Star Wars Toy Hauls

Jase

I've actually been tracking down "older" (as in, 5 or so years old) 3.75" Star Wars. I like the 6" stuff too and Lord knows I have a very decent amount at that scale, but with Star Wars, I just feel the 3.75" is truly where it's at.

I have tried....and tried and tried.....to like the 5poa stuff and justify it by saying "It's Star Wars going back to its roots!" but I just miss posing the guys too much. So I'm tracking down the characters that have hit that sweet spot of 3.75" with a wide range of articulation. Turns out, those are the ones that seem to go for the most $$$$. Oh well.

Yes, some of those later Legacy figures are great, and extremely expensive, like you said, Joe, but well worth tracking down...

I just scored a Black Series 6-inch Sabine Wren on eBay yesterday, and I had a TRU gift card burning a hole in my pocket, so I also snagged a 6-inch K-2SO and the ANH Blu-ray in the commemorative metal case that I've been putting-off for so long. I already had the regular Blu-ray...I just wanted the steelbook version for display. Isn't that extremely nerdy of me? (lol)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So I stopped by the Disney store over the weekend cause I've been stalking their "new" Elite Series figs....basically giant Barbie sized versions of Star Wars Dudes old & new....They had quite a selection of 12" Figs....I was really after Darth to be honest.....From Rogue One they had Jyn, Krennic & my personal Favorite Death Trooper...from Force Awakens-Kylo, Rey (although I didn't see any Reys) ....& Star Wars OT-Darth, Princess....I watched a few reviews on Darth so I was in....I hate buying umpteen versions of my favs but I'm a sucka for Star Wars....they had em on "sale" for $20 a piece...I was able to snag up a Death Trooper....

20170211_184513_zpsqflzwnx5.jpg

I took him out & posed him about on my nightstand....he's leaned up next to my Sideshow Cobra Viper.....he doesn't look that bad....he has a velcro strap to hold his pistol & his extra hands to pose with his rifle....I have a small problem w/the hand pulling out the whole joint but no biggie I fixed it & popped it back in....he has some good but not great articulation....whether he's hunting down those scoundrels on landing pad 5 or little Jyn Erso he's still has that menacing look.....I wish they had gone w/a little brighter green but its cool...his armor comes off well at least on his arms....his feet articulation takes me back to the Marvel Toy Biz Legends days.....try saying that 5 times fast.....great fig, compared to what we normally get these days for $20 this was a bargain IMO......o I forgot to all his grenades come loose I think..they're strapped to his waist but I don't want to cut the rubber band loose......& it'll take you at least 2-3 years to cut him loose from the package as well...there's at least $5 worth of security measures to make sure you never take him out the box.... @stormtrooper@

I got this 12" Elite fig for Valentine's Day....instead of fancy dinners & giant hearts of diabetes inducing candies, we really shouldn't, cause our budget has been tight lately but we're Tax Refundaires currently, so let the good times roll....I figured if I was only able to get 2, I wanted Darth & the Deathtrooper.....I can live w/out the others.....the Ep. 1 Leia was very cool as well.....if she drops to $15ish I'll consider it...I saw pics of Rey & she looked solid as well....

20170214_202104_zps8up2oahe.jpg?t=148705

Escuse the crappy pic....it's late & I'm not doing re-shoots......I'm gonna bust Darth out tomorrow

Oh & I gotta thank Tman978's review of this Vader......he convinced me

I got this 12" Elite fig for Valentine's Day....instead of fancy dinners & giant hearts of diabetes inducing candies, we really shouldn't, cause our budget has been tight lately but we're Tax Refundaires currently, so let the good times roll....I figured if I was only able to get 2, I wanted Darth & the Deathtrooper.....I can live w/out the others.....the Ep. 1 Leia was very cool as well.....if she drops to $15ish I'll consider it...I saw pics of Rey & she looked solid as well....

20170214_202104_zps8up2oahe.jpg?t=148705

Escuse the crappy pic....it's late & I'm not doing re-shoots......I'm gonna bust Darth out tomorrow

Oh & I gotta thank Tman978's review of this Vader......he convinced me

Now this is a Darth Vader not like the sub par version Hasbro made.

• 1 month later...

I was at Terget last night & spotted the New Target Exclusive AT-ACT driver.....Target has an 20% off on SW toys sale as well....I passed cause he looks like a cleaner Scariff Trooper...already have 2 of those...

They don't seem to make most of the figures now.We never seen Luke from episode 7 yet

I think they're still clinging to the party line of "We couldn't do one because his look was kept secret". Which is all well and good.

But one year and 3 months later, still not even a prototype. Hot Toys was giving us a first glimpse of their premium format version last year. Hasbro doesn't even have a 3.75", 5poa version yet.

I just happened to jump on Amazon for a few seconds & to my amazement.....the Snow Trooper came up w/a tasty price....$10...I usually don't buy the "last one" label...but lo & behold it was the last one.....its a cool fig...he's currently assaulting the stack of Blu Rays on our TV stand...I wouldn't mind getting a few more of these guys....IMG_20170312_204349_zpshbvqp6oe.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Man, I haven't gotten a Star Wars figure in a while, it seems. Hasbro has filed to lure me in with the 6" vintage cards (nice try). I'm on the lookout for the upcoming Jawa and Lando, Otherwise, that's about it. And I am fine with that.

Man, I haven't gotten a Star Wars figure in a while, it seems. Hasbro has filed to lure me in with the 6" vintage cards (nice try). I'm on the lookout for the upcoming Jawa and Lando, Otherwise, that's about it. And I am fine with that.

The only 40th Ann fig I've gotten so far is the *in my Sid the Sloth voice* R5 droid and it's a gamestop ethclusive, great friend from work who kinda lives at Gamestop snagged it up for my B-day*......but I've been hooked on the Star Wars Black Six Inch Series from the 1st wave....I'm looking forward to Lando, the Jawas & Sandpeople...I'll have to snag up 2 of the Sand-people because they don't like to walk alone in single file......this is an army builders dream wave sorta....I forgot the Imperial Guard coming out later.....I'm not a big fan of the Father Time Death Commando, its amazing those guys didn't have safety rails, its a wonder they have Lazer Swords & Magick but don't have OSHA regulations...I'm gonna go all Andy Rooney for a moment.....I was on board from the 1st waves I got an boxed R2 put away from the last time I moved...I missed very few figs but near the 1/2 way point I slowed down...it's an expensive habit....so for the most part I have all of the 1st wave of 40th figs in the older boxes....the new 40th Vader is supposedly better than older slower ready for Death version I bought so many months ago...I guess I wished I would've waited....its an obvious choice that sooner or later they would busted out the old cards, they've done it before w/the 3.75" line....so for now I skipped the 40th cards...the ones I'm after are Leia (& I may just wait on that because they done her wrong in the face dept & I really want to find one that's not fugly & $20 buxx....discounts are needed) Lando, Jawas, Sandperson for now...maybe an Stormtrooper for nostalgia's sake....Amazon has been fairly decent in stocking them but the prices fluctuate...I wonder how many other fellas out there bought the boxed & carded waves.....I honestly thought about it but its just too much for me......I love the look of the cards...I could hang them up for display proudly...the black boxes always seemed like a message to the line from Hasbro, for instance...."I like you but I don't have to love you" so here's some crappy soulless boxes that cost next to nothing to produce but some of those 1st wave figs were awesome & some weren't......so far I spotted Luke, Leia, Obi-Wan at 1 Walfart & 1 Walgreens after that I saw nothing....nothing at Target or TRU...its like the pegs were picked clean before anyone knew they were there.....lotsa fans working at these places so it shouldn't be surprising that it sells out quick...I can't wait till the wave hits hard & they have an dedicated spot that doesn't have Force Happens & Rouge One figs dying, I hope.....It may take me back to the days when I was 7 & the pegs were swimming w/figs.....good times for sure @luke@ @fett@ @stormtrooper@

• Like 1

I kinda went a little Star-Wars-crazy today...

I went to Ross earlier this evening and found a ten-inch 5-POA Rey...this was the first one I've gotten. I had been tempted to get some of them many times before and didn't for whatever reason, but $4.99 was hard to pass-up. I also found a two-pack of the die-cast helmets for $4.99 as well...this time I found the Vader and Stormtrooper helmets. Some time ago I had found the Phasma and First Order helmet set at Ross, and I discovered how much I absolutely love them, so I was hoping to find more of them at the discount stores...

I then made my way to Books-A-Million, where I scored the latest issue of the Star Wars Insider magazine...I used to collect it religiously, going so far as to buy two copies each time they came out, so I could have a reading copy, and a second one to seal-up in plastic as a collectible for posterity. (lol) I've kinda gotten away from that mentality in the last year or so...if I found a mint copy, fine. If not, oh well. And I also got their Marvel Comics bundle of exclusive-cover #1 issues that came-out a year-or-two ago...it was on-sale for $13.99.

After that we went to Walmart where I was thrilled to find that they had marked their older Black Series 6-inch figures down to $9.98 each, and their Black Series 3.75" figures down to $5.98 each...I finally scored a Guavian Enforcer and Cassian Andor, and from the 3.75" line I got Rey and Finn.

Finally, I had to run by Dollar Tree to get some party supplies for my little girl's Kindergarten Graduation party, and I found a Force Awakens sticker book and some Rogue One trading cards. I guess I had some sort of fit or something...perhaps I had suppressed my love of hunting and collecting Star Wars stuff for way too long, and I lost all control. (lol)

post-404-0-86500000-1495896241_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I found two more 3-3/4" Black Series figures on sale the other day...this time it was Cassian Andor and Jyn Erso. I also found a 6-inch Flametrooper on clearance at Target for five bucks! He's one of the few TFA figures I still didn't have...

Pretty sweet haul at a thrift store as I was visiting in-laws this weekend. I scored some 3.75" Vintage Collection figures all complete with prices ranging between $1-$3! In all I got Luke (Death Star Escape), Bossk, 4Lom, Tie Pilot, Rebel Fleet Trooper, AT-AT Driver, Stormtrooper, R2-D2 (Sail Barge). Awesome!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'll just go ahead and say it, Joe: Yes, that was a mistake, my friend. I'm speaking from personal experience, of course... (lol)

I went to a Disney Store outlet today and took advantage of the Rogue One clearance sale...I scored an Elite Series Director Krennic and Jyn Erso for $2.99 (!!!) each. They had been $34.99 originally! I couldn't believe it...I've been wanting that Director Krennic ever since it was announced. I just picked-up the Jyn Erso for the heck of it...she has rooted-hair and looks like Courteney Cox from Friends post-plastic surgery, bless her heart (lol), but I just couldn't pass her up for that price. They both look to be very detailed and articulated, and their accessories look great. Almost makes me want to track-down the rest, especially Vader...

• 3 weeks later...

My HasCon Capt. Rex came in last week...I still haven't opened him cause I was busy "Adulting"..he looks great in the Reviews online.....I'm really starting to slow down the Black series due to not finding any new ones anywhere....all of sudden Black Series fans are ravenous....but not for Zuvio lol

• 2 months later...

I just got the 3.75" Last Jedi Leia from amazon at cost. I'm trying to not get 5poa figures anymore (I just miss posing my figures) but I felt this one was a must have. A lot better head sculpt than the blue dress Leia from The Force Awakens and this just my be the last new outfit we see her in.

• 2 weeks later...

(lol) I hear ya, man. I never did get him...it's a glaring hole in my favorite Star Wars line of all time. I would have bought it just for the packaging...

I got a TLJ 5-POA Rose off of Amazon the other day for like three bucks shipped or something. These figures are insanely detailed, if not very articulated. I know I'm in the minority here, but I really don't miss the added articulation all that much...I mean, I'd be fine if it came back, and I understand they're bringing back the Vintage-style line, which I'm totally on board for, and I know of the 3-3/4" Black ones that are way more articulated. I'm just saying...if this is all I had, I'd be fine with it. The detailing in the sculpts now are unmatched in my opinion. Just wish I had the rest of the series...I still need the second Luke, Rey, Hux, DJ, and Rose's sister. Oh, and I don't have Chewy or any Praetorian guards. Hmm...I guess I don't have many, do I? (lol)