got the two five packs from BBTS last week.

I agree that the online pics do not do them justice. They are 10 times better in person. The best part for me is the memories that they bring back.

It seemes the loose joint problem I had with some may be from them sitting on a UPS truck and the heat softened the plastic making them loose after I opened them. Perhaps the ones bought in stores would not have that problem since most stores are air conditioned. Since my figures have harded up they are not quit so loose now.

Well, I say these things LOOK incredible VH, but I've not opened them and fiddled with them or tried to pose them or anything, so I don't want to be misleading. You'll have to talk to those like KamenDreda who have actually opened them and know what they're like loose. Sorry. (lol) I didn't mean to be misleading in that respect. But still, they LOOK awesome. I'd like to have a second set to open, but that seems selfish right now seeing that so many others would like a shot at their first set.

Instead of many of us starting a thread of finding the 5 packs and singles in the next couple of days/weeks, why dont you list where you found the new joes and what date you bought it.

It's a good idea to keep the 25th sightings all in one thread - I went ahead and merged your topic with this one since starting an additional one was defeating the stated purpose. @lol@ I also edited the thread title so that it wasn't just about Walmart sightings.

Don't forget that there's also a regular GI Joe Sightings thread pinned towards the top of this forum section, so you might want to check that out from time to time.

Mine just came in today from BBTS, but I'm waiting for my wife to get home to see them too (we're both fans).

I don't have much time to take them all out of the pack either, I'm on a short-short lunch break. @grumpy@

But looking at them I can seriously say the online reviews do not do the figures justice. . .they're just beautiful. #US1#

Roadblock and Gung-Ho are way better looking than I thought. Can't wait for the rest. My wife can't wait for the Lady Jaye wave to hit.

-PJ

My family's business has a Walmart right by it and my brother has checked for the Joes at Walmart for the past two weeks and nothing!

I got my BBTS order today, as well. Love the Snake Eyes and Storm shadow figures. Really glad I bought them through BBTS. Still have not found any of the Singles or five packs in retail where I live, but I live in Alamogordo, New Mexico. I do not really expect them for another week or two down here.

Mine just came in today from BBTS, but I'm waiting for my wife to get home to see them too (we're both fans).

I don't have much time to take them all out of the pack either, I'm on a short-short lunch break. @grumpy@

But looking at them I can seriously say the online reviews do not do the figures justice. . .they're just beautiful. #US1#

Roadblock and Gung-Ho are way better looking than I thought. Can't wait for the rest. My wife can't wait for the Lady Jaye wave to hit.

-PJ

I tried in mine:( I love these figures and am somehwat bummed that they aren't getting the huge reponse I thought they would.

Guest DavAnthony

I placed an order with smalljoes today, shipping was bit of a nail to the head but it's worth it for me to not waste time driving around trying to find them. I should have them relatively soon.

I love these figures and am somehwat bummed that they aren't getting the huge reponse I thought they would.

There's not that many that have them yet. Most of the ones that DO have them now, were sold on'em right from day one and put in their pre-orders pronto! They've already raved about these endlessly with only a pre -"in hand" evaluation and drooled for months over JUST the images of them. Now that they have them, there's not much else to say that they haven't already said before they got them. @lol@

You'll find it's the skeptics, and those of us who are unsure of these new-fangled Joes, who will come back and RAAAVE endlessly, if we're so impressed to do so. There's no shame in being wrong about images on a computer screen. So if these have not been served any justice in that regard....I think the reviews will start pouring in, once mass distribution takes off. ^_^