Star Wars Toy Hauls

Jase

• 4 weeks later...

While I was out picking up supplies for Hurricane Sandy (I'm in upstate NY) I also took advantage of K-Mart's sale prices and picked up an AT-ST for $29.99 and the AT-ST Driver 2 pack for $12.99. Awesome toys minus the fact that the AT-ST falls over...a lot. Which totally sucks cause it kinda ruins the toy if it can't stand.

Found the only two "lost wave" figures I wanted at TRU, Bespin Leia and Sandtrooper, in the vintage package that I wanted, for the BOGO price. So I got two figures for $5 each. You know.....what 3 3/4" figures SHOULD cost. I was back the next day and they were up to the less-good price of buy-one-get-on half off.

Finally found not one but two Mandalorian Assault Transports. These are pretty excellent vehicles for the size class. The seating is great, the lines are clean and it's so nice to have something besides a Jedi Starfighter. I wonder if there were hopes/plans for electronics or other features because it really seems like the rear of the ship could've been a door of some sort either for batter access or to have a small storage compartment for weapons and jet packs.

A friend who works at Target texted me the other day letting me know they got new Vintage figures in. He asked me who I was looking for and I told him it'd be easier for him to tell me who they had haha. I was shocked to see Target had gotten in the Malgus wave, and I suspect we'll be seeing the figures we've missed through the year as Christmas approaches.

I have found Malgus himself 2 times in the last few weeks along with the Navy Commander.Also,if you need wedge check your Walmarts.I was at one and they had 3 cases of the Evazan wave with Wedge.another walmart had 2 cases.Sadly no Tarken wave.Daven,be lucky you found that wave I never saw it up in north Alabama.Hasbro's distribution has been god awful this year.

Damn, I hope I can find an INC myself soon.

I did however snag the only set with the Mando Transport at the local TRU. Picked up the Podrace Pilots set for $0.01 with a coupon I had as well. And then at Target they had a couple of the Hostage Crisis battle packs from last year for half price.

And today I got my case of the final Vintage wave. Great batch of figures.

Found the Navy Commander today. This isn't a guy I was going to go out of my way to track down since I consider him pretty low-teer, even if he is OT, but since he was on sale and just there for the taking, why not.

Looks like the slave Leia wave is also showing up again. I grabbed here too on Revenge card. If anyone wants to trade me for one with a Return card, LMK.

Found a couple of the 8 for $25 packs at Wal-Mart tonight with Seripas in them! One of the very few CW figures I desparately wanted but have never, ever seen. Conveniently the only figure in the pack that I do have is the shirtless Savage. So that worked out nicely.

Picked up a second MH pack with the light-up Obi & Qui wave for myself today as well as a Legends 8-pack from last year with Spacetrooper, Stormtrooper, DS Trooper, Droideka, Super BD, Mace, Fett & Obi-Wan. 5 army builders for $25 plus a few figures for my "nephew". And yesterday I picked up the Xanadu Blood/Plo Koon fighter pack at TRU since they were still $20 a pop.

And still no sign of the Malgus wave at either Target in my area. I just need 2 Imp. Navy Commanders for me & a buddy. Ugh.

• 1 month later...

I was out shopping last night with some Christmas money, and I stumbled across a fresh restock of the latest "Special Action Figure" sets at Target. It looked like someone had just put them out; they were still unpunched and just sitting on the shelf, as if someone just placed them there right out of the case, with a whole bunch of others hanging on the pegs. I had put off getting these for so long since I could never find them in mint packaging, and there they were inexplicably, after the Christmas rush, as mint as they can be at retail! I was very happy to find them in such condition. The rest of the aisle was wiped-out of course, so I was very suprised to find anything.

• 2 weeks later...

After Christmas, I picked up the Sith Speeder and STAP at WM for around $8 each (cheaper thaan single figs, lol), and also found the vintage Bespin gown Leia the other night (I assume it was returned to the wrong store?)

As of a few nights ago, Books A Million still had Dr. Evazan, R5-D5, Hoth Luke, etc.. @ around $13 each

Picked up 2 more Republic Troopers over the holidays, as well as the same 8-pack jedicrippler picked up along with the Vader/Chewie/Clones/BD's one.

On my own, also found a loose/complete "Lucky Lekku" Republic Gunship (Awesome find) for $40(!!!), as well as a boxed ROTS version for $100 to boot.