Star Wars Toy Hauls

Jase

got some of the gold coin galactic hunts today.

How hard are these to find? I spotted at least 8 of these today after Walmart restocked the pegs to capacity.

Well, according to the Bay (and yes, sadly, I equate rarity with the lack of items on E-Bay), they don't seem to be too crazy rare. The Mcquarrie with Gold coins are going for the most - but they are also the hardest - but even then they aren't going for much over the regular counterpart. Currently there are 88 up on E-Bay. So I would say hard to find, but not hard as - say- a Marvel Legend variant or anything of the sort.

How hard are these to find? I spotted at least 8 of these today after Walmart restocked the pegs to capacity.

Well, according to the Bay (and yes, sadly, I equate rarity with the lack of items on E-Bay), they don't seem to be too crazy rare. The Mcquarrie with Gold coins are going for the most - but they are also the hardest - but even then they aren't going for much over the regular counterpart. Currently there are 88 up on E-Bay. So I would say hard to find, but not hard as - say- a Marvel Legend variant or anything of the sort.

Thanks for the info Cap! I don't collect Star Wars anymore but I do check them out whenever I'm in the store. There were some McQuarrie Chewbacca figures with the gold coins there. I also remember seeing the animated Boba Fett w/gold coin.

I stopped in at that same Walmart today during lunch to grab a couple more GI Joes and ALL of the gold coin figures were GONE. Big shocker....

Scored the A'sharad/Dark Woman 2-pack today at Wal-Mart on East Colonial (I'm on leave right now. Figures I had to come to the East Coast to find it!). Found 2 of them as well as an Obi/Alpha 2-pack. Also grabbed (unrelated) a glow-in-the-dark SP movie Spidey.

• 2 weeks later...

.....well lets see...I went to my Walmart today with the UPC codes and they have 64...yes 64 Jedi Lukes in the back while out front is over loaded with The Saga Collection from 06????? They also had 10 Concept Vaders.....but the assholes are too lazy to go in the back and get them. BUT if you want a sleeping bag they dont mind going in the back to get them?????????

• 3 weeks later...

Back in San Diego now. Here's last Friday's haul for me:

Got the new Y-Wing at Morena Vista TRU (Already customized the R5 head and have a R4-I9 head in its place :D ). Also picked up 9 AOTC mold clones and 8 ROTS clones, as well as a Moisture Farmer Luke for customizing purposes ;) and 3 Stormies (my squad's complete now). They also had the 181st TIE Interceptor but I can't believe that I forgot to grab one! @doh@ @bH@ Also grabbed a Jedi vs Sith battle pack they had (last one, apparently). and an Impulse Buy: Dr. Seusse's Green Eggs and Ham. :rolleyes:

Also picked up a Stormie and 1 AOTC clone at Sports Arena Target a little before that.

• 2 weeks later...

bought a whole bunch of figs today at my wlamart they were $3 each

Just did a mdnight toy run to a Wal Mart in upstate NY where they had just restocked with some wave 4 and Saga Legends figures. I missed the concept Vader and some UGH figures, but managed to grab Darktrooper, Imperial Officer, orange pauldron Sandtrooper, and a Clone Commander. The guy working also told me tha they were expecting alot of cases in a week or two.

As I was going through more wave 3 at walmart I FINALLY came up on more new figures

I grabbed the Imperial Officer and yoda on the Kybuck

I actually had Roran Corobb in my hands until I found the Kybuck

I had to pass on that for now along with the C-3P0/Salacious Crumb set

At Wal Mart I got a new variation of sandtrooper... it is the POTF2 sandtrooper from the 3-D set i did not know it was real.

Yeah I had seen that on rebelscum and am still looking for it

Here are some other variations

Otherwise I have grabbed the Blue and Red episode 2 clones

For those looking for Wave 5, you might want to check your local Kohl's store. I found all but the McStarkiller Hero there. It was well work a trip to a clothing store.

I managed to find one Sandtrooper with the super-dirty deco w/ grey pauldron. Everything else was picked clean. Although there were a lot of 501st Legion Trooper from my local Toysrus. Maybe I should've picked one up? Any Walmarts carrying the newer stuff perhaps the one in NY near Costco? Guys?

thanks for the tip- picked up all the darths and one han solo with torture rack- pretty cool but no gold or concepts- bummer

Found more Sandtroopers (the super dirty version w/ gray pauldron and the slightly dirty version w/ orange pauldron) on the pegs at my local Toysrus in Douglaston. There was only one Imperial Officer w/ brown hair hiding behind some boxes. There was also only one Red Clone Trooper Sergeant/Captain(?). There were several Episode II Commerative Tins though; one or two Episode IV Commerative Tins; an overabundance of Episode VI Commerative Tins; and exactly one Battle Pack of Tantive IV. There was an excess of Clone Troopers and the 501st Clone Trooper as well. None of the new waves have been coming in though.

thanks for the tip- picked up all the darths and one han solo with torture rack- pretty cool but no gold or concepts- bummer

Found more Sandtroopers (the super dirty version w/ gray pauldron and the slightly dirty version w/ orange pauldron) on the pegs at my local Toysrus in Douglaston. There was only one Imperial Officer w/ brown hair hiding behind some boxes. There was also only one Red Clone Trooper Sergeant/Captain(?). There were several Episode II Commerative Tins though; one or two Episode IV Commerative Tins; an overabundance of Episode VI Commerative Tins; and exactly one Battle Pack of Tantive IV. There was an excess of Clone Troopers and the 501st Clone Trooper as well. None of the new waves have been coming in though.

Imperial officer with brown hair? seriously? forgot to mention that seen four oficcer Macs but in my haste forgot to pick it - did i screw up?

I found at Wlamart the Snadtrooper with the white pauldren and it a clean figure....meaning no sand stains

Anybody see the re-issue of the Comic Packs of Han Solo in Stormtrooper attire (without the blue markings on the stormtrooper armor) and Chewie and Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper attire (again, without the blue paint on the armor) and R2-D2?

As for getting the Imperial Officer with brown hair, I have no idea if you made a mistake not getting one. lol. Just get figures that you really want. Hope that helps (probably didn't, oh well LOL).

Found on Rebelscum.com, a new variation of the beloved Sandtrooper has been released... at least in California: http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/There...oper_109783.asp

All I can say is, I want one especially b/c of the Sandtrooper blaster rifle, and the Sandtrooper Evolutions body!

Has anyone found them in the Mid/East Coast as of yet?