Star Wars Toy Hauls

Jase

So Ive been getting actions figures all my life, I can't think of a time when I didn't want one. Yeah maybe I didn't start it as a "collection" till I stopped playing with them, but that is besides the point. Having gone all my life with action figures, I have never had any Star Wars toys. It's actually kind of strange, I mean I loved the movies as a kid, my dad loves them, I can even remember my younger brothers having a few, but I never did. So when I started to buy figures as a collector, I always avoided Star Wars stuff, not because I didn't want it, but I just didn't want to open that can of worm.

Well it's finally happened, I finally broke down and bought a few! I got an episode two Obi Wan, a battle droid, the battle droid tank, Quigon Gin, Darth Maul, and a three pack with Han, Chewy and C3PO. Gotta say these are pretty sweet. Im not a huge fan of this scale, but I am now ready to start on a Star Wars figure collection!

I for sure will be hitting up Target this week to get that 50% off. It's that damn SWTOR game! It's got me all back into Star Wars like I was so many years ago! Damn you Lucas!

And so it begins... (lol)

Welcome to the ranks my friend. I just scored a case each of the Vintage Collection 2012 Wave 1 (TPM) and Wave 5 sets. While I was on vacation in Florida though I found a "Revenge of the Jedi" TIE-Fighter pilot for $4.99 at Tuesday Mornings, then I checked a second store when I got home and found a "Revenge of the Sith" Yoda for the same price.

Oh yeah...about two weeks ago I scored a Vintage Collection Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter for twenty bucks at Walmart.

Well,I got mine for BBTS.I sure hope they make it up here but considering how inept our Walmart is I doubt it.Not sure if you saw the bleak photo from my Walmart.This Walmart had 6 TPM figures and its been like that all month,this was today.Draven consider your self lucky.Also,how bad were the TPM pegwarmers in Auburn?We can't get rid of them up here.North Alabama always gets left out.

All I see is the Phantom Menace crap too @grumpy@ ...I'm trying to find Shae Vizla or the Jedi girls from the newer waves of vintage figures.

I actually love the Phantom Menace figures. One of the reasons I wanted a case of them is to get the Amidala in her black travel gown; it just looks so striking on the vintage-style cardback. I also wanted it for Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, two of the key characters in the movie, but the Qui-Gon's cardback had a bent corner, so I opened it up. I had seen one on a Legacy Collection cardback the other day, and I was intrigued upon closer inspection...I had practically ignored this figure until I took a second (closer) glance. It seemed to have a pretty cool sculpt, so I was happy to open him up. It's one of the best figures I've had in quite awhile. He poses really well while holding his lightsaber with both hands. He almost looks like a miniature statue. I still want one on a mint cardback though; that's why I try to get the Vintage Collection by the case when I can afford it...I collect these mainly for the packaging, but from time to time I'll open one or two and just appreciate the figures themselves.

I'm sorry guys...I didn't mean to go off on a tangent. I just really like The Phantom Menace. I love the characters depicted in it, and in turn the figures based on them. I think sometimes it gets a bad rap, but I really don't want to open up that can of worms...

Oh, and I discovered on an online review that the life-size Darth Maul contest offer sticker comes off really easily. At first I thought I'd keep them on since of course Darth Maul is an Episode I character, so it would be fitting to have the sticker on Episode I figure cardbacks, that and it hearkens back to the offer stickers on the old vintage cardbacks back in the day. Besides, I didn't want to risk damaging the mint cardbacks by trying to remove them. But then it occured to me that the character pictures on the cardbacks were too cool to be obscured by a sticker. So I went and carefully peeled it off both cases of figures. They did indeed peel off extremely easily.

I just can't get over how great the Vintage Collection cardbacks look. It had been a wish of mine for many years that Hasbro would actually do true vintage-style packaging, and now they have, and it's so very awesome.

Hardly any vintage figs on the pegs at my WM before the cases hit. Juts a few at each store. But the stores near me that are loaded with figs like 10 plus did not get new figs.

Draven

I bought the PM Blu ray 4 pack a while back because, yes, those are very good representations of Qui Gon, Obi Wan, Maul, and battle droid. Excelent, in fact. However, I decided that the Episode I toys I bought way back in 1999 (before seeing the movie) will be all the PM figures I will ever need, so I returned them.

And yes, "vintage" TPM stuff is keeping my toy shelves in zero danger of being restocked.

You're depriving yourself yojoe. I'm tellin' ya, that Qui-Gon is awesome, and I suspect the Obi-Wan is too.

I think Hasbro made a mistake though...they claim on the blister of the Naboo Royal Guard that it's the first time that particular character has been released as an action figure, but that's not true. I still have my Marlon Wayans-looking Naboo Royal Guard that was released in the original Episode I line. He's sculpted with his arms up in a firing position holding his blaster.

You're depriving yourself yojoe. I'm tellin' ya, that Qui-Gon is awesome, and I suspect the Obi-Wan is too.

Oh I know, I know. But I gotta draw the line at OT guys for money and space sake.

Ya know what else I kinda like the I thought was lame at first, the Obi wan and Qui Gon with light up lightsabers. Yes, they look a bit stiff because of the feature, but they look cool when lit up. Cut the price in half and the kids they were made for may actually be able to afford one!

They light up?! Cool...I thought they were just clear plastic and simply meant to commemorate the vintage retractable lightsabers of old.

Now you talking about the Legacy figures, right? I had seen some pics of these online, but I don't think I've seen them in stores yet.

It's the Movie Heroes line now, but yeah, the red card edge stuff has Obi-Wan (TPM), Qui-Gon & a just starting to hit Vader with light-up sabers.

Now if I could just find some TVC goodness around here.

Their sabers are pretty bright too. Was surprised when I first saw them.

A couple of weeks ago, after waiting for years, I finally got a carded Wedge. So happy. Wedge is one of those characters that should have been made for mass retail SO very long ago. Had to resort to amazon but still..

Today I received these, again, also from amazon:

615114189.jpg?key=32642448&Expires=1341965319&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=pobW02M~AYDvMTiKHSsRdh1jSucOaRHd2ci8e2ku5bmLSj10U2PRQUVHRA1KHMt19iwDyWkToIcnbEk0nRejF73vKelCDh4V~Bfu7-W6IgFpIIM2qW2Fu22vOk3OEr80snD-EJcYVk5GcTSe6BVj-UqdfaQGn-1mxbwXVvE4WIQ_

Yes Adam, I agree...it boggles the mind that the Rancor keeper got a figure, but not Wedge, a major pilot for the Rebellion. Heck...Wedge may have seen more cockpit time than Luke, participating in and surviving some major battles. The man even helped destroy the second Death Star for cryin' out loud. What did the Rancor keeper do? He was disgusting...and he cried. (lol)

• 2 weeks later...

I actually found something new yesterday. And by something I mean Evazan, Kithaba & Wedge! My buddy Aayla & the 501st along with Hoth Luke & animated Anakin a short while back as well. So that wave has finally shown up at exactly 2 stores out of about 15 we check on a regular to semi-regular basis.

About a week ago I had some luck and found Barriss Offee at Walmart. I'm happy I found her, yet I waited in line for 30+min. because she wasn't even scanned as a part of their inventory yet(something to that affect). Besides that, I haven't seen anything else...I'm still on the hunt for Aayla Secura and Shae Vizla.

About a week ago I had some luck and found Barriss Offee at Walmart. I'm happy I found her, yet I waited in line for 30+min. because she wasn't even scanned as a part of their inventory yet(something to that affect). Besides that, I haven't seen anything else...I'm still on the hunt for Aayla Secura and Shae Vizla.

I got her in a contest on another forum. But you guys seem lucky, my local shops can't keep them on the shelves. Also does anyone have any extra astromech droids. I am 14 and I have been into Star Wars all my life, only I really never got the action figures. I can't find a job so really I do chores around the neighborhood to gather up enough for a figure. Usually takes about a week. anyway, does anyone have any?

Man its super dry up in north Alabama.I have a feeling Hasbro frogot us.This is Bullsh!+.

My stores are either still chalk full of PM stuff or have finally sold the PM stuff down but have seemingly no intention of restocking.

Man its super dry up in north Alabama.I have a feeling Hasbro frogot us.This is Bullsh!+.

My stores are either still chalk full of PM stuff or have finally sold the PM stuff down but have seemingly no intention of restocking.

The stores in my area have squat I only see the phanton menace crap and they don't even fill the pegs

• 2 weeks later...

Hey now...I found a lone Nikto skiff guard at TRU. My first OT retail find in quite a while. I guess it's a good thing that these guys come out at a snail's pace. I don't think I could afford 5 or 6 in one shot at $10 each. I also don't think this guy's been done since the 80s line, so I guess I won't complain.