DC Comics Toy Findings

Jase

66666.jpg

I have had a few good finds lately, but today I had an older DCUC figure find. I was at my Kroger earlier today, and I heard some Krogers carry DCUC, but I have never really went out of my way to check. So I go to the toy aisle and check, and I see Booster Gold, Kid Flash, The Penguin, nothing too special at all. Then I crouch down to look at the bottom shelf to see if anyone maybe stuck one behind something, and I catch a glimpse of orange glaring off of the floor. It looks like something is UNDER the bottom shelf on the floor. So I reach under and I pull out a very dusty DCUC box, and I can not yet tell what figure it is, so I turn it over, and its a Wave 3 Deathstroke with no mask, so I am ecstatic at this point because I do not even have this figure, I have the masked version, and since I never saw the un-masked version, I never got it. So I go up to the check out, and its only $6.99. This was a very good deal and a heck of a find. So, next time you are at your Kroger, be sure to check the toy aisle. Anyways, this is 3rd time in the past couple of weeks I have found a DCUC I need hidden somewhere. The best so far was the Gentleman Ghost hidden at Target behind some board games. Here is the Deathstroke bought from Kroger today (Picture was taken with a cell phone, sorry its so small):

DS.jpg

Again, be sure to check your local Kroger, they might have a DCUC figure you are looking for. Then again, some Krogers do not even have a toy section. Anyways, I thought this was a pretty cool find.

I have had a few good finds lately, but today I had an older DCUC figure find. I was at my Kroger earlier today, and I heard some Krogers carry DCUC, but I have never really went out of my way to check. So I go to the toy aisle and check, and I see Booster Gold, Kid Flash, The Penguin, nothing too special at all. Then I crouch down to look at the bottom shelf to see if anyone maybe stuck one behind something, and I catch a glimpse of orange glaring off of the floor. It looks like something is UNDER the bottom shelf on the floor. So I reach under and I pull out a very dusty DCUC box, and I can not yet tell what figure it is, so I turn it over, and its a Wave 3 Deathstroke with no mask, so I am ecstatic at this point because I do not even have this figure, I have the masked version, and since I never saw the un-masked version, I never got it. So I go up to the check out, and its only $6.99. This was a very good deal and a heck of a find. So, next time you are at your Kroger, be sure to check the toy aisle. Anyways, this is 3rd time in the past couple of weeks I have found a DCUC I need hidden somewhere. The best so far was the Gentleman Ghost hidden at Target behind some board games. Here is the Deathstroke bought from Kroger today (Picture was taken with a cell phone, sorry its so small):

DS.jpg

Again, be sure to check your local Kroger, they might have a DCUC figure you are looking for. Then again, some Krogers do not even have a toy section. Anyways, I thought this was a pretty cool find.

I live in Central Ohio and have been able to find a few figures at various Kroger Stores. Typically it is the Kroger Marketplace stores that have the figures and this is how I was able to find the entire Atom Smasher Wave.

Honestly, it has happened so many times that I can pull up the bottom shelf and find figures underneath. There are few collectors that actually try to hide stuff that way. I started making a habit of checking beneath those shelves.

Congrats on an awesome find!

Hola!!

If anyone in the Phoenix area is still looking for wave 10, the Wal-mart on 19th & Bell just unpacked a case. they have the whole case & while i was interested in taking them all, i left with only Power girl.

there is another, plus everyone else needed to make Imperiex.

but hurry! #US1#

Went to Target Saturday. They had the same ole wave 7 crap that's been out for months. I scanned one and WTF?! They have more in the back?? Asked a guy if he could go check for me and he came back with a case. He said that it was the only one. He opened it and immediately I saw a yellow Dr Fate. I already have it, but I got really excited since it wasn't a normal wave 7 box.

Case mix:

Dr Fate yellow

Flash

Green Lantern

2x Black Canary

Green Arrow

Hawkgirl

and then some wave 7s or 6s I think.

Snagged the Hawkgirl, Green Arrow, and one of the Black Canary's.

BUT STILL NO GENTLEMEN GHOST!!! ARGH!!! Giganta still headless!!!

I was luck enough to be at a Target when they opened the only case they had. There are 8 figures in a case.

3 Superman

3 Batman

1 Icicle

1 Silver Banshee

The Superman/Batman variants, Major Force, and Black Lightening will not be released until later this year.

Pics or it didn't happen.

You really wanted to see pics of the case? Why would I lie about how many are in a case? The lady said they had 8 in stock. There was one Batman and one Superman on the shelf. She brought out the opened case that had two more Batman and two more Superman figures, plus Banshee and Icicle. Moot point now.

You really wanted to see pics of the case? Why would I lie about how many are in a case? The lady said they had 8 in stock. There was one Batman and one Superman on the shelf. She brought out the opened case that had two more Batman and two more Superman figures, plus Banshee and Icicle. Moot point now.

What you saw was an extra Bats and Supes from another case, plus an opened case of 6. There are NO 8-figure cases as far as anyone but you have reported yet.

That was my point.

What you saw was an extra Bats and Supes from another case, plus an opened case of 6. There are NO 8-figure cases as far as anyone but you have reported yet.

That was my point.

Dude,

Given the situation, my error was an easy one to make. The lady said they had eight in stock. She then brought out an OPEN case and pulled out 2 BM, 2 SM, 1 SB, 1 I. I added the 1 BM and 1 SM on the shelf and my knowledge that DCUC use to ship 8 per case. Assumption made.

I am smart enough to gather from other posts that I was wrong in my assumption. There was no need to add the snarky comment.

That was my point.

Dude,

Given the situation, my error was an easy one to make. The lady said they had eight in stock. She then brought out an OPEN case and pulled out 2 BM, 2 SM, 1 SB, 1 I. I added the 1 BM and 1 SM on the shelf and my knowledge that DCUC use to ship 8 per case. Assumption made.

I am smart enough to gather from other posts that I was wrong in my assumption. There was no need to add the snarky comment.

That was my point.

But you never came back on after that and said you must have been mistaken. Therefore, I thought you still believed that you saw an 8-figure case. How was I supposed to know you figured it out later? I'm not a mind-reader.

Also, I wasn't trying to be snarky at all. It's a straight-forward equation:

"pics or it didn't happen"

I didn't invent the phrase, and I am not the first nor the only person who uses it. It's just an unwritten rule of toy forums. I'm not "out to get you" or anything.

But you never came back on after that and said you must have been mistaken. Therefore, I thought you still believed that you saw an 8-figure case. How was I supposed to know you figured it out later? I'm not a mind-reader.

Also, I wasn't trying to be snarky at all. It's a straight-forward equation:

"pics or it didn't happen"

I didn't invent the phrase, and I am not the first nor the only person who uses it. It's just an unwritten rule of toy forums. I'm not "out to get you" or anything.

You are right, I have heard that phrase before also. That is why I take pictures of my findings. I posted this find in the Gentleman Ghost Help Thread, but it probably better suits the Toy Findings Thread. I found a Gentleman Ghost, Red Parademon, and a Dr Fate at a Target that I never go to. Then, I went to a Target down the street from that one and found the Deadshot I needed to complete Wave 9, and this was in ONE day. I am finally done with Waves 8 and 9 after these finds. They also had an Icicle and Silver Banshee (Public Enemies) at BOTH Targets, so I guess no collectors ever hit these Targets, which is good for me. I know alot of you guys get your DCUC figures off of the internet, but I never really do that. I love the hunt for the figures. I love walking into a Wal Mart, Target, Toys R Us or where ever, and finding the figure I have been looking for, and get it for $12 right there. I know some figures are nearly impossible to find, but so far I have found every DCUC figure I want and gotten doubles of most of them so I can open one and leave one sealed. Anyways, here is my "pics or it didn't happen" post.

Lucky Wave 8 Find

Wave8-3.jpg

Wave 9 FINALLY Finished

Wave9-1.jpg