No More Joe...

jinx723

:o Just out of curiosity what would you do if there was no more G.I. Joe. Hasbro decides to not release Wave 4 of DTC, all Sigma 6 stuff stopped showing up at stores, the comics & cartoons were canceled, even The G.I. Joe Collectors Club closed there doors (no conventions). Hasbro just finally said "F*** it, there's no pleasing these guys." WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

I'd keep on making the stuff that Hasbro wouldn't or won't take on. I only need one more figure for my US collection (1982 to current) and a handful of variants, and already have a foreign collection in the upper 200's, so for me things are almost at an end anyway. Customs are where I find most of my enjoyment now anyway.

Probably be a rich man :D

I'd continue buying vintage stuff and making customs.

well, it wouldn't kill me...

That's why I collect several toylines..... which always means there's something out there.

and that too. i guess it would suck if all you collected was gi joe. but, all my life i've loved toys in general, so there's always so much out there for me.

even if i did only colect joe, i'd be alright. i've already got more than enough now. i'm content with what i've got.

Hasbro is pretty much done now aren't they (and, no, I'm not playing DOOMSAYER).

I don't collect Sigma 6. And, except for the Plague pack and, whenever it happens, wave 4, that's it (I believe it will be a few months before the "anniversary" stuff starts making appearances).

I DO collect TFs and, as others stated, vintage stuff. So, while not having any new stuff would suck, there is plenty of old stuff still to acquire.

vintage, like everybody else. (which would probably drive up vintage prices)

On the other hand, it may drive down prices, not having anything new to hype up interest in the line as a whole.

perhaps, i guess my first thought was that we'd all be fighting over the same peices on evilbay. i do see your point, though, as it was the ARAH reissues back in 97 that revived my interest in joes (prior to that i was buying all kinds of random toy lines)

Uh, pretty much what I'm doing now I guess... Collect vintage stuff.

Same here, even though there aren't many vintage Joes left that I want but don't already have.

It's kinda boring now collecting Joes. I wish Hasbro would do something drastic to spark interest.

Who says a hobby has to be predicated on new product?

What's wrong with enjoying what you have in hand, finding new ways and new skills to take what you already own and do different things with it? The possibilites are huge, nearly limitless.

Besides, GIJOE isn't even close to being dead.