has this ever happen to you?

MARVEL7o7

when ever you get a htf fig, u become happy that the hunt is over. suddenly you go back to the store and see many of them and you dont feel happy anymore. has it ever happened to you?

Nah, because I never see 'em again.

And if I did, I'd just be thankful that I had it. Plus, somebody else might have a shot at getting one with some seen in the store.

If I ever saw a Dragon Man or a Kang... and then saw them again, I'd probably buy them again and put 'em up for somebody on here. Like, do a raffle or something.

-Matt

I can relate to that notion. It's not just happiness that I finally got the figure, but also the thrill of the hunt. Especially with a HTF figure. As a collector I almost see it as a status symbol, giving validation to my collection. Although I don't have any real collecting friends, I'm always reading these boards and find contentment in owning a new HTF toy while everyone else is still looking. And it does suck when you get the rare figure and then they become common shortly after. A few months ago, I broke down and bought a ML Scarlet Witch off of Ebay for about $15 b/c I couldn't find her in stores. Sure enough before I even received her in the mail I started seeing her in stores. And then it got to be where seeing her was a common occurance.

If I ever saw a Dragon Man or a Kang... and then saw them again, I'd probably buy them again and put 'em up for somebody on here. Like, do a raffle or something.

-Matt

Or you could just do a trade with me *hint hint* The heck with a raffle, I never win anything from those, but I know I'm not alone on that @smilepunch@ If you had those figures, I'd constantly pm you ;)

To answer the question, I thought I really lucked out when I picked up the Scarlet Witch figure. Yes, she was a bit disappointing in the final release, but I'm a fan of the character, so I was and am still glad to have her in my collection. Yet, when some of us were seeing her and others in restocks of ML10 AND ML11 over the summer, I knew she wasn't such a hard to find figure in the end.

happens to me all the time.......cant find a figure and once i get it, i start finding all over the place

yep, yep. I guess, in this case, we should consider ourselves lucky. it's better that there's an abundance of a figure you really want, instead of the other way around.

I'm glad that there's an abundance of X3 Series 3 figures and hopefully there will be an abundance of Face Off Series 2 because I ordered them and then found them at TRU.

I don't feel satisfaction in owning the toy before anyone else etc. but I feel really steamed if I spend a lot of money on a toy and then it becomes common. Which is why I try to limit that to really rare things like foreign excl. etc. Even then sometimes you can't tell. Like with TF stuff being reissued by Hasbro US etc. (God Ginrai and Stepper anyone?).

• 5 weeks later...

I normaly only ever see afigure once so no...

ORRRRRRRRRR

I see it once & buy it and then happen to go out of town and see lots and on clearance, son of a!

The thing that really frustrates the hell out of me is when I'm searching for a figure and finally find one when I go on one my lengthy searches only to see one like the next day at one of the stores closest to me...or worse, the Target I work at!

...Happens all the time too!

The hardest thing for me is trying to keep myself from buying another one when I do see it again. You never know when a figure might turn out to be ultra hard to find and could come in handy for trade bait!