Star Wars Toy Hauls

Jase

This is late but here is what I got on Christmas morning

christmas2015_zpsf57iqqeu.jpg

Nice one!

I was on a futile hunt for the new movie Wonder Woman after work today when I happened upon the new and improved Rey. Now I just need to return the Force Friday one and I'll be square.

I was on a futile hunt for the new movie Wonder Woman after work today when I happened upon the new and improved Rey. Now I just need to return the Force Friday one and I'll be square.

What's this about a "new and improved" Rey?

Incidentally...I don't know if this counts as a bonafide haul so much as a reaquisition, but my brother just returned to me my original Kenner 1978/79 Millennium Falcon! It brought back so many memories. I've taken it apart and started to clean it up in preparation for a complete refit and restoration so I can return it to its former glory. I've been studying the parts, and I can remember each and every issue it used to have from my childhood and what kind of replacement parts my brother added. From what I can gather, he's cobbled it together using my original Falcon body as the base, and I think he's used parts from our cousin's Falcon that he also had in an attempt to complete it, because I distinctly remember the back panel on mine had a chipped tab, and the one it has now doesn't. He's also replaced the chess table with a POTF2 one, along with the ramp and hydraulic supports. Oh, and the radar dish is new. Then he put POTF2 labels all over it, which I stayed up all night last night removing, bless his heart... (lol)

I've also been inspecting the results of my attempt to customize my Falcon from back in the day...when I was a kid, it always bothered me that the cockpit and rear compartment weren't connected like in the real set-piece. So what did I do? I took it apart, cut a doorway out of the cardboard panel wall that led to the cockpit hallway, then I cut away the blue seat backing that blocked the cockpit from the hallway. (lol) Silly, I know, but back then I thought I had done something pretty cool, never mind that at that scale, the figures would have had to crawl to the cockpit up that small hallway, or tunnel is more like it... (lol)

I'm excited, but it's also a bittersweet endeavour because I've already promised my little girl she can have it and play with it once it's restored. I mean, I'd love to proudly display it in my collection as an original toy from my childhood, but it's also a nice thought to think it's a prized toy from my past that I can now pass down to my little girl for her enjoyment.

They basically redid the paint on the face of the reissued Rey, giving her a softer overall look.

I had them both in hand before I returned the one, there's slight difference, but not major, I guess. If you have one already I'm not sure it's worth too much headache tracking down a new one.

Well the new Walmart 4" black series are out now too (I think that makes them wave 3). Includes Endor Han, Finn, X Wing Poe and Rey. Didn't get any of them, but can see myself getting Rey (who has switchable heads) and maybe Poe. Just really wanting SA Phasma, but I guess she'll be in wave 4.

Well the new Walmart 4" black series are out now too (I think that makes them wave 3). Includes Endor Han, Finn, X Wing Poe and Rey. Didn't get any of them, but can see myself getting Rey (who has switchable heads) and maybe Poe. Just really wanting SA Phasma, but I guess she'll be in wave 4.

Rey is probably going to be the tough to get one. I'd grab her if you see her.

I hope Phasma's minimal roll in the movie make her future figures easier to get.

I hope Phasma's minimal roll in the movie make her future figures easier to get.

Hang on to that dream. We both know she'll be the one who show's up in stores for about 5 seconds then moves to Amazon at about an 800% mark-up.

Hang on to that dream. We both know she'll be the one who show's up in stores for about 5 seconds then moves to Amazon at about an 800% mark-up.

You say that like it hasn't already happened.

I just picked up the amazon First Order Troop Builder pack. It was already a decent price but after I used my rewards I paid $39 total. Cool beans.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011EG5DNM?refRID=W7JFMSJ5M29Y42KFWK0J&ref_=pd_rhf_sc_p_img_4

I'm late but after a month I finally got a new phone and started taking pictures again

12624084_1279024832112659_289792368_n_zp

Is that the TIE Fighter for the 6" or the 3 3/4"? The smaller version is on my radar, just haven't been able to pull the trigger.

The 6 inch...

• 2 weeks later...

A pretty big SW score for me today. Hit the jackpot at Target and came away with 6" old Han and Stormtrooper Finn (they had the whole wave but those were the only ones I wanted). I also found the new two packs with Snowtrooper/Snap-Director's Best Friend-Wexley and Sidon Ithano/Quiggold.

Concerning the later two, as far as background characters go, these two are pretty fun. A couple of pirates that go to bars and cantinas looking to recruit. One's got a pretty nifty red helmet and the other has a peg leg. Two cool designs that definitely have the "Star Wars" feel to them. Added bonus: I actually remember seeing them in the movie! Now if I only knew which one was which.

I'm a sucker....I've been buying the HotWheels Star Wars Vehicles....my bro-in-law got me the Falcon, Tie Fighter & Xwing for Xmas....so naturally I had to buy Poe's X-wing & the Black & Red Tie fighter as well....damn now I want the Slave 1 but the paint app isn't that great.....I'm GD & I'm a star wars addict....I bought an pack of the Mirco-machine Star wars packs.....Target had some on "sale" (not much of one imop) for $8.49 which is outrageousness for crappy plastic....at least the old Micro-machines had some heft to them....warping wasn't an issue...the pack I bought was on clearance Clarence for $7.49...my gf shook her head in disproval at that purchase....but I'm hopelessly addicted to SW's....

Well, I've been on a very strict financial budget lately that doesn't allow for any disposable income, if at all, so unfortunately my collecting has slowed down to a crawl. Anything I've gotten in the last couple of years has been contingent on selling off anything I already have, in which the supply of which has been diminished significantly, (lol) or birthdays, anniversaries, etc. I guess that's why I lurk on here more than I share anymore. But anyway...I scored a Black Series TFA Han Solo on eBay last night. Yeah, I probably paid 10% or so too much, but I went out shopping with my little girl last night...she was hunting for My Little Pony stuff and I was hoping to find "Old Han" while we were out, but no luck. I guess I had a defiant moment when I got home, said "what-the-heck" and used a left-over eBay gift card from Christmas to get him. I knew I was overpaying a little, but I guess I reasoned that I could pay a little extra now or potentially pay alot more later.

Well, my old man Han story gets even stranger.

I told the tale of finding and buying Han at Walmart, but I had to open him because his box had been destroyed.... well, I decided to purchase one on eBay as well.

I was able to get a mint in box one for $28 plus $7 shipping, and even though I know I overpaid, I just feel it in my bones I will never see him at retail again.

Anyway, I paid immediately and received a notification last Sunday that my figure had shipped. Now I know it hadn't actually shipped on Sunday, so I figured that meant the seller had created a shipping label and would ship Monday.

Well, tomorrow marks one week since the shipping label was created and the figure STILL has not made it to the carrier!

The seller has great (and a lot of) feedback, so I guess I am a little confused by all of this. I have contacted the seller 3 times since Sunday, but I have not gotten any sort of response. According to the listing, my figure should be here Monday, but it still has not been dropped off, or picked up by, the USPS.

It just looks like I will never have this figure MIB. There are NONE in stores anywhere near me, and I can't even get the one I overpaid for on eBay!

Yes!! I scored a Black Series 3-3/4" Poe Dameron last night at Walmart. I have had zero luck finding any of these until now. I absolutely love it and wish they'd release these in the Vintage Collection.

Yes!! I scored a Black Series 3-3/4" Poe Dameron last night at Walmart. I have had zero luck finding any of these until now. I absolutely love it and wish they'd release these in the Vintage Collection.

I see Poe and Finn all the time in stores. Walmart.com has been putting them back online for the last couple of days at regular price. I've seen both Rey and the Stormtrooper online in the last 4 days.