Star Wars Toy Hauls

Jase

I was able to score the Walmart 3.75" Ashoka, Lando, and Ackbar. This really was a nice little set for me as I missed out on them when they were first released in the Vintage Collection line. Plus I got them at the $10.83 price. Royal Guard was there too but I will not speak of him anymore. (See my previous posts for my RG tale of woe). I left him there and I'm sure some fan or scalper is thanking me for that now.

They also had one each of all the 6" Rogue One guys including Deathtrooper (which I gather from all the fanboy chatter is this movie's Captain Phasma). I let them sit for now. I just don't know if I want to keep getting new 6" Star Wars guys every year forever. Big black droid was the most tempting.....

I do have a bit of a Haul to post, I don't think I shared this, but I was able to get a Black Series 6" Tie from my friend who got it on clearance for $50... I also picked up the Celebration Europe Kylo and Old Ben I got from another friend. Good thing these were paid for waaaay in advance, or I wouldn't have survived the week, lol. That's all my toy shopping till I get back on my feet(no pun intended).

Amazon has 6" Death Troopers available for $20 & free shipping for Prime Members.....

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Black-Imperial-Trooper/dp/B01943S2N0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475610382&sr=8-1&keywords=deathtrooper

Missed the Force all weekend so I missed all the DT's.....I'm not driving around this Holiday weekend in frustration so I ordered an DT today from Amazon & yesterday from Dorkside....I'm a card carrying member of the "Gotta Have it Now Club".....good luck hunters.....

I scored some Rogue One figures over the weekend...I got the 5-POA Jyn Erso, Stormtrooper, Imperial Emgineer, K-2SO, and I also found the maskless Kylo Ren and First Order Heavy Gunner. Despite the limited articulation, I absolutely love the maskless Kylo Ren...the sculpt and stance is perfect. I suspect this is the body they used for the new one in the Rogue One line. Had I realized that I probably would have grabbed that one too...

In addition, I love the sculpting on the Rogue One Stormtrooper too...it's the best Stormtrooper sculpt I've ever seen, period. It definitely sports the best helmet sculpt of any Stormtrooper I've ever seen. The 6" Black Series Stormtrooper has come the closest, but any other Stormtrooper helmet sculpt has always been off to me for some reason...they could never get the proportions right, or if they did, the eye-lenses never looked right. This new one is downright perfect. It's a shame he can't be posed in a realistic way...

I also noticed that the Jyn Erso figure has wrist joints, so they're slipping-in extra articulation here and there it seems. I'm kinda disappointed in this figure though, because you can't put her left arm all the way down to her side...she has this really cool breathing mask that's glued to her side. It looks like the masks they wore when they were in the belly of the space slug in ESB, and it's hyper-detailed, I mean it looks great, but it hinders the figure from fully relaxing her arm, so it looks awkward, especially since it's sculpted straight as if she's aiming to shoot her blaster.

And speaking of Erso, I noticed the Imperial Engineer figure looks like it has the same proportions as she does, and I seem to remember the teaser trailer shows her in an Imperial Engineer uniform, as if she is in disguise at some point in the film. But there's no hint or indication that this figure is meant to be her in disguise. I just found it very curious...I even lined them up, and they're exactly the same height with the same proportions. Anyone could do a LB custom and put the standard Erso head on the Engineer body and perfectly recreate the look of her supposed disguise in the movie...

But yeah...these new Rogue One figures would be absolutely perfect had they had better articulation. I sure hope they do some Black Series versions...

And incidentally...I kinda went nuts and got some Disney Elite figures too...I got Chirrut Imwe, Captain Andor, Jynn Erso, K-2SO, Baze Malbus, and a Death Trooper. (I also got TFA Artoo and Threepio...they had some of the older figures on sale, so I grabbed them too...) The Artoo is fantastic, but there's something wrong with the head on Threepio...the sculpt seems muddled for some reason. To be honest I've been thinking about taking them all back because they're so expensive, and I had planned on spending my money on Transformers before I took a ride on the Rogue One hype train. (lol)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I went to a local close-out store yesterday that I had only recently discovered called Bargain Hunt...it's like an Ollie's or Tuesday Mornings except junkier. (lol) Anyway, I stopped by there while out-and-about just to see what they had...they seem to get such random but great stuff. I now know what they did with all of those leftover peg-warming 6-inch Black Series Constable Zuvio and Jakku Finn figures...they had tons of them there! Everywhere I'd look in their makeshift toy aisles I'd see what looked like a case load of each of them. I already had a case-fresh Finn that I've kept MISB, but I wanted one to open and pose loose since he seemed to look so good in online pics I keep seeing. He doesn't disappoint in-hand. The same goes for poor ol' Zuvio, who doesn't seem to get any love from the collectors. (lol) I've seen him clogging pegs all over the place for absolutely forever, and I myself couldn't seem to ever pull the proverbial trigger on him, as it were. I guess there's always a more important or relevant character to buy, but I've always loved his look and design and wondered why he was mostly cut from the film. He has a distinct "Star Wars" feel to him, so he's gladly displayed in my Episode VII collection now. I really love his figure...

Just remember, if you do find a Bargain Hunt near you, don't go in expecting mint packaging...it's perfect for openers. All the ones I saw, including the ones I got, were sealed but the boxes were in pretty rough shape. I got these guys for eight and nine dollars each, respectively, and I wondered why their prices were sometimes eight dollars, then some of the same figures were nine, then ten in some instances. It's weird, because they all had the same condition of packaging as the other. I just wish they had a wider selection of characters...

• 2 weeks later...

Was out this weekend searching for Rebel Droids...or at least one....Walgreens had a full wave of Force Friday figs....but no C3PO yet....I know this is a little late but I spotted Force Awakens Storm Troopers at Ross 2 weeks ago....they boxes were damaged w/some scuffing on the figs...

I'd be all over Walgreens C-3PO except for the fact that I feel gold vac-metal trumps gold paint every time. I think I'm sticking with my Bandi model. Limited articulation but I don't imagine Hasbro's will be that much better. Plus, it's C-3PO. He ain't gonna be striking many dynamic poses.

• Like 1

Yeah, but for 15 bucks it's pretty great. What did you pay, $40-50 bucks for 3PO? I almost bought the R2 Bandai kit off of Amazon to get free shipping but alas it was not meant to be because it didn't qualify for the free shipping.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Hey....I was out picking up Black Friday orders from Wallyworld & came across some Scarif Troopers...they had 10 on the shelf so I got 2 for my squad....It was the 2nd WM that I went to....I used the "BrickSeek" app to find them....

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=55005332

I also found an *gasp* 3.75" Black series Death Trooper...I saw an Jyn Erso but at 12.93 a pop for these guys I'm only buying certain ones....good luck hunters

I was just at Walmart and scored the 3.75" Scarif and Death Troopers.

They look good but I feel like with this movie Star Wars is heading into Cobra territory where all of their grunts have different costumes and you have the regular issue troops and then you have the troops that look slightly different than the regular issue troops and they're the baddest of the bad because they wear a different color and they're "highly trained". Can't they just all be highly trained?

Yeah, GI Joe definitely did it first.

They have Scarif Troopers in 3.75 scale?.....I did find one Imperial Guard the other night picking up Xmas gifts from Walfart.....they need to fix that whole operation....I waited 45 mins to pick up a damn crockpot....(worst part is I saw the crockpot I ordered on the shelves at the front of the store, I wished I coulda taken one of those & been done w/it...but I waited & waited).....on the way out I stopped in the toy section & low & behold one lone 3.75" IG waiting for me...

Wow, 45 minutes? The most the line for pick up has taken in mine is 10 minutes.

Went back last night to pick up some more Xmas presents....1 person ahead of me.....35 minutes to find my stuff....I swear if it wasn't cheaper than Amazon I wouldn't even bother....I managed to get the Movie Scarlett Witch from WM.com for $14 so this was part of my order so it wasn't all that bad....

I bought something from the Walmart in store pick up recently as well. I too had to wait a while for an associate. When someone finally did show up my discouragement continued when he appeared to not know how to make the proper change for the person in front of me.

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday I scored a six-inch Black Series TFA Threepio, Director Krennic, and Jyn Erso. I also snagged some 5-POA figures...I got Krennic, Rogue One Vader, and Saturday I got 3-3/4" Chirrut Imwe, but my little girl put him up somewhere and I can't seem to find him... (lol)

• 2 weeks later...