Star Wars Toy Hauls

Jase

• 2 weeks later...

I walked into my local Walmart earlier this evening and was stunned to find they had marked their 6-inch Black Series Last Jedi figures down to just five bucks each!! I got General Leia, Finn in First Order disguise, Poe Dameron, Mas Kanada, Kylo Ren, and a Praetorian Guard. Glad I put-off getting these as long as I did...

• 1 month later...

I scored a vintage Tie Pilot with pistol and a vintage Anakin Skywalker yesterday and paid $11 total which I thought was a good deal for two complete vintage guys. Particularly happy about the Anakin because he was only $3 and any time I am reminded that Anakin was originally played by Sebastian Shaw is a plus.

Piecing my vintage collection together little bit by little bit.

• Like 2

I picked up the green lady with orange pants from Rebels for $5. I call her that because I forgot her name. In all honesty, I've never even seen Rebels but it has definitely been on my "to do" list, so......planning ahead?.......

It was $5.

When are the Solo figs supposed to hit? A friend who works at Walmart noticed a new Star Wars pdq in the back but wasnt out yet.

I caved and bought one off eBay, the young Han I mean...he arrived about a week or so ago, and shockingly I didn't pay but a buck or two above retail. Such a great figure...these Black Series figures are getting better and better with each wave/movie...

• 2 months later...

I sold some stuff and made some money to go to a convention today where I found a ton of Black Series 6-inch figures I didn't have. I scored the Target exclusive Chewie from Solo, Qi'ra, and young Lando, along with Bespin Lando and a Snowtrooper from Empire. I also got an "Island Journey" Rey, DJ, and a Crimson Guard, too.   

• 1 month later...

I got very lucky today and scored a Gamorrean Guard from Target!  This guy is a personal favorite from the movie (a triumph of practical effects) and the toy is going to make grown men giddy.  A perfectly executed action figure in every way!  Well worth the hunt and the $30 price tag.  This one will show up on a "Best of" list at year's end in a very high spot.

• Like 1

I walked away from a vintage Yack Face today.  LCS has one for $400.  I have never seen on in person and I was torn over what to do.

I have a $100 store credit for that place plus a 10% discount so I could have gotten him for $260.

I don't know if I did the right thing or not....

3 hours ago, yojoebro82 said:

I walked away from a vintage Yack Face today.  LCS has one for $400.  I have never seen on in person and I was torn over what to do.

I have a $100 store credit for that place plus a 10% discount so I could have gotten him for $260.

I don't know if I did the right thing or not....

The last 3 years, my buddy has been coming over from Denmark and he usually brings 2-3 Yaks, they're pretry "common" in europe... if I learned anything from him, it would be make a European friend and see if he can hook you up and you return the favor with US exclusives. 

That being said, they went from being $150 figures to over $300 easy... I'd say if you can get it down to $200 with some more credit or hold out for a bigger sale, it's probably the best you'll get for one. Hope that helps, and sorry, my brother is next in line to get one from him when he visits next spring, lol.

On 8/28/2018 at 2:08 AM, JoeRhyno said:

The last 3 years, my buddy has been coming over from Denmark and he usually brings 2-3 Yaks, they're pretry "common" in europe... if I learned anything from him, it would be make a European friend and see if he can hook you up and you return the favor with US exclusives. 

That being said, they went from being $150 figures to over $300 easy... I'd say if you can get it down to $200 with some more credit or hold out for a bigger sale, it's probably the best you'll get for one. Hope that helps, and sorry, my brother is next in line to get one from him when he visits next spring, lol.

I was in Europe a couple of years ago (London, Paris) I was able to hit a couple of comic stores but was not able to find a place to hunt for any older figures.  I was fantasizing about finding some European Tiger Force figures for cheep but it was not to be.

That's OK, it's probably good that I passed on this.  I don't need EVERYTHING.

• 1 month later...

Bespin Han showed up yesterday from HTS. My favorite SW character from my favorite SW movie, this one is a real winner! The elusive Harrison Ford likeness comes out really good with this figure, he's darn near perfect. Very happy with it. I hate to say it, but as soon as they redo New Hope Han with the face printing, I'll be all over it giving Hasbro another $20 for the same figure yet again.

Old Man Luke is currently abundant & in the Clearance Clarence section at Target....Still $15 from last week....just a heads up if you were on the fence & Luke was telling you get off his lawn....that Solo Set with the Rebel Leader & Speeder bike looks amazing by the way...the price is not however....I still need to get a Dewback set....lol

• 4 weeks later...

I found this set yesterday at a Bargain Hunt for eleven bucks. The details are fantastic on these figures...they sport the simplicity of the early POTF2 figures, but the sculpting is like a NECA figure or something on each of them. They’re now my favorite respective version of these characters, especially the Emperor. He even comes with interchangeable “Force lightning” hands! So cool...

E67F33AE-DEBE-4DD7-AAB2-7D0318356CF3.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I went to another Bargain Hunt in my area, and was shocked to find the 6-inch Black Series Special Forces TIE Fighter today for sixty bucks!! I was thrilled whenever I watched online auctions that were around a hundred bucks, but sixty?! I couldn't pass it up...

• 2 weeks later...

Those figures look awesome Devilbat. Thanks for sharing the pics.  I may have to pay more attention to them when I am making my toy runs. If I catch some of the deep sales you have stumbled into I might have to indulge myself.

Thank you, sir! Yeah, I'm realizing now more than ever that I'm basically a bargain shopper these days. I rarely ever buy anything for full retail anymore. It's usually the discount stores and eBay for me, unless there's something I find that I'd like to keep carded or boxed in mint packaging. Case in point: I bought a Vintage Collection Hoth soldier about three weeks ago that I stumbled upon at Walmart, and that was only because it was the rare specimen I've found at retail that was actually in mint packaging. Those are so hard to find at brick-and-mortar stores anymore...incidentally, I actually wish Hasbro would go back to packaging them in those old clam-shell protectors like they used to in order to ensure mint card-backs, but I digress...

Last night I found the Last Jedi Silencer for $8.99 and a Ski Speeder for $6.99 at Ross...man, these ships are sweet!! I've been wanting them both for quite some time, but I was hesitant since the movie lines these days tend to be rather simplified or watered-down, as it were, compared to lines in the past. Perhaps other lines have been more expansive, more intricate, and arguably of higher quality, but as I've warmed-up to the 5-POA figures more and more, and embraced them even, it's made me want to give the ships a second look. I've just not been devoted to them in recent years...money's tight most of the time, and I'd rather have the figures I want...besides, the figures take up less real estate on my shelves. But these Last Jedi ships are absolutely fantastic...I love both of them, but I especially love the ski speeder. (I think that's what it's called...) To me it was the iconic ship from The Last Jedi...very unique, but familiar enough that it looks like a traditional design from the Star Wars universe. I just wish they had made the Resistance Bomber, too. Impractical as it is, I still love the idea behind it and its design.    

• 1 year later...
On 11/6/2018 at 10:47 PM, Devilbat said:

I found this set yesterday at a Bargain Hunt for eleven bucks. The details are fantastic on these figures...they sport the simplicity of the early POTF2 figures, but the sculpting is like a NECA figure or something on each of them. They’re now my favorite respective version of these characters, especially the Emperor. He even comes with interchangeable “Force lightning” hands! So cool...

E67F33AE-DEBE-4DD7-AAB2-7D0318356CF3.jpeg

Thos is a great I I found mine on clearance too. I know 5poa is t everyone's cup of tea but there were some great sculpts in the line.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2020 at 7:51 AM, Nosferatuman62172 said:

Thos is a great I I found mine on clearance too. I know 5poa is t everyone's cup of tea but there were some great sculpts in the line.

Thank you!!! Anyone that dismisses these are really missing-out I think...I just wish they'd make these for The Rise of Skywalker...  

• 2 years later...